Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Difference in being a Pruitt lover and stating that he knows his X’s and O’s Lol. He just was not a good Head Coach. Not at all.
It appears that he knows defense and Xs and Os. Appears that he can neither teach it or identify the right person to teach it. So if Saban hires the d line coach and the LB coach and Saban teaches d backs, then pruitt can call the defense. That’s how it appears to me.

There is no better example of the Peter Principle than with major college football. It’s fascinating.

“The Peter principle is a concept in managementdeveloped by Laurence J. Peter, which observes that people in a hierarchy tend to rise to "a level of respective incompetence": employees are promoted based on their success in previous jobs until they reach a level at which they are no longer competent, as skills in one job do not necessarily translate to another”
Oh...THAT’S what that means. I thought it applied to Pruitt because he bears a striking resemblance to, well...you know, a Peter.

This definitely makes more sense.

I know we all love $hitting on Florida anyway we can, but Napier was a really good hire. He would have been considered a home run during our search. I hope he fails, but he was probably the second best up and coming coach behind Fickell.

Kellie is a good coach admit it!!!
I'll admit I was wrong when she accomplishes something. I'll gladly eat crow. She has no semblance of an offence. Basically go down there and throw it around, drive. Throw it down the low post. If all else fails take a desperation 3 or drive and throw up a prayer against three defenders. Look, I like Kellie but I don't think she'll ever be more than an average coach. She's Holly 2.0 from a coaching standpoint. That's probably good enough for the AD.

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
Many in media have and will showcase sympathy for Manny Diaz. He accepted the Temple job and even held an introductory press conference. A few weeks later he left for Miami. He gets zero sympathy from me.
At the FBS level, all are mercenaries. I had forgotten he had that job for 18 days. Worse than Kiffin, no doubt. Still, he will get a nice DC gig somewhere.

Difference in being a Pruitt lover and stating that he knows his X’s and O’s Lol. He just was not a good Head Coach. Not at all.
What evidence do you have that he knows his X's and O's? His defenses ranked 81 and 49 in 2018,19. Evidently the NCAA didn't count 2020 in stats because of Covid. On the other hand, you really want to see a "guru", look at Heupel. Took a depleted roster and made it an offense that everyone feared. That's taking something and making it better, better than the roster suggest it should be. Pruitt relied on superior talent to succeed. He's no guru, imo.

I was chastised at the time but I said early on that his days were numbered, it wasn't about when but if. He's no head coach and I think he was extremely over rated as a D coordinator.

What evidence do you have that he knows his X's and O's? His defenses ranked 81 and 49 in 2018,19. Evidently the NCAA didn't count 2020 in stats because of Covid. On the other hand, you really want to see a "guru", look at Heupel. Took a depleted roster and made it an offense that everyone feared. That's taking something and making it better, better than the roster suggest it should be. Pruitt relied on superior talent to succeed. He's no guru, imo.

I was chastised at the time but I said early on that his days were numbered, it wasn't about when but if. He's no head coach and I think he was extremely over rated as a D coordinator.
The issue is, when you are basing out of a Rip/liz and man match quarters like the saban tree guys do… you have to have studs on your defense because at the end of the day… depending on the route distribution you are running cover 0 with a 4 man rush because you’re bracketing and Manning guys. There’s not a lot of spot drop with those teams like we play now.

The issue is, when you are basing out of a Rip/liz and man match quarters like the saban tree guys do… you have to have studs on your defense because at the end of the day… depending on the route distribution you are running cover 0 with a 4 man rush because you’re bracketing and Manning guys. There’s not a lot of spot drop with those teams like we play now.
And that suggest to me that rather than adapt the defense to your personnel that you try and fit a square peg in a hexagonal hole. That doesn't scream "Guru" to me. That screams, "I must have the best talent to succeed" which was my point all along. Give me a coach that does more with less any day. Those are the true gurus.

And that suggest to me that rather than adapt the defense to your personnel that you try and fit a square peg in a hexagonal hole. That doesn't scream "Guru" to me. That screams, "I must have the best talent to succeed" which was my point all along. Give me a coach that does more with less any day. Those are the true gurus.

That’s fair but i also think that’s the way he came up so that system is ingrained in him so I understand it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back