Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thoughts on the last drive where Alabama threw the interception for a TD.

Dunno why Alabama went away from the Mesh Routes. They had plenty of clock and Georgia was not playing well against the Mesh. Alabama was gashing them.

They went to the verticle routes the last 2 or 3 plays before the interception and were unsuccessful. Didn’t make any sense to me.

So f'n what..they would have put 40-50 up at full strength...it freaking mattered.
It doesn’t matter tho. Nobody will remember the injuries or the SEC championship, injuries are apart of the game yea it sucks but oh well. Georgia won and dominated when it mattered. There won’t be an asterisk in the record book

If only Maggitt doesn’t get hurt in 2015, or JRM, Kirkland, Sutton and the dozen others in 2016.

Meh. We are in it for “the right way” now. Not win at all costs championships. We nuked our program on purpose to save 12 million on Pruitt. Firing Pruitt was justified but let’s not act like it wasn’t an total crap show.

We didn't nuke our program. We are better off in every way right now. You're letting idiots from rival fanbases convince you of a stupid narrative. We got the coach and the money. AND managed to finally get an AD.

Then why play the damn games?
Entertainment value.
I’m ok if you want to believe it’s a big deal.
I’m more interested in head to head bragging rights.

For example. I’ve never talked trash about the 1998 title to anyone but FSU fans. Because that’s who we played.
The day after the Ohio State fan next door was already saying “that game proved it should have been OSU instead of FSU and we’d have won”. Were we better than OSU that year? Maybe.

Entertainment value.
I’m ok if you want to believe it’s a big deal.
I’m more interested in head to head bragging rights.

For example. I’ve never talked trash about the 1998 title to anyone but FSU fans. Because that’s who we played.
The day after the Ohio State fan next door was already saying “that game proved it should have been OSU instead of FSU and we’d have won”. Were we better than OSU that year? Maybe.
They lost to a 5-6 Michigan St team that year in Columbus. Tennessee was definitely better.

Thoughts on the last drive where Alabama threw the interception for a TD.

Dunno why Alabama went away from the Mesh Routes. They had plenty of clock and Georgia was not playing well against the Mesh. Alabama was gashing them.

They went to the verticle routes the last 2 or 3 plays before the interception and were unsuccessful. Didn’t make any sense to me.

BAMA fans will blame the WRs being out but Bryce didn't have a good game. He made a lot of poor decisions. Not a whole lot made sense from either team. It's the first title game I've watched where neither team deserved to win. BAMA gift-wrapped that game to UGA and for most of the game UGA refused to accept the gift. They finally did in the end.

BAMA fans will blame the WRs being out but Bryce didn't have a good game. He made a lot of poor decisions. Not a whole lot made sense from either team. It's the first title game I've watched where neither team deserved to win. BAMA gift-wrapped that game to UGA and for most of the game UGA refused to accept the gift. They finally did in the end.
Georgia earned it fair and square

Wouldn't have mattered if the starting WR's were out there if Bryce Youngs head was still getting knocked off his shoulders.

Georgia earned it fair and square

Wouldn't have mattered if the starting WR's were out there if Bryce Youngs head was still getting knocked off his shoulders.
Yeah that Alabama O-line was not good against the Georgia D-line. One thing Alabama did different this game was went away from the tempo they used in the SEC Championship game that kept Georgias defenders tired and off the field.

Bryce is not very good under pressure. Hence why Texas A&M beat them, and LSU and Auburn almost did. Even Cincy stymied him at points. Mac Jones was still dropping dimes last year while being pressured. Bama's OLine also couldn't dominate the LOS.

Last edited:
One thing that Ainge (of all people) pointed out not long ago is that if the goal of the offense is to control the tempo then we should also know when to slow down. Cause you can hurry up to the line and get set, but then read the defense and make adjustments. You're still eliminating the ability to sub by the defense but you also give yourself more time to try and read the defense and get your guys set.

Now maybe the speed was done just to take advantage of lineup mistakes, but if we're trying to run the ball the rushing to snap it actually hurts the offense cause the OL may not all be set or in position to make the push.

Love our offense, not only is it fun but obviously the main reason we're ahead of schedule. I did have 2 concerns when I first heard the X number of plays per minute, standard.

1 was if would cause a lot of mistakes and penalties. (Excluding BS ref calls) I've been pleasantly surprised on this one.
The other is at certain *moments in a game, time, defense or score, can suggest a little clock control as beneficial.
This one, I still wonder about at times.

Reactions: barrylee
I just don't like dealing in "ifs" cause by the time Heupel gets equal talent I could be in the ground.

I think Heupel is a better coach, but Kirby is doing something right. If you don't want to give him credit that's fine, but it's one man's opinion...that will regardless of what you think be shared by very few.
Don't care...it took Kirby what five-six average top three classes playing a busted up Bama offense to finally win? Screw that little bowl cut spaz...I will never give him credit for anything.

It's interesting to see the different strategies taking shape.

Every dynasty comes to an end, and aTm is banking on being the next program to rise in the West. They've been moving that way for a while, and they just pushed their chips into the center of the table. They had a plan, they were ready and they're committed to bankrolling their ambition. We'll see how it works.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back