Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
So sorry for your loss. Incredibly painful, but the memories and bond between you two are always worth the pain when this time comes. Hope you find peace and comfort in that. Perhaps, in time, you'll decide to get another and enjoy those moments again. Nothing like the unconditional love of a dog.
gage9A.jpg
Thank you, but we also have an 8 YO Aussie Shepherd, Ellie, who is a true "rock hound". She will chase after any good-sized rock I toss aside, find it in a pile of rocks, and bring it back to me! She also likes to chase rabbits, but has no interest in chasing a frisbee or a ball. We may get another dog, who knows?

This crap is blowing my mind...if JG turns out to be a decent to good NFL quarterback...then you would have to say that it was probably the greatest waste/misuse of true talent in Tennessee Volunteer history. Either that or he wasn't trying that hard to get better. I don't remember EVER seeing him throw a touch pass like that in a Vol uniform.
He was just 3-6 for 30 yds in a meaningless preseason game…. He will be very lucky to make a practice squad although the Jets allowed Matt simms to hang around as 3rd qb for a couple seasons and he was worse than JG.

I will give you a ton of points for that one but I have to chime in with something... My mentor was born in 30s (so was his wife) and his wife though American grew up in the Shah's Iran. I don't remember if her father was a missionary, pastor or both but she was fully integrated into what Iran was like at that time. What most people don't realize is that up until the Revolution, Iran was considered the Jewel of the Middle East. Seriously, both Iran and Lebanon were as westernized and forward thinking as it got (even moreso than a lot of your less developed Europen nations) but war and a religious revolution that only happened because the Ayatollah was basically the only guy still there absolutely destroyed Iran.

Even today, most Iranians (especially younger Iranians) would do just about anything to reverse what happened. Despite the hateful rhetoric put out via official channels, the truth is that the average Iranian is very pro-West. They can only do so much without being drug off to a secret prison and tortured but if they had their way their country would be very different.
Mahmoud Ahmidinijad, slightly less puncheable face than Dan Mullen.

Reactions: UTProf
Back in my day we had to wake up at 3am to hike in sub-zero temps to the Seward Peninsula to wait for the ice bridge to form and walk across the Bering Strait to school.

Sometimes you'd hike too far north in whiteout conditions and have 30 days of sun. Which meant 30 straight days of studying.

These kids today wouldn't understand that kind of sacrifice. They just go to their cafeteria and eat their Ruths Cris
Was the walk barefoot and uphill both ways?

View attachment 482803
Thank you, but we also have an 8 YO Aussie Shepherd, Ellie, who is a true "rock hound". She will chase after any good-sized rock I toss aside, find it in a pile of rocks, and bring it back to me! She also likes to chase rabbits, but has no interest in chasing a frisbee or a ball. We may get another dog, who knows?
I bet her heart is broke too. Losing friends sucks.

This is disturbing

OIP.B9cgU_xB3_yc2_wPEnIgKAHaHa

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back