Recruiting Forum Football Talk [RIP 9.3.2019]

Status
Not open for further replies.
This isn’t the 90s anymore. We’re currently on a 3 game losing streak to Vanderbilt. This program is going to have to be built from the ground up. Year 3 will be when we can tell if Pruitt has a chance to fix this thing. Ala Barnes and the b-ball team
different coach....different mindset...I believe CJP is a winner and the staff is full of winners. Speak that ish into existence.

Funny you said that. A guy I saw go sprawling in the middle of Union last week was, swear to God, apparently texting when he fell. I saw him coming down the street and looking at his phone and immediately thought 'that is an accident waiting to happen', and then he went flying.
That's awesome.....did you go taunt him afterwards?

Seriously though....any spots you recommend? We wont have kids and I kinduv want to soft core party.

WVU bear us soundly. Not sure how that translates into BYU being a cakewalk.
WVU was pretty physical on the defensive front. BYU is far from that unless they went through some hella offseason workouts. We lost our starting center at the start of that game and it was all downhill from there.

Reactions: SweetasSoda
So very, very sorry, and you just never know. My oldest grandson, 14 at the time, committed suicide this past December. No evidence of depression whatsoever. Just a wonderful young man. Always doing extracurricular stuff at his school. A member of the school chess club. A and B student all his life; had taken Brazilian Ju Jitsu and Muay Thai kickboxing since he was 6, and was a junior instructor at the school working with the young kids. Had a girlfriend, had a job at Publix for about 6 months prior. Was a gifted guitarist. And he did it on his 6 year old brother's birthday, so that will be his memory on his birthday for the rest of his life. I had been with him the night before and he seemed great, and then you get that call just changes your life forever. It makes me cry even now.

Again, so very sorry.
Oh my. I’m so sorry

Reactions: SweetasSoda
Been down so long, folks scared of expecting results.

@LA Vol you hear stuff from the program, do I need to temper my 7 win expectations? Be blunt with me.
giphy.gif

Yeah, WVU was a top 10 team and Grier was getting heisman talk. That ain’t happening with BYU. I think we have to royally screw up to lose that game
I thought wvu was overrated last year, as did fans I know that have little inside access. We were wrong obviously. So wish we had them this year, they’ll be lucky to win 4 games.
We’ll find out what BYU has come Saturday when they face Utah.

Just called and chewed azz at channel 5 news about their irresponsibility running that piece with a young man who hasn’t been given his day and how it’s an important issue but unfair to him when he hasn’t even had his day in court yet. Asked them to consider Norton at Georgia who could’ve killed someone while driving drunk. They were irresponsible and unfair to do it the way they did.

Just called and chewed azz at channel 5 news about their irresponsibility running that piece with a young man who hasn’t been given his day and how it’s an important issue but unfair to him when he hasn’t even had his day in court yet. Asked them to consider Norton at Georgia who could’ve killed someone while driving drunk. They were irresponsible and unfair to do it the way they did.

Good.

🎖👏👏👏

That's awesome.....did you go taunt him afterwards?

Seriously though....any spots you recommend? We wont have kids and I kinduv want to soft core party.

There are plenty of great places but I am probably not the best person to ask. I rarely ever go downtown in the evenings anymore. Lots of good eateries downtown, but a lot of the ones I eat at for lunch are uptown on the hill away from Broadway/2nd Ave. and the regular hotspots, and I don't even know if the places I eat at even are open in the evenings since they cater mainly to the day workers. But should be plenty of people on here that can point places out to you.

WVU last year before our game was in a whole 'nother area code than BYU is this year. I dont think we blow them away, but we should win that game on physicality alone. Also they will be coming off having their ass handed to them by Utah the week prior.

Yup. As to Utah, I hope so. 5 point spread says it will be closer, but hoping for a whooping by the Utes.

I promise you I would. We’ve tried everything. Might as well let this guy have a longer leash. It’s the only thing we haven’t tried.

The only thing that would give me pause would be if there were a huge problem with off-field issues or if the staff started to jump ship and leave him.
I hope we never find out.

Reactions: Bassmaster_Vol
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back