Recruiting Forum Football Talk [RIP 9.3.2019]

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he hires Lebby you have to wonder if we’ve been turned down multiple times. Would be sad
I don't think someone comes to interview US... I think they come to interview because they are interested in the job... the only way they turn US down is we offer some lame-ass package...

Might upset some people but I'll throw it out there. Done a little research yesterday evening and mulled it over for a little bit. Here we go..

Tennessee's winning percentage by decade dating back to the 60's :

60's : 63%
70's : 61%
80's : 65%
90's : 83%
2000's : 67%

My conclusion : the 90's were simply and outlier for the Tennessee program. We are not a program that can be on that level over the long haul IMO. We experienced that success in the 90's when just about everyone in the SEC was lackluster outside of Florida. Since the 60's, there has never been a four or five year window in which we were the clear cut best program in the league. Never. It's incredibly difficult to win at a high level at Tennessee. Far easier to do it at programs like UGA, Bama, UF, and LSU. This is strictly my opinion, and folks can flame away if they please.
Must suck to be you

Might upset some people but I'll throw it out there. Done a little research yesterday evening and mulled it over for a little bit. Here we go..

My conclusion : the 90's were simply and outlier for the Tennessee program. We are not a program that can be on that level over the long haul IMO. We experienced that success in the 90's when just about everyone in the SEC was lackluster outside of Florida. Since the 60's, there has never been a four or five year window in which we were the clear cut best program in the league. Never. It's incredibly difficult to win at a high level at Tennessee. Far easier to do it at programs like UGA, Bama, UF, and LSU. This is strictly my opinion, and folks can flame away if they please.
“Please pay attention to me”

That doesn’t mean anything today though. This program can be highly successful, and should be. Plus, we are still in the tops for all time wins

I was never on the gruden train once for one second. I said he was at our practices which he was multiple times.

Hey, I know guys who were trying to make it happen. I remember the night you posted this about him being there. I am not saying he was or wasn’t but you posted it. Was just curious how you would answer this. Don’t care what others think about you but I expected you to answer it the way you do. Sure others remember it as well.

Reactions: 5FingerVolPunch
Hey, I know guys who were trying to make it happen. I remember the night you posted this about him being there. I am not saying he was or wasn’t but you posted it. Was just curious how you would answer this. Don’t care what others think about you but I expected you to answer it the way you do. Sure others remember it as well.
I never bought into us hiring gruden ever. The only things i said about gruden like that we’re that he bought a house off Lyons view and that when he was at practice

So Tater makes the dumbest post of VN history and instead you decide that no one will out shenenagin you... hm.

No. And the fact that an OC search didn't get done within your acceptable time frame doesn't constitute poor management.

View attachment 181582
Alabama is spending $68 millions of their revenue. They are easily the biggest spender in football based on this report. We were at $48 million and in the upper echelon of spending too. Doesn’t seem to fit the narrative that we aren’t dedicated to becoming successful by pinching pennies.

Reactions: Brillovol
I'm sorry, but as negative and frustrated as I've been the past few years and with this search, it absolutely is not, and won't be Lebby... if by some chance in hell it is, I will seriously start to question whether or not we have hired another coach that his in over his head and will be gone in 2-3. We will certainly not recover from another debacle hire and will stay at the bottom for years and years. I just can't see us going from even Helton to Lebby.

Strong disagree.

As long as we’re top 15 in revenue and pulling in top 15 classes we’ll be a top 15 program.

Reactions: SugarCC and tbwhhs
“Please pay attention to me”
Folks can get pissed all they want, but I think the evidence suggests that at best we're about the 5th best program in this league. We were a top 5 program in the 90's, and I'm proud of it, but you'd have to admit that that had something to do with the league being very weak back then. Florida was really our only competition, and they dominated us.

Reactions: Catbone
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back