Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's interesting to see the different strategies taking shape.

Every dynasty comes to an end, and aTm is banking on being the next program to rise in the West. They've been moving that way for a while, and they just pushed their chips into the center of the table. They had a plan, they were ready and they're committed to bankrolling their ambition. We'll see how it works.
Saban lost to two of his assistants this year. Just realized that.

ATM's push is being done the right way. They're dumping everything they have into the defense/LOS.

I would much rather it be ATM v UGA in the SEC Championship next year than watch Bama again.

Reactions: VolNash17
I asked you guys to pray for my wifes family in Alabama the week before Christmas because every last one of them had caught Covid...well thank the good Lord her sister just got out of the hospital.

The rest of her brothers, brother-in-law and sisters-in-law and neices and nephews had cases ranging from mild to really severe, but one sister (56 year old in horrible health) had an extreme case and has been hospitalized for the last two weeks..It was touch and go for a few days, but she finally turned the corner a few days ago and just got released to go home today.

Thank the Lord, and thanks for your prayers.

Wonderful news! The Lord's plan is beyond our understanding but it is wonderful when our prayers align with His will.

Actually....a really solid QB room.
That's what I was thinking, and it sets up nicely for development. It's Milton's to lose in 23, and he'll have 2 years of development and learning the system. In 24 (assuming Milton is gone) it sets up a competition between Jackson and (hopefully the Cali kid) whoever we get next class. Jackson would have 2 years of development at that point.

For next year, unless he's just very bad, would be cool to see Shuler run with the 3rd team while we redshirt Jackson.

Every dynasty comes to an end, and aTm is banking on being the next program to rise in the West. They've been moving that way for a while, and they just pushed their chips into the center of the table. They had a plan, they were ready and they're committed to bankrolling their ambition. We'll see how it works.
And then theres us who are content with second fiddle

I really don't understand why we're even listed. I'm pleased with our season but IDK where Vegas is getting the idea that we're even worth long shot odds.
it is a decision based on data and the fact that wagering is legal in TN

they have enough members, bets, and data now to predict or forecast member behavior.

Reactions: volsfan_17
That's what I was thinking, and it sets up nicely for development. It's Milton's to lose in 23, and he'll have 2 years of development and learning the system. In 24 (assuming Milton is gone) it sets up a competition between Jackson and (hopefully the Cali kid) whoever we get next class. Jackson would have 2 years of development at that point.

For next year, unless he's just very bad, would be cool to see Shuler run with the 3rd team while we redshirt Jackson.
Shuler could be a Daryl Dickey type:)

One thing that Ainge (of all people) pointed out not long ago is that if the goal of the offense is to control the tempo then we should also know when to slow down. Cause you can hurry up to the line and get set, but then read the defense and make adjustments. You're still eliminating the ability to sub by the defense but you also give yourself more time to try and read the defense and get your guys set.

Now maybe the speed was done just to take advantage of lineup mistakes, but if we're trying to run the ball the rushing to snap it actually hurts the offense cause the OL may not all be set or in position to make the push.
Not sure anything but fast tempo gives us the offensive advantage we are looking for.

They lost to a 5-6 Michigan St team that year in Columbus. Tennessee was definitely better.
Lolol
That’s my point though.
We don’t know that till we play the games.
Bama lost to A and M. Beat Ga in the SECCG. Lost to Ga in the playoffs. If they played again in to weeks it’s 50/50 on who would win.

championships require skill and luck.
That’s why I’m more concerned about the head to head. It’s ok if people disagree and are more impressed with the “championship “ than I am.

Georgia earned it fair and square

Wouldn't have mattered if the starting WR's were out there if Bryce Youngs head was still getting knocked off his shoulders.
That game wouldn't have been a game if Alabama has Metchie and Williams, those two are the best WR's in CFB period

Ok what about us?

That game wouldn't have been a game if Alabama has Metchie and Williams, those two are the best WR's in CFB period
Excuse me? Did you just say r**l t**e to me?

Wouldn't have mattered. UGA ate Bryce Young and would have ate Bryce Young regardless who was at WR.

That's like saying we lose to FSU if Weinke starts. What good would Weinke had been if Al Wilson cleats were shoved up his azz?

Join the long line of people who disagree with my takes, if you take a number youll be in the thousands
Just saying. Everyone thought we were going to have a terrible recruiting class for 22. The staff proves those individuals wrong.

23’ was always going to be the recruiting class you judge this staff on. 22’ recruits were being recruited on the “well this is how it’s going to be” (without any proof to back it up, until we started playing Football)

Now that players have seen what our offense can do and what our defense has the capability to do we won’t have any more issues recruiting.

Meh this program is making big strides in a short amount of time especially with all this coaching staff had lingering over them.

Bad take by you if you ask me
There’s a big difference in taking strides and having the mentality that these championship programs have. Everyone wants to win championships but they aren’t always doing what it takes and sometimes it’s shady. I am pleased with our progress and I suppose you have to crawl before you walk so we shall see.

It doesn’t matter tho. Nobody will remember the injuries or the SEC championship, injuries are apart of the game yea it sucks but oh well. Georgia won and dominated when it mattered. There won’t be an asterisk in the record book

If only Maggitt doesn’t get hurt in 2015, or JRM, Kirkland, Sutton and the dozen others in 2016.
I will remember it...and will never give that little piece of **** coach any credit...piss on Kirby.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back