Recruiting Forum Football Talk [RIP 9.3.2019]

Status
Not open for further replies.
We aren’t going to win many games trying to copy Bama and UGA schemes with our current roster, we just aren’t. We need to be innovative, and win some games we aren’t supposed to next fall to get recruiting rolling. What are we selling kids right now? We are trying to be a poor mans Bama?
If power football is the endgame, we're losing ground as we speak. Just look at the recruiting boards. We are not going to catch up to the top of the conference with a power running game. There's just not enough elite linemen available.

giphy.gif

6sSOM.jpg

I really don’t understand, based on the evidence from his time at Arkansas, why everyone is so excited about this hire. Maybe he would be great but I’m not sure he would. Is it because he’s coaching Tua?

Offense isn’t why Bielema and Enos aren’t at Arkansas anymore, recruiting is what did them in. Enos actually did alright for what he had considering that most of the opponents they faced averaged prorbably as much as 20 spots higher than them on every recruiting metric.

Last edited:
If power football is the endgame, we're losing ground as we speak. Just look at the recruiting boards. We are not going to catch up to the top of the conference with a power running game. There's just not enough elite linemen available.
We are trying to play their game with less talent. Common sense tells me that’s not ever going to work. We need to be creative on O, and score as much as possible. At minimum, a Briles hire will push us over the likes of UK, Vandy, USC, and probably Mizzou. We should be able to score more on those types of teams, and hold them on defense with our current talent. 20 points a game is asking for 5-7 on a yearly basis. JMO

If I’m starting a team from scratch (based on this year) I’m picking Kyler Murray EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. Whether that means he’s a Hesiman winner I don’t know.

Having said that. The snap count between the three is remarkable. Tua has done what he has done in like 200 less snaps when compared to Murray, 400 less than Haskins.

I am meh on Enos. Had a great 1st year as Arky OC, with Brandon Allen. #3 in SEC total Off. Then down to #8 in 2016, without Brandon Allen. We all know what happened in 2017.

I understand that that year they had a ton of injuries that led to the drop. I know they lost the RB. Believe QB was in and out

Reactions: SugarCC
He had an injured ankle, and by the 4th quarter, had two injured ankles, when he finally left the game. He had 2 interceptions in that game, which doubled his total for the year to 4, against 37 touchdowns. As someone mentioned in the middle of the night, that was against 8 top 25 defenses.

Personally, I still think it is a political award, and many voters are persuaded to vote against the SEC. So, just like with Peyton, they are framing it any way they can, in order to get the desired result. Obviously, Hurts is a very capable college QB. So, certainly Bama might have still won all their games. I just think with Tua, it was usually over well before halftime against some pretty good teams. He should not be penalized for being so good.

Absolutely agree. Tua is real deal and is equally deserving. But in my unbiased opinion, Murray is more valuable to his team than Tua. That’s all. Tua won the Maxwell which is the best QB and he is head and shoulders above Murray as a pure QB. But if we’re basing this strictly on value, Murray is my pick. When our D is ranked 50+ spots higher than OU yet they are in the CFP, there had to be a superior player take over games. I get that the Big12 defenses are hot butter but that’s even more pressure because you have to keep scoring. Bama could build a 14-17 point lead and then their D could take over. Wasn’t happening at OU.

Reactions: i2amavol
Anyone else think Briles could get us to 8 or 9 wins next fall? That’s recruiting momentum boys. Enos is a 6-6 hire imo. Same crap everyone else is doing with much less talent. Enos would probably get us to 24 points a game, and that’s not gonna get it done. Briles would get us in that 30 point category instantly, which could be the difference in a couple games next fall while we build.

We are trying to play their game with less talent. Common sense tells me that’s not ever going to work. We need to be creative on O, and score as much as possible. At minimum, a Briles hire will push us over the likes of UK, Vandy, USC, and probably Mizzou. We should be able to score more on those types of teams, and hold them on defense with our current talent. 20 points a game is asking for 5-7 on a yearly basis. JMO
this post should be a popup everyone has to read when coming to the forum

Reactions: millst987
Uh oh

“Another suitor has clearly emerged for OC Kendal Briles. Briles interviewed with Tennessee in the last 24 hours. He will interview with Florida State in the next 48-72 hours. One of the intrigues for Briles with FSU is the possible opportunity to bring a staff member or members with him.” -hubbs

Uh oh

“Another suitor has clearly emerged for OC Kendal Briles. Briles interviewed with Tennessee in the last 24 hours. He will interview with Florida State in the next 48-72 hours. One of the intrigues for Briles with FSU is the possible opportunity to bring a staff member or members with him.” -hubbs
I thought we were getting rid of Weinke.

Uh oh

We are going to Tennessee this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back