Recruiting Forum Football Talk [RIP 9.3.2019]

Status
Not open for further replies.
This isn’t the 90s anymore. We’re currently on a 3 game losing streak to Vanderbilt. This program is going to have to be built from the ground up. Year 3 will be when we can tell if Pruitt has a chance to fix this thing. Ala Barnes and the b-ball team
Wait, we lost to Vandy 3 times in a row.... First time hearing that...

I believe Pruitt is a good coach. I believe his staff is even better. If we string a handful of losing seasons together I believe it would prove there is something so fundamentally wrong on the Hill that changing coaches might be a death sentence.
Something was fundamentally wrong on the Hill and that changed when Fulmer was promoted to AD and Pruitt was hired.

Haha all good man, you do you. I’m all about critique and constructive criticism, especially from people who know what they’re talking about. There’s just a difference between that and a mob of trolls crushing someone. You’re right about it being fair game - just not nice game. But hey that’s kinda what anonymous boards are for so 🤷‍♂️

I’m just trying to put a good vibe or two out in the world. Different perspective based off different experiences 😎
It is just that you picked the wrong guy to defend. He deserves every bit of insult hurled his way...

I actually mostly agree with you, but it all depends on the "artist" in questions attitude. I despise a lot of the arrogant, pretentious idiots in the arts today...

5-7 is a failure no matter who gets injured imo, cuz it’ll screw our recruiting class just the same 😬
At Bass' urging, I gave your album a spin last night on Amazon music. I know you're not in a position to be the most subjective on this, but the impression that came to mind was that I thought you come across as kind of a mix between Brent Cobb and Parker Millsap...do you think that's a fair comparison?

Reactions: NashVolDavis
The schedule is what gives me confidence we can win 8-9 this year.

BYU is not good. We played a good WVU team last year with 2 freshmen playing DB in their first games ever. BYU is much easier.

MSU is also easier than AU was on paper last year. MSU lost their best players and now have 10 dudes suspended. We should win that game.

UK lost their best players and we beat them anyway. It's KY. We'll beat them again.

Mizzou lost Lock, I don't know how good they'll be I really don't.

SC is okay, but not great. We can beat them. This is a tough game though because it immediately follows bama.

If we don't beat Vandy this year I might just give up. I mean, they're Vandy. They're not very good and they lost their starting QB and OC. We should absolutely beat them this year.

So, looking at this schedule, knowing that we have added Chaney and our guys have made significant gains in S&C, we definitely win the 4 OOC games. Then we beat MSU, Vandy, and KY and that's 7 wins right there. Then we just need 1-2 of SC, Fl, and Mizz to get to 8-9. We should be able to do that barring catastrophic injuries which are certainly possible.

BYU is not good. We played a good WVU team last year with 2 freshmen playing DB in their first games ever. BYU is much easier.

MSU is also easier than AU was on paper last year. MSU lost their best players and now have 10 dudes suspended. We should win that game.

UK lost their best players and we beat them anyway. It's KY. We'll beat them again.

SC is okay, but not great. We can beat them. This is a tough game though because it immediately follows bama.

If we don't beat Vandy this year I might just give up. I mean, they're Vandy. They're not very good and they lost their starting QB and OC. We should absolutely beat them this year.

So, looking at this schedule, knowing that we have added Chaney and our guys have made significant gains in S&C, we definitely win the 4 OOC games. Then we beat MSU, Vandy, and KY and that's 7 wins right there. Then we just need 1-2 of SC, Fl, and Mizz to get to 8-9. We should be able to do that barring catastrophic injuries which are certainly possible.

With you here.......................plus we have the future Heisman winner on the squad

At Bass' urging, I gave your album a spin last night on Amazon music. I know you're not in a position to be the most subjective on this, but the impression that came to mind was that I thought you come across as kind of a mix between Brent Cobb and Parker Millsap...do you think that's a fair comparison?
My man. I like Brent Cobb also.

Reactions: NashVolDavis
A lot would have to go wrong for this team to be 5-7. Assuming things stand where they are, this is a 6-8 win team.

When have we ever had much go right in the last 15 years? Hell we haven't played a game yet, and already lost the best DL for the season, and the best LB is at best hobbled.

Lol playbook saying Georgia state might be tougher of a game than we think
Definitely. I mean they beat Kennesaw State by 4 last year! NC State only beat them by 34 pts. And dang, they played the mighty Chanticleers of Coastal Carolina tough before losing 37-34! We better look out!

100% agree. The talent on this team is undervalued and unrealized because most of it is freshman and sophomores. But there's a bunch of talented Juniors and some Seniors who will show major improvement this fall. There's plenty of talent on the team and it's finally been coached up and bodies have changed quite a bit in a real S&C program. Anything less than 7 wins is a disappointment. Missing a bowl would be catastrophic for the program and Pruitt's future in Knoxville.

Folks can sit here and say, "oh bs, we're not good enough yet. 5-6 wins max." But the reality is that's not good enough and many of those same people acting like 5 or 6 is to be expected this fall will be the same ones calling for Pruitt's head if that happens.

I refuse to believe this team and these coaches can't win 7 games on that schedule.
Injuries injuries injuries injuries 🤦‍♂️ Come on Ron..that kind of absolutism is stupid considering the lack of depth, and our propensity for devastating injuries. I will agree that...IF..we have no more significant injuries then we should win 7.

Completely agree with all of this. I think we are a much improved team this season and our schedule sets up nicely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back