Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just read the Fisher article. Daaaaamn. I don't think anything compliance-related will happen but Saban's reputation took a huge hit today. A very uncharacteristic PR faux pas from Nicky.

Fisher fired the first shot and I wonder now if other assistants will pile on. Could get very interesting soon as reporters shove microphones in their faces.

That all you got for us?

😆 - had to take a phone call and didn’t finish post.

Chief said Saban was egotistical and has some mental issues. He is all about “self” and he walks by a player without speaking to him, unless a QB or RB. Also has a shrink on staff 24-7.
Keep in mind this was in 2005. I saw Chief every yr as I worked a golf tourney for Rotary Club in Sp Hill, TN.
Chief was (is) a good guy to talk to as he was always down to earth and a blue collar guy. He is an avg guy with a high football IQ so I appreciated his personality. I had a picture taken with him but it got lost in a move.

Last edited:
Hey Volnation! I just logged on for a bit for lunch break. I’m not sure of the details around Saban and A&M. It sounds like Saban complaining?

With that said, I never will forget the conversation I had with Chief (John Chavis) around 2006-2006. He knew Saban as coaches run in similar circles and Saban coached @ LSU. It was an interesting conversation.
Cmon man! Can’t drop that nugg without the deets!!!

The "parity" Saban seeks most likely boils down to an NIL salary cap. If implemented he and Alabama would still be able to consistently dominate in the recruiting world based off of reputation. Without such a ceiling the Tide isn't so high.
Nope...a cap would force them to allocate resources to the players they want...just like the NFL, which should bring true parity.

However what Saban Bama would really do without due diligence and fair but equal heavy enforcement is continue paying extra under the table to sweeten deals. He would still game a eunuch system.

He owns the NCAA and SEC offices..

If Bama has cheated ( and we know they have very well ) to get the best players how good of a coach does that make Saban. Think about it, if you let every SEC Coach have his teams, how many would have won more than one championship ? I can't remember who it was, Bryant or Neyland was talking about a coach and said he can take his and whoop yours or take yours and whoop his.

Call the reputation what you want. If a 5 star player can only acquire so much $ under a salary cap then the UGAs, Bamas, and Ohio States of the recruiting world continue their stranglehold on elite high school talent.
Not unless they are willing to play for less than the alloted cap space..

Think about it...no NFL team gets more than their share of great players because they cannot pay more than they are allowed.

Last edited:
Saban is making enemies by the second. He knows that his way of cheating is useless now and he has no backup plan. Now that its a even playing field , look for Saban to retire. He should be worried about his DC because that D was not that good last year and now this is year 2 of Heups offense and things could get ugly in Neyland this for Saban.

😆 - had to take a phone call and didn’t fonosh post.

Chief said Saban was egotistical and has some menial issues. He is all about “self” and he walks by a player without speaking to him, unless a QB or RB. Also has a shrink on staff 24-7.
Keep in mind this was in 2005. I saw Chief every yr as I worked a golf tourney for Rotary Club in Sp Hill, TN.
Chief was (is) a good guy to talk to as he was always down to earth and a blue collar guy. He is an avg guy with a high football IQ so I appreciated his personality. I had a picture taken with him but it got lost in a move.

Yeah, that “not talking to players” thing ain’t gonna fly in the NIL era.

Reactions: vol94
Saban fired the first shot and deserves everything he gets. Pompous little arse talking parity....what a joke. I can tell you 3/4 teams that will be in the playoff yearly and he doesn't want that to change.

yep. I hope every bit of his dirty laundry comes out. You gotta have some big balls to fire a shot at other coaches while doing the same thing illegally for years.

Jimbo is mad. I don’t blame him, but also this whole thing is freaking stupid. We all know Texas A&M is paying players, but so are most P5 programs now. It’s legal. Can we stop pretending like this isn’t happening?
I love it. Not a big Jimbo (he is shady too) but about time somebody put punky brewster where he belongs.That sob been cheating and everybody turns and looks away. Looks like he got called to the mat.

Saban fired the first shot and deserves everything he gets. Pompous little arse talking parity....what a joke. I can tell you 3/4 teams that will be in the playoff yearly and he doesn't want that to change.
And Jimbo needs to do better than 8-4 and show he can consistently compete with Bama before he starts running his mouth about anything. I stand by that they’re both being bitches.

Reactions: Dudley Smith
Saban is making enemies by the second. He knows that his way of cheating is useless now and he has no backup plan. Now that its a even playing field , look for Saban to retire. He should be worried about his DC because that D was not that good last year and now this is year 2 of Heups offense and things could get ugly in Neyland this for Saban.
The talent gap has grown so much in CFB over the last 15 years. Looks at what some of the greatest CFB coaches do in the NFL where there is still parity. Urban and Saban both failed.

Reactions: KptVFL and Orange.

Jimbo after he finishing up press conference and finishing burying Saban.

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back