Recruiting Forum Football Talk [RIP 9.3.2019]

Status
Not open for further replies.
UPDATE: According to local Florida news station WPLG 10, there has been more information revealed about George’s arrest.
According to the police report obtained by WPLG, police claim George was cursing at one of the officers and ignoring his commands, which led to the initial incident. The officer attempted to get George out of the middle of the street he was in, and George punched him and knocked the police radio out of the officer’s hands. George then ran away from the scene.
Other officers caught up with George and apprehended him near Espanola Way and Washington Avenue.
The report also claims that George said “He (the officer) hit me first. Why can’t I hit him back?” once he was in custody.
There still has been no official word from UT other than the statement from UT SID Zach Stipe.
RTI

Down by 1, with an inbound under the basket would try to get a shot at the rim to potentially draw a foul.

A running 3 from the corner even when wide open wouldn't be a shot I'd want honestly. Queen is a 33% 3 shooter and had taken less than 75 all season. And a big chunk came in their conference tournament.

You don't have to agree with me on the inbound. It's okay to disagree.
Of course you want to score in the paint. The initial action was run for a lob to the front of the rim. Understandably the defense packed the paint. They took what the defense have them on the counter action to the lob. Any time you get an open look with 1.1 you will take it. Nothing wrong with a little disagree-ance...lol

I'm by no means a great or good athlete, even at my small HS. But I'm capable of playing a few sports, played football, basketball, baseball, and even soccer.

People forget that college athletes, especially D1 guys are already the elite of the elite. The amount of HS athletes that then get D1 scholarships is a drastically HUGE drop, larger than D1 to NFL or NBA even, by sheer numbers. Worked for Tennessee Tech's basketball program the year that Derek Stribling was sitting out after transferring from UT. He was a top 100 player in 2001 per RSCI ranking, and he wasn't the best player on the team any of the three years he was there. One guy from that team played in the NBA even.

I was in better shape then and played in the cage a lot and there was a dude that was pretty good, he would tell other players the coaches kept hounding him to walk-on. This was like August/September so still off-season. He was probably 6'2" or so, quick and had a good shot. Aside from him lying about the coaches asking him to walk on he was a solid baller. He didn't know I worked for the team, so I finally convince him to come up to the new workout facility they had built up by the basketball arena. (where the team played during off-season when they weren't allowed in the arena) So we go up there for a pick-up game. He made one jumper the entire time I was up there, he got left open and hit it then started talking...

I don't think he ever got a shot to the rim after that, the players shut him down like no other. And then he left after getting dunked on by the "old man" of the team (Rusty Strange 6'9" white dude from Knoxville).

It's a different breed, I respect all those athletes like no other. If you're on scholarship at the D1 level you're already elite.
Back in mid 80s I used to play pickup ball with Dyron Nix, Travis Henry(no not the Cheese, the white boy BB player)and Ron Hausley..a couple of times Roth showed up. I could play with them. My Texas HS had twins that went to Texas Tech on schollie, and I think playing pickup ball with those guys in the summer helped me to be a better player. That and baseball is the only sport I was really good at, but my parents would not let me play organized sports. I think I could have gotten a BB schollie to at least a small school.

Dumb take. If you’re HEROIC whilst performing your job? No notes on all those drones during 9-11?

Plenty of folks do heroic things as part of their jobs. I mean, I get that nurses and teachers are important but no more so than a truck driver who does their job safely. It should be the expectation that folks try hard to do their jobs, whatever it is that they've signed up for. I do believe that there are extraordinary things where folks go above the call of duty and those folks should be recognized.

There are also folks who make the ultimate sacrifice while doing their job. I, for one, think the logger who loses his life is just as notable as the first responder who loses their life except that its 21 times more likely.

Plenty of folks do heroic things as part of their jobs. I mean, I get that nurses and teachers are important but no more so than a truck driver who does their job safely. It should be the expectation that folks try hard to do their jobs, whatever it is that they've signed up for. I do believe that there are extraordinary things where folks go above the call of duty and those folks should be recognized.

There are also folks who make the ultimate sacrifice while doing their job. I, for one, think the logger who loses his life is just as notable as the first responder who loses their life except that its 21 times more likely.
How is losing your life likely trying to help another person as a first responder just as noteworthy as a logger losing his?

Reactions: volfanCLT
So do criminals..There is police abuse, that is a fact, it is also a freakin scary job..that is also a fact.

When I was a criminal..cops harassed me all the time, since I straightened up and became respectful of the law..it is a miracle how much better cops treat me..

I used to have run ins with them on a regular basis, but I have not had one incident in the last 20 years...amazing.

I have been harrassed multiple times, twice by Knoxville Police. I also now work closely with police officers. So, I have seen both sides. I have the utmost respect for the job that police officers do. I also know the bad side. So, to me, both sides of the argument have their place.

I will say this: you will have a hard time convincing me that adult white guys get a whole lot less profiling and prejudice than everyone else, especially when it comes to the police and the judicial system. That is based on my life experiences.

I kinda get his point if the cop really did hit him but you can't punch an LEO even if they hit you and are being abusive to you. It will only land you in far more trouble and most juries won't believe you. I don't know what the solution to that is... perhaps more bodycams are needed to cut down on the behavior of those police who are bad actors. That would also help good cops clear their name if they were ever accused of anything.

Farmers are 4.5 times more likely to die while at work than first responders. I don't see any of you folks wiping away a tear when you eat your ribeye.

Well, pull ol' Clem out from under that baler and slap a Congressional Medal of Honor on his mangled ass, cuz my okra was damn good today.

I think I am going to lose a sweet 16 team tonight. Villanova looks to have no energy. I hope i’m Wrong. If they get there (and if we get there), I think we would beat them fairly easily.

I want to make something abundantly clear. I may have made some comments that came across as being sympathetic to Kenny’s case and I may have made some comments making light of the situation. I do not want to give any one the wrong impression. If you can’t do the time don’t do the crime. Period.

When I was a young kid I remember my Dad telling me this story about something that happened long before I was born. This guy, a spiritual guru or something stops by a church one day and there was a sort of holiday festival going on. Now that I think about It, it could have been bit like a spring break crowd. Anyway, people are playing church bingo or something and this guy marches right in and starts turning over all the tables, throwing everything this way and that. Very disorderly. Eventually they catch up to him, throw the book at him with all sorts of charges then beat the every loving you know what out of him and then kill him. I don’t even think he was black. Dad never said. The point is don’t do the crime if you can’t pay the fine. Words to live by.

1553214284956.gif

Reactions: SmokinBob
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back