Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dolphins fan here. Saw the news alert with the punishment and went and read it. At the end of the article after reading about the violations I was like, “Well, at least Stephen Ross was trying to win for once.” 😂

Brady and Sean Payton at the Dolphins? Yes please.

Really like the direction that Mike McDaniel is taking this team but I’d sell him for 10 cents and pack of gum for those 2.

Oh, and whoever is reading this: your team tampers too. Stephen Ross was just the stupid one that got caught.

I can't get over Squirrel running 23.6 mph. Nuts.

Look at the acceleration and top end on these guys... and imagine a faster player... in orange...

edit: you'll have to click the link below because the NFL is a scam
Are we in full pads though yet in practice? Tbh I’m not sure if that has a big effect or not. Also CP is an absolute freak of nature

Squirrel is going to make a ton of money in the NIL era at Tennessee.

I hope he hits a big play, whether it be a crazy juke, stiff arm, hurdle. Something iconic. Put that silhouette pose in white on an orange shirt, with the tagline "Nuts." underneath it. Hotcakes.

Crockett coonskin hats for kids but the coon tail is replaced with a squirrel tail.

I can't get over Squirrel running 23.6 mph. Nuts.

Look at the acceleration and top end on these guys... and imagine a faster player... in orange...

edit: you'll have to click the link below because the NFL is a scam

I’m trying not to get too excited about this. Dude is freakishly fast there is no doubt there, but the 23.6 number is without full pads. Tyreek and some of those other players listed in previous posts did that in full pads and in the middle of a game.

I definitely think his speed will translate to the game but I’m gonna hold in my urge to claim he’s the fast football player alive. At least for now 😬

Man we have had some very prolific offenses the past many years accompanied by low grade D. And vice versa, aka Ainge era when our D was unreal and the O looked like a JV squad.
Time to step up D and at least be serviceable. Give up yards but be ball hawks, red zone proficient or something. Dont have to be dominant.

I’m trying not to get too excited about this. Dude is freakishly fast there is no doubt there, but the 23.6 number is without full pads. Tyreek and some of those other players listed in previous posts did that in full pads and in the middle of a game.

I definitely think his speed will translate to the game but I’m gonna hold in my urge to claim he’s the fast football player alive. At least for now 😬
So imagine the fastest human you have ever viewed with your own eyes. But now there is someone running 2-3 steps ahead of them, and his name is Squirrel.

Imagine Devin Hester, with better WR skills, on PCP, running like the Indiana Jones boulder is after him.

Trying not to get too excited and be as objective as possible.

That was probably just the accelerant placed on top of an already burning fire. A lot of people will get married because they feel like they don't have a choice -- that it's go forward or else lose the person or that once you reach a certain age that it's the grownup thing to do and if you've been a relationship longer than a year you must because that's just what society expects and tbh, the pressure for couples to get married to show they're serious or grownups is probably one of big reasons we have such a high divorce rate. He saw a way out where he could save face and if his heart wasn't in it (and I kinda doubt it was or he'd have gone ahead and just put things on pause) then he did the right thing for both of them.

So imagine the fastest human you have ever viewed with your own eyes. But now there is someone running 2-3 steps ahead of them, and his name is Squirrel.

Imagine Devin Hester, with better WR skills, on PCP, running like the Indiana Jones boulder is after him.

Trying not to get too excited and be as objective as possible.

So he’s Tyreek Hill speed.
Devin Hester’s lateral quickness.
Route running of Jerry Rice.
Hands like Devante Adams.

Legend.

Turned on College Football Live and they were talking UT. They went on to harp on the defense and how they can’t just “outshoot teams”. Then they went on to call Hendon Hooker, Herndon Hooker.

The next segment they went on to praise UF as a dark horse and they will be “way better than people expect.”

Turned that **** off real quick. Garbage.
3 historically bad ref calls say we could have done just that to the tune of 10 wins last year lol.

And wth has Ole Miss been doing?

Not that that's the goal - we just need to fix our 3rd down defense. But just sayin...sure we could if we need to.

So he’s Tyreek Hill speed.
Devin Hester’s lateral quickness.
Route running of Jerry Rice.
Hands like Devante Adams.

Legend.
That's how the PA should announce his entrance before every game as far as I'm concerned. They'll just have to hope he walks out, because if he runs they might not get two words off.

Last edited:
I keep trying to put this in the context of our past few coaches. Right now, Heupel seems to be ahead of all them. This feels more like 2015 than 2014, and much better than any of the Dooley or Pruitt years.

