Recruiting Forum Football Talk [RIP 9.3.2019]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't understand why he didn't go for the layup and tie the game. That was a sure shot. NMSt played about as stupid as Auburn did.

Only thing I can think of his he knew he had 2 bigger defenders trailing and saw the wide open 3 attempt. Small chance he gets blocked on the layup, who knows.

Also Vermont has been living on the 3, but I think they're fading at this point. FSU keeps forcing them to defend the drive and is starting to stretch it out.

Thing is when you play a 3 pt team like Vermont, who lacks size and speed the best way to neutralize them on the offensive side is to run 'em on the defensive end.

Try to drive often, force them to defend everyone for the full 30 and then they're legs will fade and they won't keep up hitting 3s.

Reactions: SmokinBob
wow NMSt blew that one three times...kicking out for the 3, missing 2 outta 3 FTs and then a terrible inbound.
What are you talking about.... with 1.1 seconds they got a WIDE OPEN shot. How can you criticize that? Now I agree the kids should have taken the layup. Can only assume it was already discussed that they wanted to go for the won.

A few years ago a couple guys at work — one 30-something and the other 50ish — were jokingly arguing over who was fastest. Ultimately they ended up taking it to the parking lot and the resulting video (including slo-mo) still makes the rounds from time to time. It was hilarious.

Fwiw, the older guy actually looked like he would maybe take the other one till he pulled up gimpy and tailed off.

My brother and i played in an extended family tag football game couple years back. Result? He pulled a hammy and my back went out.

it's just genetics, guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back