Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
VolNation RF,
I’ve learned many things since following here after the 2008 recruiting class including:

1. Don’t get on hatvol’s bad side.
2. Don’t be a moran.
3. Keep a fresh supply of pocket presents.
4. Always wash your Zollicoffer.

Tomorrow I’m getting married and I could use any advice you’re willing to give.

Congrats!

Remember this- you'll never get more out of it than you put into it. It takes effort.

And now, @Glitch

VolNation RF,
I’ve learned many things since following here after the 2008 recruiting class including:

2. Don’t be a moran.

Marry someone cool. I'm 1 year in with 0 complaints but people I know in a similar boat that have complaints are typically that their wife is a total nag. Don't marry a total nag.

Please forgive me for a moment while I brag on my youngest. Today he graduates from the University of Tennessee with his degree in electrical engineering. He's worked his backside off for four years. Many hours spent burning that midnight oil. His profs love him, pleading with him to stay and do research and get his masters. He's done though. Tired of school. I can understand that.

Thanks for letting me brag. Parent's pride is real.

I went to UT for the same but it’s been well over a decade for me. Many professors I had are no longer there—Dr. Michael J. Roberts (Emeritus), Dr. Jack S. Lawler (Emeritus), Dr. Walter Green (Emeritus), Dr. Paul B. Crilly (now at the US Coast Guard Academy), Dr. Michael G. Thomason (Emeritus), Dr. Robert C. Ward (Emeritus), and others I am sure I’m missing—but my time there is still one of the greatest experiences of my life. My background and studies were in power systems and power electronics, and I currently work in the electric power space.

I don’t know your son’s longterm goals, but I would encourage him to pursue his PE. Next to my diploma, it has been invaluable and afforded me growth opportunities I otherwise would not have had. Congratulations to your son!

All you nut kickers… no faith.
View attachment 456917
I am sorry, but this GIF has to go. It is from the dark times. We are out of the dark times. I will refrain from nad-punting because we won and, clearly, you did not cause us undue harm. This team can endure jinx like no other.

If they haven't changed the regulations or rules with faking injuries by this season... It will cost us games. Mark these words.

Everyone will be doing it to stop us because it's the only way to stop us.

Part of the beauty of the blitzkrieg offense Heup runs, is that it exhausts the opposition, especially the big boys. Big uglies don't recover from being run ragged. Only way to stop that is fake injury and get the timeout. This will be a serious issue all season.
If there is a way to scheme against the fake injuries, Heup will find it.

VolNation RF,

2. Don’t be a moran.

Enjoy the day. Do not, under any circumstances be a Pre-Madonna.

I am sorry, but this GIF has to go. It is from the dark times. We are out of the dark times. I will refrain from nad-punting because we won and, clearly, you did not cause us undue harm. This team can endure jinx like no other.

He’s an unfazed, unrustled, (probably wasted), VFL in enemy territory. The gif has a place. We should somehow crop out the score…. But when the turnover stat pops up, 😭

Last edited:
Please forgive me for a moment while I brag on my youngest. Today he graduates from the University of Tennessee with his degree in electrical engineering. He's worked his backside off for four years. Many hours spent burning that midnight oil. His profs love him, pleading with him to stay and do research and get his masters. He's done though. Tired of school. I can understand that.

Thanks for letting me brag. Parent's pride is real.
Very happy for all of you!! That is a big deal. I started out in EE and it whipped my tail. I am fine with where I ended up. Kudos to your son!! That is a very tough degree.

Seen a video of Eric Berry and realized you never hear or see anything about the Berry and TN. Seems like it’s been since his brothers left. Any animosity there or just not alotmof reason to come back? Weird too that he doesn’t play in league anymore

Reactions: hooter vol
VolNation RF,

2. Don’t be a moran.

Assert your dominance . Farting at the altar will let her family know you mean business .

Never go to bed hungry have her make you a sammich.

P.S. Do not let Mrs. Havoc know I shared these helpful tips.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back