I wouldn’t put a 10-win expectation on these guys, especially with the schedule. But 8-4 seems achievable, and it’s possible we win more.
If this team is as good as 2015, would be ecstatic. They were +15 ppg and nearly had Bama. Sure as hell should've had uf and ou if not for DA head coaching. Lost by 4 to Arky in a headscratcher. 16 points from being undefeated...Heupel probably would have had them in the playoffs or NY6 at worst.

If this team is as good as 2015, would be ecstatic. They were +15 ppg and nearly had Bama. Sure as hell should've had uf and ou if not for DA head coaching. Lost by 4 to Arky in a headscratcher. 16 points from being undefeated...Heupel probably would have had them in the playoffs or NY6 at worst.
Heupel and his staff could get the 2015 team to 10 wins.

Bud Elliott...smart man. Dropping truth bombs all over USCjr fans...they were LUCKY.

They literally had a negative scoring margin 😅😂😂 Beat ECU by 3...Troy by 9...Vandy by 1 and that was game was stolen from Vandy by the refs...beat a poor demoralized Auburn squad by 4..just so bad and lucky.

We aren't the only ones talking.

Joe Milton III compared it to a flash.
“You ever saw lightning hit the ground?” Tennessee’s backup quarterback asked on Sunday afternoon. “It’s hard to see, right?”

Hendon Hooker described it as “special.”
“His stature and his speed is ridiculous,” the redshirt senior starting quarterback said.

Junior running back Jabari Small went with “very rare."
“He just gets it,” Small said.
When the conversations turns to Squirrel White, there’s never a shortage of descriptions for the 5-foot-10, 160-pound now-you-see-him-now-you-don’t freshman receiver.
“He’s not slow, that’s for sure,” head coach Josh Heupel said on Monday with a laugh.
But it’s not just speed or quickness. There’s more.
“He’s truly fearless,” Heupel said. “He’s not the biggest guy, but he’s fearless. He’s going to stick his face in any physical situation that he needs to.”
The fearlessness and toughness that his teammates and coaches go on and on about developed not long after.
“Probably backyard football,” White said. “I used to play outside with my brothers. We used to play tackle. I would cry sometimes, then get right back up.”
“… I’ve just been tough my whole life.”

He’s made life tough on defensive backs his entire life, too. White said on Tuesday that, because of his size, he’s spent most of his football career learning the best ways to keep a defender’s hands off of him.
“That’s something I’ve always worked on,” he said, “just from being little.”

“He’s special,” Hooker said. “... When he has the ball in his hands, he’s a playmaker. That’s what this game is made of, is playmakers, so when you have a guy that has that size and has that speed, it’s special.”
“His catch radius, to be that small, his catch radius is pretty O.D.,” Milton added. “If you don’t know what ‘O.D.’ is, it’s pretty crazy, but he’s just a fantastic player in general."
“He’s got good routes,” Small said, “(and) can get in and out of his breaks. He’s a talented guy, very athletic, so I think you’ll see a lot of him this year.”

“If we leave there with some depth (at the slot receiver),” Golesh said, “I would be beyond excited. That would be better than we were a year ago.”

White is using his speed to stay a step ahead of the game.
“(He has an) ability for the game to not be moving too fast – really almost from Day 1 in the way that he’s handled what we do offensively,” Heupel said. “He needs to have a great camp for us and we believe that he will.”

That was probably just the accelerant placed on top of an already burning fire. A lot of people will get married because they feel like they don't have a choice -- that it's go forward or else lose the person or that once you reach a certain age that it's the grownup thing to do and if you've been a relationship longer than a year you must because that's just what society expects and tbh, the pressure for couples to get married to show they're serious or grownups is probably one of big reasons we have such a high divorce rate. He saw a way out where he could save face and if his heart wasn't in it (and I kinda doubt it was or he'd have gone ahead and just put things on pause) then he did the right thing for both of them.

Yeah...the whole social thing is so weird to me. Never understood the rush. Wanted to both be out of grad school, very financially stable, then live together, just take our time because weddings aren't cheap and if you're committed and both people understand that...then it's essentially a formality...a legal contract...at that point. My wife and I ended up dating for 8 years and engaged for 1. Lived together for the last 5 of those years. Never once did either of us care...only relatives 😒

But if you won't even accept a prenup...that's a pretty clear sign of lack of trust. Never once did that enter my mind and I brought in about 95% of the assets to the marriage. Can't imagine marrying someone if that's in your mind. In his case...gold digger comes to mind.

Reactions: UTProf
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back