Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is a ledge just a couple hundred feet from Taft Point...I have a pic of me and my wife standing (actually got one of us sitting with our legs hanging down here too, or maybe on another one of these overhanging ledges..I can't rememberfor sure, there are several that jut out down the edge and they are all pretty much the same) this spot that my daughter took..
20210930_094228.jpg

Last edited:
We were hiking to Taft point at Yosemite a few weeks ago and it blew my mind..you could walk off the overhanging edges in the dark in that area and drop thousands of feet.

No thanks..I remember sitting around the campfire and I got up and walked a few steps. It looked safe because there was a tree there. Little did I know that tree was growing up out of that crevice.
Funny thing is I used to rapel and rock climb quite often. Now I am nervous up on a roof or ladder lol

I think I’ve seen you say before, at least I hope that I have, that he is a silent to the Vols and the TAMU flirtation is just for show. Am I correct?
No that wasn’t me….. I have no real information involving Walter beside it looking like he is going back to A&M this weekend and rumors he is going to be committing to them….. I definitely hope that is not the case.

Sounds like you got lucky! That freakin place...

Visited there only once in my life visiting friends of family. Absolutely beautiful house right on the cliff...the view went for miles...beautiful.

Then I went outside...went ATV'ing and someone in our group ran right into a hornet's nest and 2 people got savagely stung all over...before that we visited some ancient children's "bible camp" way up in the woods, the whole thing was creepy af...then some Bubba came up on us saying it was his family's land and my stepdad said he had a pistol on him...we bounced, the next day a wildcat was roaming around our host's house...the day after that we saw snakes every 20 feet....naw I'm good 😅 I love nature, but not that shiz.

Just even 15-20 years ago, I would dirt bike around I think, Prentice Cooper, and you get way back there, you find some dilapidated house and think ummmm, I better get outta here fast.
IIRC, older Chattanoogans would remember some ATV'ers were shot and one killed 35 years ago if I remember correctly. It was "Deliverance" area back then, probably not as bad now.

Just even 15-20 years ago, I would dirt bike around I think, Prentice Cooper, and you get way back there, you find some dilapidated house and think ummmm, I better get outta here fast.
IIRC, older Chattanoogans would remember some ATV'ers were shot and one killed 35 years ago if I remember correctly. It was "Deliverance" area back then, probably not as bad now.

Signal Mountain Murders: Signal Mountain murders - Wikipedia

You'd feel different if it were your son...
Yeah...about like I would if he was a murderer...but this dude ain't my son.

Did he mess up? Absolutely...but, nobody jumps into a car drunk purposely looking to end someone else's life. Was it premeditated murder? No.
He purposefully jumped in a car knowing he had been drinking and that people routinely die from drunk drivers doing their selfish pos thing...he premeditated drinking and driving..sooo...
The kid will pay the price....a terrible one. You can let the hate flow through you....again, your prerogative. I feel sorry for him...and...that's mine.

I hate that people like you feel sorry for these assholes and help perpetuate this sickening behavior with your sympathy and excuses.

No thanks..I remember sitting around the campfire and I got up and walked a few steps. It looked safe because there was a tree there. Little did I know that tree was growing up out of that crevice.
Funny thing is I used to rapel and rock climb quite often. Now I am nervous up on a roof or ladder lol
Lol...that area around Taft is called "The Fissures"...that is exactly what they are...narrow crevices that drop out thousands of feet. It gave me the heebie jeebies but I got out there anyway...lol.

I really want to do that. Did you 'rock climb' the last part?
Lol...no...you just walk around to that point, there are several points that jut out with widening fissures in between. Taft Point is the highest point along that area...here is a pic of Taft Point itself, it's funny because they decided to put a little fence around it, but none of the rest of that area does..it makes no sense. That little rail is about three and a half to four feet high to give some context.

Edit...also that tall cliff across the valley is the Dawn Wall of El Cap to give you some idea of the immensity of the scenery
20210930_095421.jpg

Last edited:
To visit, or is he actually planning on committing there? Don't you have an inside source on this one, or was that all about messing with Ass hole in his head?

I just have a brother that goes to Powell and runs around with the football players. He is really good friends with Adarius Redmond and BJ Edwards.

He was right about where Nolen was transferring this year and stuff like that (you can check the Nolen thread) but he hasn’t been right lately. I’ve asked about certain basketball recruits and he was wrong. I texted him about Walter earlier, but didn’t get a response. So I guess we will all see.
We were the leaders and wasn’t close according to him, but it looks like A&M may have jumped us. I’ll let you know, if he responds.

Hole’s issue is that he thinks I’m trolling because when I first got on here I said we were in a good spot for a bunch of dudes. I explained this in another thread, my best friend was a undergraduate Media Relations Intern in the offices of the UT Athletics Media Relations staff. He was a student assistant contact for a few of the sports. He heard stuff time from time which is why I posted any of that. I’ve been on this board for three years and have no reason to troll. I just got hella stoked when I found out my brother hangs out with them.

The End.

Anyways, sorry for the rant lol.

Last edited:
Sorry for you and the world's loss. Completely agree.

I get that some folks like to drink alcohol and I am not condemning it at all as I did when I was a younger man. But there are conditions that come with that. One is never to drink and drive. How hard is that to understand? Such a disrespectful and dangerous thing to do. Always have a designated driver or take an uber or something. Just don't do it. Way too many lives have been ruined and lost because of it. If you cannot get over the hump, get help immediately.

That's not even considering the damage of alcoholism in general. When you lose family and friends to it, both dead and still living (some of you will know what I mean) - it sobers you up real quick.

My Dad was an alcoholic and he drove home drunk all the time. It’s mind boggling that he never killed anyone.

He did take out the same street light at least 5 times. He had this 50s Chevy that was literally a tank. It never even needed a new bumper…
The police would come to the house and tell him that he would have to pay for the damage. No ticket, no arrest, no fuss, no yelling…the fifth time, the police didn’t come to the house, just the city maintenance crew with a bill.

I have never understood the leniency afforded the drunk driver…

Very small world! My mom's favorite cousin..."Buddy". Did my dental examinations for free. Governor Blanton was convicted of giving pardons for pay...one of Buddy's killers benefitted.

Our families were members at Valleybrook. IIRC DDS Elliot had a facility on Hixson Pike near Northgate and my Dad's firm was in the same little complex.

So you are related to the Elliots? My Mom let me know that Mrs Elliot passed away not long ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back