Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Essentially he is saying that a player saying that he is “entering” the transfer portal hasn’t officially entered it yet.
You enter the portal to learn the interest of other colleges. That’s the point of it. So you are allowing “tampering.” The player can then transfer. Actually I don’t know what in tarnation he’s talking about 😝

You enter the portal to learn the interest of other colleges. That’s the point of it. So you are allowing “tampering.” The player can then transfer. Actually I don’t know what in tarnation he’s talking about 😝
"Saying you're going to the store isn't the same thing as BEING at the store!"

ok, but when I walk out the door I'm going to the store...

I believe TN has had some success with Hutchison CC. I compiled a list of DB, LB, DL who appear to stand out. Any of these on TN’s short list…

DAVION WESTMORELAND*
Pos.: DL
Cl.:Sophomore
Ht.:6'3
Wt.:240
GP: 10
TAK: 51
SAC:6.5
INT: 1
Hometown/High School:
Griffin, GA / Griffin

MARQUISE GILBERT*
Pos.: DB
Cl.:RS-Freshman
Ht.:6'2
Wt.:180
TAK: 25
SAC:
INT:
Hometown/High School:
Palm Coast, FL / Flagler

DESHON SINGLETON*
Cl.:Freshman
Ht.:63
Wt.:200
GP: 9
TAK: 21
SAC:
INT: 2
Hometown/High School:
Amite, LA / St. Helena

JALIK THOMAS*
Ht.:5'11
Wt.:195
TAK: 24
SAC:
INT:
M
Hometown/High School:
Macon, GA / Macon Central

R.J. EVANS*
Pos.: LB
Ht.:6'1
Wt.:225
TAK: 50
SAC:3
INT: 1
Hometown/High School:
Hanceville, AL / Hanceville

JA'MEZ DRUMMER*
Pos.: LB
Ht.:6'1
Wt.:200
TAK: 35
SAC:4
INT:
Hometown/High School:
Stanford, FL / Seminole

NADAME TUCKER*
Ht.:6;3
TAK: 43
SAC:10.5
INT:
Hometown/High School:
New York, NY / Teaneck

ZY STRONG*
Ht.:6'4
GP: 8
TAK: 20
SAC:2.5
INT:
Hometown/High School:
Birmingham, AL / Oak Mountain

JAYLON BASS*
Wt.:300
TAK: 36
SAC:2
INT:
Hometown/High School:
Ashland, AL / Clay Central

DEMECO ROLAND*
Wt.:340
GP: 8
TAK: 19
SAC:1.5
INT:
Hometown/High School:
Broken Arrow, OK / Broken Arrow

I did have a Missouri fan tell me a few weeks ago that Heupel was a snake who didn’t even tell the team when he left and that he’d do it to us in a heartbeat if he could. But who actually knows?

Coaches are mercenaries and money talks. Have to trust that DW knows what he’s doing.

They got dragged by Texas in the bowl game after he left, and rather than accept that despite having a month to prepare Odom is a trash coach so he & his staff/players all pointed the finger at Heupel for taking the HC job at UCF.

He's merely saying don't always trust that players are in the portal if they just say it on Twitter. They have to actually be in the portal.

Can someone with a bigger brain than me explain this to me?

Just because the player announces they are in the transfer portal doesn't mean they are officially in the portal. There is still paperwork that has to be signed and filed before the player can be contacted.

Think of it like the "I declare bankruptcy" moment from The Office. Just saying it doesn't make it so. Hope that helps?

Basilio thinks Heupel would be gone in 5 seconds if Oklahoma offered him the job.
I don't think he's wrong, assuming OU actually offered him the job. Heupel likely isn't going to OU not because he wouldn't accept the job, but because he's way down OU's list and there's still bad blood.

They won't hire a still pissed-off former assistant who is way down your list anyway.

Reactions: Adam2014
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back