Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are they really that far behind? Honestly asking. Did Saban think he could still do it by his name and the Alabama brand only?

they are so “behind” that their current per avg recruit ranking is 94.94. That’s good for #2 in the country. They only have 3 commits right now. If people think NIL will prevent Bama from signing a top 3-5 class, then they are deluding themselves.

Reactions: StoneColdStunner
Call the reputation what you want. If a 5 star player can only acquire so much $ under a salary cap then the UGAs, Bamas, and Ohio States of the recruiting world continue their stranglehold on elite high school talent.

I know I've said this on here before but how can they put a salary cap on NIL? They could put a cap on what a university is allowed to pay players but not on how much that player could make through endorsements. Be like telling Saban he can make his salary but is not allowed to do Aflac commercials.

After spring practice, Saban knew he needed better wide receivers. He had current players call receivers at other schools and Alabama players connected players from other schools with Bama NIL group.
Players can contact other players from rival schools. Alabama got their WR from Louisville. One flaw in NIL and transfer portal is there is no safe guard against players tampering with players at opposing schools. Pro teams can get heavy fines for player tampering, college football is now professional. Time to pass out fines.

He is a liar too. Texas A&M didn't buy that class themselves...but somebody sure as hell did for them. Those kids are getting paid to go to A&M...just be f'n honest anout it...I am already getting sick of all this semantics garbage.

I was never for all this 💩, but it is the way of things now....I know how we get our players. Literally...WE...the Volunteer fan nation...pays them to play for us.

they are so “behind” that their current per avg recruit ranking is 94.94. That’s good for #2 in the country. They only have 3 commits right now. If people think NIL will prevent Bama from signing a top 3-5 class, then they are deluding themselves.
The fact they only have 3 commits says it all but you do your thing lol

Reactions: ChattaTNVol

Saban's dominance has always been due in part to an unfair talent advantage. NIL will shift the talent distribution and Saban will look a bit more mortal. Bama will continue to be good, but they won't be perennial SEC west champs, particularly if Jimbo siphons off talent. As that happens, retirement will look better. Saban won't want to put up with the delusional Bama fan base.

Last edited:
They may end up with a typical class but it definitely has Saban rattled.

I think most if not all Universities, through Boosters or whatever in the past "cheated". I have friends that played on the hill and while there received "special" gifts. Nothing like today but a free fancy dinner and $100 bucks from some guy they didn't know, that kinda thing but with that being said I think it is common knowledge that The Turds have a system set up in that state that involves bank, businesses, individuals and so on that has so many layers it would take Marty Byrde from the show Ozarks to unravel it.......maybe now would be a good time to start.

I would like to see some of those smug a$$ turd fans have to admit they cheated. The whole state would be under suicide watch. Fitting end for an Alabama prick I'd say.

Saban's dominance has always been due in part to an unfair talent advantage. NIL will shift the talent distribution and Saban will look a bit more mortal. Bama will continue to be good, but they won't be perineal SEC west champs, particularly if Jimbo siphons off talent. As that happens, retirement will look better. Saban won't want to put up with the delusional Bama fan base.
Bama will decline in recruiting a little. It'll show up in about two years, the first year post-Saban-retirement. The replacement will take it on the chin and it'll look like Saban was the pixie dust at Bama.

Hey Volnation! I just logged on for a bit for lunch break. I’m not sure of the details around Saban and A&M. It sounds like Saban complaining?

With that said, I never will forget the conversation I had with Chief (John Chavis) around 2006-2006. He knew Saban as coaches run in similar circles and Saban coached @ LSU. It was an interesting conversation.

I know I've said this on here before but how can they put a salary cap on NIL? They could put a cap on what a university is allowed to pay players but not on how much that player could make through endorsements. Be like telling Saban he can make his salary but is not allowed to do Aflac commercials.
The NCAA can't do anything. Saban knows it.

Hey Volnation! I just logged on for a bit for lunch break. I’m not sure of the details around Saban and A&M. It sounds like Saban complaining?

With that said, I never will forget the conversation I had with Chief (John Chavis) around 2006-2006. He knew Saban as coaches run in similar circles and Saban coached @ LSU. It was an interesting conversation.
That all you got for us?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back