Recruiting Forum Football Talk [RIP 9.3.2019]

Status
Not open for further replies.
JG already picking pre-snap where he is throwing to and throwing into double coverage anyway because reasons. Bad decision by the QB just like Callaway was wide open on the first play of the game but instead threw a laser to Ty's knees ending in a turnover. The offense can do it. A lot of decision making needs to be fixed, though.

Heck look at the goal line throw to Gray that was knocked down. The guy jumped directly in front of him. Instead of side stepping around the guy and throwing it to Gray he just stands right in front of him and tries to throw it through him? Like wtf. One side step and throw and that’s a touchdown. Heck he could of probably even of ran it for a TD there.

Is it being rebuilt?

I’d have to look but our recruiting average over this three class period can’t be better than any three year period Butch or Dooley had.
the recruuiting averages don't mean squat. i think we've proven that umpteen million times over the past 10 years or so.

Also, I don’t know why anyone is upset about Banks playing LB. He played extremely well outside of one play where he got sucked in thinking run and they threw it to the outside. However, there was also a Safety and a Corner over there and they didn’t get there either. I thought Banks was a bright spot at LB, very physical.
He’s way Better than ignont and Reid

Reactions: cHiZzLeVOL
Just listened to the pod cast.
How on earth did the players that got the reps get them, and vice versa?!
I had no clue that some of those mentioned got so many reps, and some got little to no reps? That blows my mind!
yeah, that was a bit eye opening to me as well.

Reactions: Z06VolinWV
You have to pick a starting lineup on both sides of the ball, there just isn't anyway around it. Pruitt is gonna have to learn how to be HC and not just a DC. He's got to learn to tell a kid he's not good enough right now. Can't keep being their buddy, that isn't going to work. Put your best 22 out there and rotate as needed.

I don’t think that is his problem, he’s playing his guys where he can.

Apparently lots of the older players who came in during the previous staff do not trust him and they’re the ones laying down behind the scenes.

Still need another year to cleanse the roster from these guys who are just “happy to be on the team”.

lol.

me and mine did shift work. i was working, she wasn't. so i'd get home around 6 or so, and i'd send her to bed, then around midnight or 1 she'd get up and i'd go to bed. rinse and repeat for about a year and you're good to go.

that and i washed all the bottles nightly and always had a fresh pitcher of formula in the fridge.

moms still have it way worse. wait until you have 2!!!!! that's when the fun begins.

We aren't even married yet and the fiancee is already talking about how the USA needs to give women 1 year off after birthing a child. lol

I really don't see how you got that from what I posted, but I'm sorry if I gave that impression. NOBODY is at all tolerant or accepting about what happened Saturday. N-O-B-O-D-Y. It should never have happened and it should never happen again. It was inexcusable. But people at UT are trying their damnest to fix what can be fixed and salvage something-- anything-- to pull this program out of the landfill before it's shoveled too far under.

I haven't heard one person say one word about coddling anybody. A lot of very concerned people with very busy lives have given up their holidays these past few days to try and help-- former players, boosters, donors, trustees, UT admin. They're looking forward and not back-- and really, what other path is there?

So yes, while I like you, too, Chatt, and have always enjoyed your posts, I'm 100% with them. I agree with Fulmer that the only way forward is to all row in the same direction, so you can count me right there in the boat. Literally. We'll all be there Saturday-- three generations, all wearing orange, and we'll be cheering, not booing, a team that gutpunched us and needs to get a lot better fast. Recruits will be there, too, and they'll be watching. Just like they have been all week.
Hey, if you see Murphy will you do me a favor and punch him in the nads. TIA.

Trashed them with top 30 classes? Last year's was ranked 69 for the current staff...

Most of the talent on that team that was hanging with ND in the 1st half came from Petrino's tenure, he just lost them or something. Won at least 8 games in his first 4 years back and then the 2-8 season after Lamar Jackson left early. A single off-season doesn't "suddenly" restock a team, especially with the 25 player limit. Current staff found the "switch" it appears to reignite/motivate the players at least, credit there.

They played well for 20 - 25 minutes based on good coaching and emotion. They did recruit to needs this past year, but new staff did not restock. Petrino left them paper thin. 4 wins for them would be huge - anymore will be a miracle.
Petrino trashed the program based on how he recruited positionally. Heavy on skill players, but interior lines very lacking. Just because you are ranked 30 does not mean you have a good balanced class overall.

You better get ready. Don't worry, they come with instructions

The instructions for my first were in Cantonese or some other symbol based language. We had to wing it. She's still alive....

source.gif

Sure, but that’s what we tell ourselves when the recruiting averages don’t favor us.
i think a lot of the match ups we've been in they have favored us or at least put us "on par" with most of the compeittion we play against.

i just don't think they matter at all...for several reasons. and the re hashing of them is just boring and lazy frankly.

not directed at you, or anyone in particular.

Reactions: Kingston Vol
lol.

me and mine did shift work. i was working, she wasn't. so i'd get home around 6 or so, and i'd send her to bed, then around midnight or 1 she'd get up and i'd go to bed. rinse and repeat for about a year and you're good to go.

that and i washed all the bottles nightly and always had a fresh pitcher of formula in the fridge.

moms still have it way worse. wait until you have 2!!!!! that's when the fun begins.

My wife wanted to breast feed our first but she could never latch on. We finally resorted to me feeding warmed up breast milk from a bottle while my wife pumped. We had quite a a surplus after a while. Needless to say, we were both tired as **** most days.

Reactions: jakez4ut
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back