Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
The sec would prefer Tennessee to win. Having us in the top ten is good for the league, if we lose there will be one less sec team at the top.
It's not clear that that's the case. I think an LSU win would be very welcome in Tuscaloosa and Athens. Your way of stating it implies that Birmingham operates a sort of neutral algorithm where every team is weighted equally. If that were the case, you would have to believe that if AL had been allowed to lose at Tejas and also Tennessee beat LSU, then Birmingham would prefer Tennessee to beat AL. I'm not sure anyone believes that. It's also not known that Birmingham wants 3 teams in the playoffs; Sankey has mentioned several times a desire to see a Pac12 make the dance as a matter of perception and maintaining national interest. And I'm not aware of anyone who believes that Birmingham would prefer a resurgence of AL's regular opponent under the proposed new scheduling. I don't know if you think that or if you are accidentally misconstruing the view of people who think that Birmingham intervenes in outcomes. But let's just hope, for now, we get evenhanded officiating. I really don't want to go into this, but I thought I should set down a note of objection, just in case we are unfortunate to have officiating intervene in the game. I wouldn't want it implied that the view that you state and are entitled to were unanimous.

Reactions: InVOLuntary
Oh it's a huge offensive advantage.

You can dictate what personnel they have in the game. You can create favorable match ups and all they can do is line up without knowing what we actually are trying to do.

I think the fact that Kelly has never faced a Heupel offense before is a HUGE advantage and we will smoke them.
Yep vols win by 13+

I wonder if the line is 7 minus home-field 3, if that is a thing. I don't follow oddsmaking and am not a competent judge.
It started at -6.5 UT and has moved to where it is now. I think it should be -6.5 even with home field. It's the early money come in for LSU that's shifting the line.

Reactions: Smokey19rt
My take is if the # 8 team is a -3 against the #25, they full expect Tennessee to lose this game. Vegas feels like LSU will win.
Not necessarily. They had Mississippi st as the favorite over Texas am even though Texas am is ranked. I think they are just respecting Death Valley and think we are truly a 7 point favorite over them

Reactions: Smokey19rt
At times for sure. Gotta contain Daniels though. If you’re playing cover zero and he breaks contain—that’s a bad day

Would definitely need to spy him in that scenario. Hadn't seen alot of that when we played against true DT QBs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back