Recruiting Forum Football Talk [RIP 9.3.2019]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn straight...I tried to do that research and find the silver lining with Michigan 2007. That App St team would beat GA State by three touchdowns.

And UT wasn't a top 5 team heading into the game either.

I don't know that its a silver lining but given your idea, Michigan shouldn't have won 9 games and beat 2 rank teams after losing to Appy St.

I hope the players and coaches are able to flip a switch and all of sudden play like they should play and call a game like competent professionals they are supposed to be. I just don't believe that is the likely end result. There appears to be a multitude of issues in addition to player motivation and focus. An incredible amount of mess to be cleaned up in 7 days. Good luck to them in doing so. A bad win is better than any loss.

I think we'll be okay if AtlantaVol, LAVol, and Fulmer and co. put Pruitt in check. The hints that I'm getting is that's exactly what they're going to do so most of the issues raised by everyone that has commented in the aftermath of the game, the issues that are most easily fixable, I expect they'll be fixed by Saturday. I think we'll win. jmo.

Reactions: volsfan_17
I think we'll be okay if AtlantaVol, LAVol, and Fulmer and co. put Pruitt in check. The hints that I'm getting is that's exactly what they're going to do so most of the issues raised by everyone that has commented in the aftermath of the game, the issues that are most easily fixable, I expect they'll be fixed by Saturday. I think we'll win. jmo.

Deer lowered we are screwed if VN posters are having to tell Pruitt how to do his job

he's certainly not wrong there.

this thing is going to boild down to what kind of improvement you can see up front on both sides of the ball. i think the O line showed some signs of life Saturday. but the DL and front 7 were less than..........................

and putting aside all the rah rah stuff being talked about right now...........they simply have to get better on the LOS on both of sides of the ball or not a whole lot is going to change.

the only difference in what happened Saturday vs. what we saw in games against App St, UTEP and UNCC is that this time, the other team actually won the game.

but it's the same issues.......you just don't get the benefit of having a W to learn from this time.

anyway. i'm all for the rah rah. player meetings...great. JJ is gonna lead.....awesome. hope fans cheer them on.....yep, certainly do.

but my biggest hope going forward is that anyting resembling a competant SEC football team in the trenches shows up...........quickly.

He spoke with Norvell. Not sure why that didn’t go anywhere but was way better than the SEC DC gang of 3.

Because some are obsessed with getting SEC guys because they "understand SEC football" because that is apparently rocket science that can only be comprehended by a select few. We can't break the mold. Gotta run ball, punt, play defense to win still...

Just like every week we will have ourselves convinced by Friday this team will win the SEC east. You can write a script to this stuff. And almost every week we find out we still can't block, still can't get pressure, the QB still holds on to the ball too long, and the play calling is still conservative.

If there is one thing I have learned the last 10 years its talk is cheap.

It's cheap from players

It's cheap from coaches

It's cheap from the press.

Go out and ****ing shows us. Prove me the hell wrong.

Please.

We just aren’t good at the OL/DL. They pushed us around. Yes, part of that is effort. I’m not sure that we have 10 guys to play with effort at those positions. If we do, we should play them. But we also just aren’t good there so even if they give their all I’m not sure they could be good there.

But at least fight and give your all and let the chips fall man. At least give us that
What is so discouraging to me is this was a 6 or 7 win team on talent alone. We all figured the top end of that spectrum would happen because the team would be more cohesive and give more consistent energy than last season. When in reality we got the exact opposite.

The margin for error is so small for a team like this - and we got beat down on the margins.

Reactions: Bassmaster_Vol
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back