Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Money is more important than football victories.

Undervalued post IMO.

We view the sport/Vols one way. The powers that be with each of the past administration since Joe Johnson and Doug Dickey retired view it a different way that involves them maintaining their lifestyles, status and income level. It is a means to an end while taking advantages of us viewing it as the end. As they lose the end, they lose us. But while the process is unfolding they sell hope and belief in a brighter future - so they personally succeed. Let's not deceive ourselves into buying into they are doing this for the greater good of all of Vol nation or honor the university's state charter. They want to climb the social and national power structure ladder. Once that fails, they move on and fans are left high and dry like they have for quite awhile.

How else can you explain the hirings of football HC's going back to and including Kiffin? How else can you explain holding onto Phil and going back to the future bringing Cut back for a couple of years to save his tail when the game had passed Phil by? How else can you explain the crazy fired coach wins the day contracts that came out of UT? How else can you explain taking advantage of donors and season ticket holders as they have for decades while putting crap product out on the field? How else can you explain the stupid basketball and baseball hires before Barnes and Voltello, the Pearl firing, and so on?

It remains to be seen if Randy, Donde and Danny can pull it all back together and smooth it over. But it has to be for the purpose of putting winning sports products out there first and foremost. Money follows winning when it comes to fan support - not the reverse.

Reactions: RiotVol
“I mean, coming into the game, I mean, that was a different-looking team than I saw last year, to be honest with you,” Mullen said during his postgame press conference. “How they played, the intensity, the toughness, the physicalness they played with, you know, I give them some credit. I think they’re a much-improved football team.”

~Mullen
Classy moment. Didn’t know he had it in him.

Really? Who besides Big Jim is still powermongering? I'd be curious to know.
Big Jim is like 90 years old. Not to be grim, but he can't have too much longer left. I'd imagine Junior is too busy with the Browns to care too much about interfering here. Not sure about Bill.

Danny white is one person. Please let me know how many other administrators changed since Pruitt was fired? AD and who else? Are most of the others who made that idiotic move still there? The answer is yes. And just to let you know, Danny White isn’t some savior. I think he is a good AD but I know some VFLs that he pissed off and rubbed the wrong way. He’s still trying to make up for it.
A good AD controls the rest of the administration….. that is why we were so strong during the 90’s….. Dickey controlled the sports teams…The only problem with Dickey was only truly cared about football….. I’m sure Danny White will piss alot of people off….. he is completely trying to change how we handle everything…. It’s time to rip that bandaid off and go for it…. I’m tired of losing.

If we just win football games these egotistical donors forming a “mutiny” will stfu or they can gtfo. They’ll be plenty of money to go around and plenty of butts in seats.

It all comes back to supply and demand. Demand low, prices are low. Demand high, prices are high. I just don't see demand as being high. Ask yourself this question... why is someone paying the kind of money to retain a quality seat in Neyland? I'd bet you most would say something along the lines of "They've been our seats for a long time and we don't want to lose them." If they had the option of not getting them for a few years and then getting them back when they wanted them, I bet many would. That's why many get them and then sell them.

Some sell them, but a lot of people have been giving tickets away or donating them to charities for years now. UT has been begging donors to keep seats for years and long-time donors have complied. UT needed to overhaul the ticket structure, and most donors would agree with that. But loyalty goes both ways, and as you point out, demand isn't at a high point right now. When you can't give away prime seats for home games, the trajectory isn't where you want it to be. We'll see how it works out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back