Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't care...it took Kirby what five-six average top three classes playing a busted up Bama offense to finally win? Screw that little bowl cut spaz...I will never give him credit for anything.

Kirby and Ed O are proof that you don't need to be a good coach to win - you just need elite talent. However, Kirby might be the luckiest SOB alive. Even with the talent he had stacked UGA doesn't beat BAMA without those WR injuries and BAMA attempting to gift them the game at nearly every point. That game was the championship equivalent of UF-UT a few years ago (you know the game - neither team deserved to win).

no offense to the kid but I'd really like to have a kicker that doesn't airball that kick in the last few seconds of the bowl game
Edit: I realize it was 56 yds, not trying to be too hard on him but if we have someone that would've had enough leg for it to have a chance that would be nice

It was actually closer than I thought it would be. I was on that end of the field and looked about 2 yards short. It was cool, and field was terrible. Didn’t expect him to really hit it.

It was actually closer than I thought it would be. I was on that end of the field and looked about 2 yards short. It was cool, and field was terrible. Didn’t expect him to really hit it.
Looked a lot shorter on TV as I recall it, I'm happy with the kid 45 and in, maybe we can throw Carver out there for 46+ yarders

As a TN sports fan I've been pretty lucky...

98 - 1st BCS National Championship
99 - Titans in the Super Bowl
99-00 - Vols make Sweet Sixteen under Green
06-07 - Vols make Sweet Sixteen under Pearl
07-08 - Vols make Sweet Sixteen under Pearl
09-10 - Vols make Elite Eight under Pearl
BaseVOLs in CWS 2001, 2005, & 2021

Hopefully the Titans can win a SB before the King Henry era ends...and maybe Barnes has a crazy run before his time ends and makes the Final Four for us.

no offense to the kid but I'd really like to have a kicker that doesn't airball that kick in the last few seconds of the bowl game
Edit: I realize it was 56 yds, not trying to be too hard on him but if we have someone that would've had enough leg for it to have a chance that would be nice
No offense but I would love to have a defense that can stop teams on 3rd and 4th down and had a secondary that was not giving up tons of yards passing and learn to contain QBs. Kicker is the least of our problems

No offense but I would love to have a defense that can stop teams on 3rd and 4th down and had a secondary that was not giving up tons of yards passing and learn to contain QBs. Kicker is the least of our problems

This ^. Everything else is fine. We can compete for the division if we get a defense.

Reactions: tnvols72
Reactions: VolsDoc81TX
The hold was actually bad. Wasn’t his fault, he probably would’ve made it with a good hold.

I am still so depressed about last night that I don't have the wherewithal to LOL at Bama.

I couldn't stand the game. That said, I did find a particular MLB blowing his coverage assignment and giving up an easy TD at a critical juncture in the game pretty satisfying.

I think the best word to describe me is petty.

Kirby and Ed O are proof that you don't need to be a good coach to win - you just need elite talent. However, Kirby might be the luckiest SOB alive. Even with the talent he had stacked UGA doesn't beat BAMA without those WR injuries and BAMA attempting to gift them the game at nearly every point. That game was the championship equivalent of UF-UT a few years ago (you know the game - neither team deserved to win).
More importantly, Bama was missing two starting CB’s.

Reactions: Volunteer821
Tell me about it. Living in Georgia is just the worst right this moment.

I've developed extremely thick skin

Tennessee has sucked for 15+ years - it's not my personal fault

Just hope we get some coaching stability and start to dig our way out - it will take years still to do so, but I'm up for the journey!

End of the day fans still gotta realize they get 0 credit for team success (or failures).

Unless you're on the field/court contributing you're not do anything but being an ass when bragging about your team winning.

As a TN sports fan I've been pretty lucky...

98 - 1st BCS National Championship
99 - Titans in the Super Bowl
99-00 - Vols make Sweet Sixteen under Green
06-07 - Vols make Sweet Sixteen under Pearl
07-08 - Vols make Sweet Sixteen under Pearl
09-10 - Vols make Elite Eight under Pearl
BaseVOLs in CWS 2001, 2005, & 2021

Hopefully the Titans can win a SB before the King Henry era ends...and maybe Barnes has a crazy run before his time ends and makes the Final Four for us.
I’ve thought about this often.
I’ve seen my high school football team win a few state championships.
My favorite MLB team win the WS (Cardinals)
And of course the Vols win a natty.
I’ve been a lucky fan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back