Recruiting Forum Football Talk [RIP 9.3.2019]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been harrassed multiple times, twice by Knoxville Police. I also now work closely with police officers. So, I have seen both sides. I have the utmost respect for the job that police officers do. I also know the bad side. So, to me, both sides of the argument have their place.

I will say this: you will have a hard time convincing me that adult white guys get a whole lot less profiling and prejudice than everyone else, especially when it comes to the police and the judicial system. That is based on my life experiences.
I think it is more like class profiling, they treat the low class that live in trailer parks about like they do the inner city projects imo.

Only sport in the world where there is no question on who the winner is. No ref interference. No weird rule that puts time back on the clock. Mono y mono. Best man wins

Lord do I hate rasslin!! People live, eat, and **** rasslin up here, it’s all they care about.

Lord do I hate rasslin!! People live, eat, and **** rasslin up here, it’s all they care about.
Rastled up there once. Surprised my self and got 5th place. Teams from Pennsylvania, WV, NY, Ohio, ect. were there. Needless to say they blew Tennessee rastlin out of the water

I understand that importance of lumber, you nitwit. I was asking how morally, they are the same.
Because he wants them to be thecsame. A cop gets shot while protecting and serving you and I..No big deal..It's his job...🤔

That has to go down as one of the dumbest takes I have ever seen on VN. I don't want to talk about it anymore, it is pissing me off...

Welp..thanks to this cool little VN feature I don't have to see that garbage anymore..

Reactions: i2amavol
Plenty of folks do heroic things as part of their jobs. I mean, I get that nurses and teachers are important but no more so than a truck driver who does their job safely. It should be the expectation that folks try hard to do their jobs, whatever it is that they've signed up for. I do believe that there are extraordinary things where folks go above the call of duty and those folks should be recognized.

There are also folks who make the ultimate sacrifice while doing their job. I, for one, think the logger who loses his life is just as notable as the first responder who loses their life except that its 21 times more likely.
People’s lives matter...yeah. To not take note when they risk (or lose) their own? THOSE lives should be recognized. Because that’s “above and beyond”. Police officers and firefighters rushing TOWARDS danger to save lives doesn’t belong in the goofy scenario of a logger risking his OWN for money.

Rastled up there once. Surprised my self and got 5th place. Teams from Pennsylvania, WV, NY, Ohio, ect. were there. Needless to say they blew Tennessee rastlin out of the water

There are some studs that come out of here. Parkersburg South, the hs here, just won state again for the umpeenth time and has several kids with full rides to college. One kid, is nationally ranked in like the top 5 or something?!

Farmers are 4.5 times more likely to die while at work than first responders. I don't see any of you folks wiping away a tear when you eat your ribeye.
I think Ulysses hit it on the head about dealing with you. Make sure not to neglect food court workers and those oil vats.

I think Ulysses hit it on the head about dealing with you. Make sure not to neglect food court workers and those oil vats.

It's not noteworthy for folks to do the job they signed up for. Plenty of folks are putting themselves at risk for the greater good so you and I don't have to. It is noteworthy when folks abuse the authority they have. Just like it was when the food court worker pissed in your Cheerios this morning.

I get that this conflicts with your narrow-minded world view so I'll drop it.

Reactions: titansvolsfaninga
There are some studs that come out of here. Parkersburg South, the hs here, just won state again for the umpeenth time and has several kids with full rides to college. One kid, is nationally ranked in like the top 5 or something?!
What else are athletes going to do when they can't be outdoors 8 months of the year?

Reactions: Z06VolinWV
Reactions: SweetasSoda
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back