Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you see who we pitched? Lee pitched two games all year with a nine era lol. We rested our pitchers. They should have been hitting off those scrubs.
You mean after Fried? The best pitcher starter on the staff? Morton is arguably better. I am not saying they are going to lose. It is just that the two pitchers left for the Dodgers can be very tough and the longer it goes, the more the pressure mounts for the Braves.

Reactions: barrylee
Looks like how all the teachers decorated their rooms back in the late 90's...
bb7db7d9e45dab8ee98b3bbd6cf5f77e.jpg

That was a cool way to do that. I’d like to see the Lions win a super bowl one of these days. Their fans deserve it. They’ve had a bad team to support for a long time. I always loved watching Barry Sanders on Thanksgiving as a kid. A shame they made him so miserable he retired earlier than he had to.

Did you watch the game? I don’t think anyone can play worse than Dayne Davis did. The kid has no field awareness. I mean he doesn’t even look to come off the double team if there is an additional blitzer…. Also, he was literally getting pushed around the entire game.
It truly was absolutely awful, and I believe he, or I should say Ole Miss's cheap shot on Cade injuring him out of the game, was the reason the offense was comparatively struggling.

Yeah he struggled, but that could have been not being prepared to play. Idk. I gave him a helluva hard time but stepping back, that had to be a hard position to be put in as a former walk on. Toward The end of the game, he got a little more comfortable and got more help.
has he ever even played before? That’s the first I’ve ever noticed him.

I just saw mostly a serious lack of lateral quickness. He doesn't move well enough to play T in the SEC.

You mean after Fried? The best pitcher starter on the staff? Morton is arguably better. I am not saying they are going to lose. It is just that the two pitchers left for the Dodgers can be very tough and the longer it goes, the more the pressure mounts for the Braves.
Scherzer hasn’t pitched the Braves well and Anderson is a stud too. Fried had an off night and we unloaded the crap bullpen to rest our main bullpen. If you think who we brought in was normal then you don’t watch the Braves. Lee literally pitched two games all year. Our best bullpen pitchers have had two days off now. Braves could only have asked to win one in LA and doing it early made last night easier to unload some pitchers and save some for a potential game six. We are exactly where we want and could have hoped to be.

I preferred the old system better honestly…. It would have been the Brewers versus the Giants for the right to go to the world series…. 3 divisions waters some of the divisions down too much…. Of course I just preferred baseball period from the 80’s…. It’s been a steady decline ever since, imo.

Too much TV money to be made. But was a better time or we are just old.

Looking at next years schedule (I know early), I see 7 wins easy. Could get 8-10 as well.

Ball State: W
Pitt: W (no Pickett and they are an old team too)
Akron: W
UF: (60/40)
LSU: (50/50)
Bama: (75/25)
UT-Martin: W
Kentucky: (50:50) Although we own them and I could see Stoops getting a big job this year and we roll them.
Georgia: (75/25)
Missouri: W
South Car: W
Vandy: W

7-5 floor to me.
60/40 chances to beat a team we’ve lost to the last 15 out 16? (Obligatory):
C64085E9-208B-40A0-BD2B-5F090720BAAA.gif

Reactions: VolByLaw
Hot take: JG was our best QB available and stats show that he was….. you cannot play a true freshman without any practice at all….The other two although they had their moments proved to be as bad or worse than JG….. I think that all goes back to our Chris wrinkle who proved he was bad at his job more than once.

That may be true, but him not starting at WSU is a sign that he is not good. Just shows how bad our recruiting and/or developing has been.

Reactions: OrangenSC
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back