Recruiting Forum Football Talk LIV

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's been my point all along. Grant has been forced to play the five. A 6-5 that's rough. Same with admiral. The difference is two fold, skill set and physique. Both admiral and grant have the physique to body up to bigger post defenders. Kyle doesn't. That's why I'd like to see a bigger, stronger 5. Right now, grant goes against the opponents best post defender, usually giving up several inches. If you had a more dominate, true 5, then that would make life much easier for grant.

Semantics. Grant has been forced to be a low post presence on offense. That doesn't make KA "not a 5" on our team. I have coached basketball at the HS level for 15 years. There is literally no other position you would refer to KA as except a 5. He is certainly not a 3 or a 4. Your argument is valid if it remains "our offense would be better with a 6'10 big bodied strong player with a good back to the basket game." Uhh, yeah of course. But when you bled that argument into saying that KA is not a 5 because he doesn't have a good back to the basket game you lose validity.

Wonder what position you would say Andre Drummond plays? Literally the only way he scores is transition dunks and off reb putback. No back to the basket game. He simply guards the other teams tallest/post player, gets like every reb, and blocks like 2 shots a game. Position?

This entire argument on semantics could have been over quick: what position do both KA and GW play...Post. Boom!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Skimmed a lot because of the basketball talk, did anyone link the story on Kirby stealing Bama's recruiting evaluations and using them to tell recruits how low they were on Bama's priority list?

I don't think so but it would be buried at this point. Haha

Look me up bro. I was a wisher. Would've loved to have the Grudester. I'll tell you this much.... Pruitt is gonna bring a big boy style of defense because that is who he is AND those guys get to go against our O-line every day so our O-line will learn how to be a big boy O-line... Something Butch Jones couldn't put together with his circle of b.s. drills. Gruden is dead to me now. I'm 100% behind Pruitt.

I hope you're right. Nothing will bring everyone back together like winning. I just haven't been able move on as quickly as some.

Semantics. Grant has been forced to be a low post presence on offense. That doesn't make KA "not a 5" on our team. I have coached basketball at the HS level for 15 years. There is literally no other position you would refer to KA as except a 5. He is certainly not a 3 or a 4. Your argument is valid if it remains "our offense would be better with a 6'10 big bodied strong player with a good back to the basket game." Uhh, yeah of course. But when you bled that argument into saying that KA is not a 5 because he doesn't have a good back to the basket game you lose validity.

Wonder what position you would say Andre Drummond plays? Literally the only way he scores is transition dunks and off reb putback. No back to the basket game. He simply guards the other teams tallest/post player, gets like every reb, and blocks like 2 shots a game. Position?

This entire argument on semantics could have been over quick: what position do both KA and GW play...Post. Boom!

And he's not a five either which was my point. It all started when I said we needed a true five and Bruin said we had one in Alexander. The other player you mentioned gets rebounds. Kyle's the third ranked rebounder on his team.

Finished my first full day of the steak & eggs diet trying to get a bit leaner. Scrambled eggs & 6 ounce sirloin for lunch. Scrambled eggs & 10 ounce sirloin for supper. So freaking good.

No clue why I haven't came across this earlier. So much simpler than regular keto & I feel full.

Finished my first full day of the steak & eggs diet trying to get a bit leaner. Scrambled eggs & 6 ounce sirloin for lunch. Scrambled eggs & 10 ounce sirloin for supper. So freaking good.

No clue why I haven't came across this earlier. So much simpler than regular keto & I feel full.

That’s very Ron Swanson of you. Not the recruiting forum one but the TV show one that likes meat and breakfast food and has an awesome mustache. Although the recruiting forum one may like those same things and have an awesome mustache too. Sorry been binging parks and recreation on Netflix.

And had we finalized with Gruden, your nutless aunt would have been asking for a Lawrence jersey.

Are you one of the many experts that said Gruden would never leave ESPN for a coaching job? There sure were a lot of those experts.

Posts like these only cement further in people's minds how delusional some of you became. Most of us over here prefer not to dwell on what might have been and focus on how our current staff is killing it on the recruiting trail.

Reactions: 2 people

My wife and I are thinking about going full carnivore. Nothing but meat. No fruits,veggies or nuts.

Vonn Bell was someone Butch and Dooley missed on. He made the big play at the end of the Saints game.

Hate to ask a football question with all the banter, but has anyone heard anything J Jennings? He's been posting a lot of Vol fb stuff on IG lately.

Reactions: 2 people

why the steak? honestly theres enough protein in three eggs or one steak for several days. you just end up ****ting the rest out.

And he's not a five either which was my point. It all started when I said we needed a true five and Bruin said we had one in Alexander. The other player you mentioned gets rebounds. Kyle's the third ranked rebounder on his team.

One word: Post. He is a Post.

And you are attributing how effective he is to determine his position. That is not how it works. Maybe you can look at it like this...5 is the position KA is "least bad" at. Does that make you feel better? Nobody claimed he is a really good "post" but that is absolutely his position.

Reactions: 1 person
So he doesnt have to score, he doesn't have to rebound, he's not even the in the top two on his own team, Grant is 1, admiral is 2. So your 5 is just blocks shots. Hmmm.

Also, you've fallen for the bruin misdirection, I never said he wasn't listed as the five. I said Grant takes on the five role on offense. Everything statistically backs that up. The reason is we dont have a true five on the roster, which is how this got started. I said we needed one, Bruin said we had one in Alexander. Alexander is not a five. He's not even close to a five. He checks little to no boxes on what a five should be. He's not a five and to argue otherwise is foolish. I've challenged bruin and anyone to go find me another SEC five that can't score in the low post and weighs in at 220#. Don't waste your time because they don't exist.

Can someone give the Elsa gif?

Hate to ask a football question with all the banter, but has anyone heard anything J Jennings? He's been posting a lot of Vol fb stuff on IG lately.

I haven't heard, but I am assuming that will be resolved when Pruitt gets back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back