Recruiting Forum Football Talk [RIP 9.3.2019]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not saying this as an excuse but felt it was pertinent to say.

This last recruiting class was essentially the first one for Pruitt. The senior and juniors on this team are Butch’s. The 2019 class you can’t really count that as most of the recruiting was done beforehand, and they had like 2 months to scramble and try to save the class. I’m pretty certain Pruitt wouldn’t have taken some of those players.

All that to say, we had hope that things would improve in the offseason, but most of the team are the same players that quit last year. You can be the best coaches in the game, if they don’t respond there is nothing you can do.

I think Pruitt was/is trying the nice approach, because the mean aggressive approach caused the team to quit last year. At this point he may not know what to do.

I agree. No way they learn how to do crap in one week. BYU about to curb stomp us by 14+.
We just aren’t good at the OL/DL. They pushed us around. Yes, part of that is effort. I’m not sure that we have 10 guys to play with effort at those positions. If we do, we should play them. But we also just aren’t good there so even if they give their all I’m not sure they could be good there.

But at least fight and give your all and let the chips fall man. At least give us that

I don’t see how they turn it around in a week either. Just too much garbage play on the field to correct.

And what has happened to Pruitt? Where is his fire we saw year 1? He’s either on Xanax or has given up already.
I thought he would be red faced and get bleeped . It was more like Mr Rogers.

Until you are talking about this team. Then it sure does.
Damn straight...I tried to do that research and find the silver lining with Michigan 2007. That App St team would beat GA State by three touchdowns.

Admittedly I turned the volume off during game because I couldn't listen to the announcers but I thought I saw Bennett making some hustle plays. By that time I wasn't totally watching, did I imagine that?
Agree. I remember seeing Bennett run down some plays down the line in the backfield.

I haven't seen a heel turn like Ron's since Hulk Hogan leg dropped The Macho Man at Bash At The Beach 96 and joined The NWO.
Win the next 3 games and all is forgiven. I’ll go back to pumping sunshine...14-1.

But come out looking like zombies again this weekend and get blown out...Pruitt is a dead man walking and we’re back to square one.

It’s not hate. They are facts. You are a Redshirt Junior QB and still playing like a Freshman QB. Something has got to give.
I just remember him pouting because Dormady wasn't getting it done. I feel he should be gracious,step aside and let someone else have a crack at it.

Reactions: cHiZzLeVOL
Lol, Ron is done y’all. Broken. He wasn’t this bad after the intern’s 4-8 season

VN reaction when the Vols finally break Ron's optimism...

tenor.png

Not sure what to make of this.
It tells me there are some players that care. That’s what I care about. It matters to some of them.

Now, the coaches better get their act together and stop this subbing every snap and get these guys in position to win

This last recruiting class was essentially the first one. The senior and juniors on this team are Butch’s. The 2019 class you can’t really count that as most of the recruiting was done beforehand, and they had like 2 months to scramble and try to save the class. I’m pretty certain Pruitt wouldn’t have taken some of those players.

All that to say, we had hope that things would improve in the offseason, but most of the team are the same players that quit last year. You can be the best coaches in the game, if they don’t respond there is nothing you can do.

I think Pruitt was/is trying the nice approach, because the mean aggressive approach caused the team to quit last year. At this point he may not know what to do.

No other choice than hell and brimstone, I tell the kids who don't deserve or want to be here, you got your scholarship until end of the academic year, don't come back, don't come to any football facility, and we'll have you moved into another dorm end of day today.

You have to get rid of any attitude that isn't where it needs to be, and you need to make a statement, which is:

SOS. It's time to hammer down and run this thing like a boot camp and weed out the ones who really don't want to be here for the right reasons. What would Saban do......you go a step further.

In terms of our record, the season, unless we can hire the big time name at 15 million a year, which we won't and will not do, we have to get this right.

Reactions: LaagerVol
I hope the players and coaches are able to flip a switch and all of sudden play like they should play and call a game like competent professionals they are supposed to be. I just don't believe that is the likely end result. There appears to be a multitude of issues in addition to player motivation and focus. An incredible amount of mess to be cleaned up in 7 days. Good luck to them in doing so. A bad win is better than any loss.

Damn straight...I tried to do that research and find the silver lining with Michigan 2007. That App St team would beat GA State by three touchdowns.

I saw that Appy State team play live that year at The Citadel. If I remember correctly, The Citadel played a spread, too. They scored 31 on Wisconsin that year.

This last recruiting class was essentially the first one for Pruitt. The senior and juniors on this team are Butch’s. The 2019 class you can’t really count that as most of the recruiting was done beforehand, and they had like 2 months to scramble and try to save the class. I’m pretty certain Pruitt wouldn’t have taken some of those players.

Been struggling with this thought, too. I can see how this would be the case.

It’s interesting that Jj was made available to the media. Maybe it’s a sign he is becoming a leader. He almost never has been made available for the media before now
Probably afraid he would whip a media member’s ass if he’s asked a stupid question.

Reactions: cHiZzLeVOL
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back