Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Uhhh what. That's not good. So much for Hooker having any time if we are on our 3rd (?) string tackle vs Bama.
Unfortunately with Cade out and the current O line situation, I don't think it matters-- Hooker was never going to have any time behind our O line against bama unless we were at full strength... that's why I am in the "sit Hooker" camp with KY, SA, and Vandy still there to win...

Reactions: tomq_123
We had better give help to Crawford…#31 for Bama is a terror off the edge. I hope Darnell matches up with him some. I really want to see how he holds up against an elite edge guy. I am impressed how much he has improved.

This is where Tiyon is needed. He is our best pass pro RB. The two games he has missed has been two of our worst in terms of protection

I can’t wait for basketball season as well. I think Kennedy will take us to the 30+ win mark this season. He’s so dynamic and gets everyone involved on the floor.
Basketball picked 4th in the preseason SEC Poll
Women’s Basketball picked 2nd in the preseason SEC Poll
Softball doing well nationally ranked as usual
Baseball doing very well just brought in the 5th ranked class highest since 2005 for us
And Football looks to finally be on the right track with Heupel… pretty good stuff. Danny White will have us in good shape in terms of funds and program infrastructure as well. GBO

We have reached the point in this Bama dynasty where the bandwagon fans have recruited/influenced another tier of Bama bandwagon fans.

I've never met so many people three or four times removed from having a reason at all to be a Bama fan, that are die hard Bama.

Nowadays, I meet a Bama "fan" and I ask them how long they've been a Bama fan, or what their connection is, and it takes them damn near 5 full minutes of talking to explain their connection.
They aren't "die hard Alabama fans"...they will crawl back into the 💩ty bandwagon fan hole they crawled out of as soon as the Gumpers fortunes change.

SE Kentucky is full of em...they make me puke. I tell them....don't start cheering on UK now that you have a good coach.

Your not getting a Rattler or what would be considered an elite talent transfer at QB if Hooker comes back anyway. You would have to settle for a mid road guy or someone like Milton that is talented but for whatever reason it didn’t work out at current place and their stock is down. Or tell Tayven look we love you but we need to take 2 QBs to fill the room as we can’t go through next season with just two guys. If Hooker goes Pro which is possible in a weaker class of QBs then the door opens wide for a big time QB talent to walk in the door.

They aren't "die hard Alabama fans"...they will crawl back into the 💩ty bandwagon fan hole they crawled out of as soon as the Gumpers fortunes change.

SE Kentucky is full of em...they make me puke. I tell them....don't start cheering on UK now that you have a good coach.

How many Alabama Football/Kentucky Basketball fans do you know?

Looking at next years schedule (I know early), I see 7 wins easy. Could get 8-10 as well.

Ball State: W
Pitt: W (no Pickett and they are an old team too)
Akron: W
UF: (60/40)
LSU: (50/50)
Bama: (75/25)
UT-Martin: W
Kentucky: (50:50) Although we own them and I could see Stoops getting a big job this year and we roll them.
Georgia: (75/25)
Missouri: W
South Car: W
Vandy: W

7-5 floor to me.
Should be no worse than 4-1 heading into Bama game. 7-5 is meh, 8-4 is improvement but not great. Anything better than 8-4 is successful imo

Reactions: Smyrna ATL Vol
Crawford will struggle, but Dayne was nearly useless and the biggest reason our offense struggled. I appreciate his effort and all, and that part is inspiring, plus I don't want to rip him because it is not his fault...but he just isn't talented enough to play in this league...he should never see the field at a program like UT, but that is just the reality of our ultra thin roster right now.

I think with our coaches working with him over time he could become at least solid..Ollie has gotten better the more he had played.

Crawford?

Would love for Pitt to beat Clemson. I think they pull it off. Clemson offense is just so inept and their OL will have trouble with aggressive pressures. If you can’t have a better performance off a bye vs Syracuse than you did then it’s clear it’s a schematic issue that can’t be fixed in season
Pitt by double digits for sure.

We have reached the point in this Bama dynasty where the bandwagon fans have recruited/influenced another tier of Bama bandwagon fans.

I've never met so many people three or four times removed from having a reason at all to be a Bama fan, that are die hard Bama.

Nowadays, I meet a Bama "fan" and I ask them how long they've been a Bama fan, or what their connection is, and it takes them damn near 5 full minutes of talking to explain their connection.
I've told this story before: in 17, I was working up here in PA with "die hard" Bama fans, FROM Alabama. Pruitt was hired, next morning I asked one of them if they saw who UT had hired, told him it was Pruitt, he said, "who's he?" Had no idea.

I’ll trust Hype. If he brings him in, then I’m all for it. We need to realize that good QBs don’t grow on trees. If you can get a sure fire QB, get him. We will likely be down to Hooker and Jackson next year. We need someone who can step up in case of an injury and win. Rattler would put up big numbers in this offense.

yeah, I’d kick the tires on him.
He’s had much more success playing QB At a high level than Joe Milton.
Maybe this Oklahoma experience humbled him.
He’d definitely be the most talented QB Heupel has ever had. (Makenzie Milton included) ...

Reactions: Smyrna ATL Vol
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back