Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
You should qualify this though. Mitchell has only played in 2 of 4 games.

But yeah everyone was pretty rough on Crouch, and his stats at MSU are better than any other UT LB (even Henry T at Bama). So maybe it was more coaching than player...since we're also seeing Banks showing out with better coaching.
Mitchell has played in 3 games and 2 of those were weak opponents.

Thanks

Any chance Milton gets the nod anyways ?

Not sure, VQ made it sound like Hooker would get the nod but nothing definitive:

The Vols will make the trip with quarterback Hendon Hooker. Hooker has been on the practice field every day this week. He’s taken most all of the first team reps and as Josh Heupel said Wednesday night on VolCalls he’s getting closer to 100%. Joe Milton is available if needed this week as well.

Mitchell has played in 3 games and 2 of those were weak opponents.
I don’t understand how Garland isn’t playing more, he moves extremely well and plays hard. He needs to be playing more than Mitchell. Some personnel decisions have been very questioning so far. Maybe they are trying to figure players out still.

The problem is we spent all off-season just running Cooper at C. I think Carvin can play the position very well, but if you run basically the same lineup all off-season then you get an injury and you're scrambling.

What's hurting us is Lane is the next best interior option...not a knock on Ollie, good on him earning that but there are more physically gifted guys behind him that are really disappointing if they can't get on the field ahead of him.

Charles is gonna be a stud. McDonald needs to play safety. Then plenty of young talent at corner with slaughter, Rucker, Turnage, Haddon. I’m not worried about the secondary.
I know it was TTU but when those guys got playing time, they were flying... looked as good if not better than the starters outside of Alontae and Theo

Reactions: Smyrna ATL Vol
Basically....tomorrow it'll come down to whether or not the OL can pass protect. Cause Missouri's rush defense is very bad...and if they stack the box to try and make it not very bad we'll need to be able to take advantage and throw on them, which requires pass protection.

If we see a stacked box and can't take advantage of it in the passing game then we're in trouble.

Dude stared this job in the eyes. And took a chance. Won 12 games at UCF, UCF! Won a Heistman, and a Nat.

All he's done is win.
And I still haven’t seen anyone post anything objective showing that Kiffin is the great coach they think he is. He’s done nothing but score a lot of points.

After a few years, well for many after a few games, the fun of high scoring would wear off and they’d be complaining that he isn’t winning enough soon enough. He would start to wear on fans because he hasn’t and can’t win championship. And championships are what we want.

The Kiffin love is irrational at best.

I think the assault & battery that went with WEED was part of the problem. Those guys didn't just get caught with weed, they broke into someone's room and stole.
But when you pick and choose the details you see and remember, you can reach whatever conclusion you want to.

I love Jennings… but have you forgotten what Patterson was capable of every time he touched the ball?

Tough call between very different players. Patterson isn't really a true WR, he's a returner/RB/gadget player who has averaged under 10 yds/catch in the NFL. I just watched a 12 minute YouTube video of his NFL highlights over 8 seasons and there were only about 5-6 downfield passes. Most of them are kick returns or toss sweeps as a RB or flips to him on jet sweeps when he lines up as a WR. I'm not sure how he'd fit in with the offense Heupel wants to run, but he could probably make it work. I think we just need a player like Jennings for the leadership and attitude he brings, along with being a more conventional WR. Either one would certainly improve our current roster.

But when you pick and choose the details you see and remember, you can reach whatever conclusion you want to.

What's their to pick and choose about the fact he was involved with multiple incidents with UTPD and also caught with possession of marijuana? Whatever was going on with him while here wasn't good, seemed the best thing was for him to head somewhere else and that's what happened.

Reactions: OrangenSC
Well I don’t want to burst your bubble but he didn’t record any stats in one of the games which is why it only shows 2. He played in 3 games.

Yeah I thought he played in the TTU game, or at least I thought I saw him. The only game I'm 100% positive he didn't play in was against Bowling Green. Point was/is that he's played less snaps than Banks or Crouch (the two we were comparing him to). Sill he's been disappointing so far considering how much experience he had coming in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back