Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
He is not wrong.

It’s an interesting take. The offense is also limiting itself because it’s moving so fast.

Still think there is a clear advantage to the offense because it knows what it is doing and can plan during the previous play…ie…we gain 7+ yards on this play we run play X based on the defensive personnel/alignment we are seeing.

It’s an interesting take. The offense is also limiting itself because it’s moving so fast.

Still think there is a clear advantage to the offense because it knows what it is doing and can plan during the previous play…ie…we gain 7+ yards on this play we run play X based on the defensive personnel/alignment we are seeing.
Oh it's a huge offensive advantage.

You can dictate what personnel they have in the game. You can create favorable match ups and all they can do is line up without knowing what we actually are trying to do.

I think the fact that Kelly has never faced a Heupel offense before is a HUGE advantage and we will smoke them.

Listen...I get we don't like our rivals, but Nick Saban is probably going to go down as one of the best college head coaches to ever do it. I don't know if he could do anything for Wisconsin more than what's already been done there, and he honestly may have no desire to build a new dynasty when he's got Bama chugging along.

But Shula was 3 games over 500 when he was fired and Saban brought in. He built that program down there, and it's just our luck it happened to be our yearly west rival. There is a reason why in 27 years of coaching at 4 different schools in 3 different conferences that he's only had 2 seasons where he finished at 500 and has never finished with a losing season. He's a damn good coach.
I didn't say he wasn't a good coach. MASSIVELY outtalenting and outrefereeing every other school besides 3 others makes any true judgement of him impossible.

You wanna ride him as the goat, go ahead...I will never think he is all that. He is no genius football innovator and he never has been, he is a genius college football program-process manager with UNLIMITED resources.

I give him all credit for being what he was needed to be, he has gotten the job done in spades, but he doesn't do what he has done at Alabama anywhere else outside of OSU and UGA....maybe USC if he could get the same control of the "shadow program" as PC did there.

Somebody's got a case of the Mondays! And by somebody I mean most you morans in here arguing over firing Banks or drinking bibles or whatever it is you wanna argue about.

It's a game week, we're still undefeated and about to face our 3rd top 25 team of the season and 2nd on the road. We need some good news on health front and hopefully the offense is still clicking like against Florida and the defense takes some steps in the secondary.

Last edited:
200.gif

I didn't say he wasn't a good coach. MASSIVELY outtalenting and outrefereeing every other school besides 3 others makes any true judgement of him impossible.

You wanna ride him as the goat, go ahead...I will never think he is all that. He is no genius football innovator and he never has been, he is a genius college football program-process manager with UNLIMITED resources.

I give him all credit for being what he was needed to be, he has gotten the job done in spades, but he doesn't do what he has done at Alabama anywhere else outside of OSU and UGA....maybe USC if he could get the same control of the "shadow program" as PC did there.

He's been able to build college programs at a few places. He would have been able to do it in a lot of places. But that was also 16 years ago, times are different so I'm not sure if he still has the same fire to do it from a ground up situation like he did when he took the Bama job. And that's a well oiled machine in full motion, would be dumb to leave it now...unless he doesn't like being in a crowded conference like the SEC with so many big name coaches.

We should press man coverage and bring the house. Have to stop the run this game, LSU has like 4 backs and they all are physical.
At times for sure. Gotta contain Daniels though. If you’re playing cover zero and he breaks contain—that’s a bad day

Reactions: Smokey19rt
I’d stop drinking bourbon altogether and sip on some scotch. Specifically Balvenie 12 yr doublewood. Delicious.
That was one of my favorites a few years ago. Pricing for it went thru the roof so I began going with others. Might have to grab a bottle and see if it still suits my tastes. It's a very good scotch tho.

Reactions: MarcoVol
He's been able to build college programs at a few places. He would have been able to do it in a lot of places. But that was also 16 years ago, times are different so I'm not sure if he still has the same fire to do it from a ground up situation like he did when he took the Bama job. And that's a well oiled machine in full motion, would be dumb to leave it now...unless he doesn't like being in a crowded conference like the SEC with so many big name coaches.
Once again...I have never said he wasn't a good coach.

That smart money is betting on LSU makes me nervous. They must think their defense can slow us way down like Pitt did, and that our defense is....well...our defense...🤔
Do kinda agree with this. Seeing where this line moves as the week goes on will be telling. Think of it like this: is it worth it for a pro bettor to take LSU +4.5 in order to lay more with Tennessee at less than a FG later in the week? That also gives a nice 1.5-2 point middle they can take advantage of. I’ll be more nervous if we see it come closer to a pick em by the weekend, but my gut tells me this settles around 3-3.5.

Do kinda agree with this. Seeing where this line moves as the week goes on will be telling. Think of it like this: is it worth it for a pro bettor to take LSU +4.5 in order to lay more with Tennessee at less than a FG later in the week? That also gives a nice 1.5-2 point middle they can take advantage of. I’ll be more nervous if we see it come closer to a pick em by the weekend, but my gut tells me this settles around 3-3.5.
It could be the homer in me, but that number is too low. We should be around 7.

Reactions: UTJoe and Orange.
TN: 19.0 PPG Allowed
LSU: 14.8 PPG Allowed

TN: 309.3 passing yards allowed per game
LSU: 184.6 passing yards allowed per game

TN: 98.0 rushing yards allowed per game
LSU: 109.2 rushing yards allowed per game

TN: 407.3 total yards allowed per game
LSU: 293.8 total yards allowed per game

"LSU is an elite defense!"

Total plays
TN: 77.8 per game
LSU: 59.4 per game

TN: 5.2 yards per play allowed
LSU: 4.9 yards per play allowed

LSU played FSU (49th in ppg), New Mexico (112th in ppg), Auburn (107th in ppg) & Miss St (24th in ppg)
TN played Ball State (84th in ppg), Pitt (54th in ppg), Akron (122nd in ppg), & Florida (62nd in ppg)

Teams get nearly 20 more plays a game against us, and we lead the SEC in passing attempts against us because teams are often playing from behind.

Somebody's got a case of the Mondays! And by somebody I mean most you morans in here arguing over firing Banks or drinking bibles or whatever it is you wanna argue about.

It's a game week, we're still undefeated and about to face our 3rd top 25 team of the season and 2nd on the road. We need some good news on health front and hopefully the offense is still clicking like against Florida and the defense takes some steps in the secondary.
0e746453-f6b3-48a7-8190-2029412b5585_text.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back