Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
That LSU game will be a down to the wire rock fight

Going into Death Valley top-10 will be hype. The irony will be LSU (if they beat Auburn, which they should) may actually be close to a pick 'em despite maybe not even being ranked, the flip flop of the Pitt situation. Imo they should be ranked though. They're not bad at all.

Imo LSU got unduly punished for losing to FSU, who now looks pretty solid. And the voters haven't caught up.

Idk if FPI has updated, but it currently has LSU a 60/40 favorite. About a 3 point game. It's almost like the voters don't trust them, but the analytics and Vegas do. Really hope the voters' skepticism is right, they fall flat vs Auburn, get banged up, and lay an egg vs us.

Getting a bye week before road game at LSU is huge. They aren’t great but they are talented still and have a good home crowd. This bye week will allow for players to get healthy and Heupel to try and patch together a good gameplan for LSU. LSU O Line is weaker and they aren’t deep as they usually are. I think the tempo can wear them down and hopefully the front 7 can break through their O Line to cover up the secondary’s lackluster showing this year

We scored to end the first half and again to start the second half. When is the last time we did that in a meaningful game? It’s such a massive momentum/point swing and is a huge reason we won.
Remember that field goal we stole before half against, I think, UK? Ended up being the difference in the game. Same as that 99yd TD drive before half. Heupel is gonna win us a lot of games if he stays consistent in areas like this.

Remember the coaches we've had who would run out the last minute or 2 of the half, just to get off the field? Cowards. So glad we have Heupel and this mind-set.

Man how good was Hooker last night, the dude played a brilliant game
He hasn't ran that well and been so on point since last year. If he has things figured out, look out.

My ONLY criticism, if I try really hard, was not hitting guys on the run a couple times. And not throwing second level/keeping it on his last play of the night. That's really it. And that's asking for perfection.

That might actually be what has me more excited. You take away the self inflicted mistakes/errors we made and there's another 2 or 3 TDs hung on the Gators.

Fant fumble we were driving to score and the Hooker fumble we were moving the ball as well.

Same could be certainly said about the PITT game... Everyone thinking I'm all nega.... I'm just pointing out that while we are winning, we are still making huge mistakes throughout the game... it is going to eventually catch up with us... I hope we take this week to really break down tape and see where we can improve and tighten up.

We are about to hit LSU, AL, GA, and KY.... making all these sloppy mistakes will be magnified in games like these and may come back to haunt us.

Reactions: TurnoverTrashCan
While I agree, that did seemed to be the consensus gameplan among everyone.

"Shut down the run game and make Richardson beat you with his arm"

He couldn't do it. Not even close. Took a miracle to even be with 3 scores with 6 mins left 😅🤣

Just like Pitt, everything went wrong, but our gameplan worked itself out.
It’s kind of a hard concept to embrace, but the bend but don’t break has not broken in spite of wicked bend

That LSU game will be a down to the wire rock fight
It will be more like Pitt than Florida.
Florida can’t get to the qb but also protects extremely well. LSU can’t protect the qb but can definitely disrupt HH. Both TN and LSU are fully capable of putting up 40 and causing enough problems to limit the other team to < 40. We’ll need Byron Young, Omari, and Tyler Baron to a great day. I expect it to be another game where the defense will be the story if we win.

Reactions: Revived2002
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back