Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
After today's games my prediction for the rest of the year....

FL - Loss, confidence level 80%
MO - Loss, confidence level 60%
SC - Win, confidence level 70%
MS - Loss, confidence level 70%
AL - Loss, confidence level 99%
KY - Loss, confidence level 60%
GA - Loss, confidence level 90%
SA - Win, confidence level 90%
VA - win, confidence level 90%

That puts us at 5-7. Missing a bowl. That's why I believed that the Pitt game was so big to get bowl eligible. The Pitt loss was a bad one, today proved that. It's going to be a long season.
Pitt is better than UK and/or Mizzou. If we can play them that closely with arguably as many self inflicted blows as I've ever seen us have, we can beat one of those two.

Pitt is better than UK and/or Mizzou. If we can play them that closely with arguably as many self inflicted blows as I've ever seen us have, we can beat one of those two.
I don't think Pitt is better than either KY or MO. Pitt got beat my Western Michigan today. Western Michigan isn't a good football team. Both MO and KY are much better teams than the Vols are right now plus both games are on the road. We'll be underdogs in both games. I don't give us much chance of beating either.

I don't think Pitt is better than either KY or MO. Pitt got beat my Western Michigan today. Western Michigan isn't a good football team. Both MO and KY are much better teams than the Vols are right now plus both games are on the road. We'll be underdogs in both games. I don't give us much chance of beating either.
Someone is as arguing with me today that Pitt was the 4th best team we will play this year ?!?!?

They are awful.

The SEC put out a statement that said it should have been reviewed and stopped when the official waved his arms.

The MSU players never possessed the ball so it actually was live but the ref blew the play dead and it should not have been a TD.

Plus Memphis had two players on the field with the same jersey number so it should’ve been a 5 yard penalty.

For the record the McCullough interception was all luck. McCullough wasn’t even near the receiver like he should of been and got lucky because of an over throw.

If the QB throws that ball like it should of been they have a 30+ yd gain on us. Because he is never and I mean never within arms reach of a receiver who is about to catch the ball.

If McCullough starts next week against Florida (which he will) they are going to kill us in the middle of the field. Guaranteed.

Is he not the one that broke up several slants today?

Is he not the one that broke up several slants today?
He broke up two passes and they were good pass breakups but they were against QBs who could barely throw and receivers who did nothing all game.

Until he proves it against a good team in out on him still. Pitt killed us when they threw at him.

Reactions: VolNash17
Seriously, I don't get all the negativity. Truthfully, except for the best of the best, most games are essentially toss ups. I don't get this talk that KY and Missouri are better than us. KY barely beat UT-Chattanooga. Mizzou lost to KY. I can understand considering Bama, UGA, and UF almost certain losses. Those teams are currently juggernauts in college football. But any other team on the schedule is beatable. Doesn't mean we will beat them, but we can beat them. Even losing to a team doesn't mean they are "better". It just means they were "better" that day. They executed better and took advantage of the breaks.

This is a strange football year. Top 25 could lose to Harriet's Nun school on a given week. (Obviously, these chosen teams are not top 25) I was reading what I wrote during the game and have decided not to post when we are playing. I wasn't sure if Hooker was the man for the job, but did he really do that bad? Yes, not a good team but it was 56-0-- especially when you see Kentucky and others teams struggling against FBS teams who had already lost games to mediocre opponents.

He broke up two passes and they were good pass breakups but they were against QBs who could barely throw and receivers who did nothing all game.

Until he proves it against a good team in out on him still. Pitt killed us when they threw at him.
Tank is just a step slow on every play. Living up to his nickname I guess.

If I am Florida, I load the box and play zone behind it - make Tennessee throw it.

On offense they will run run and run some more - the d line might play well for a quarter but that’s it. Our front 7 isn’t good enough or deep enough to hang.

I am afraid that they do not have to load the box to stop our run game.

I’m undecided about who I rather have start between Milton and Hooker. I see the upside of Milton, but that 50% completion and all the overthrows has me thinking Hooker should start. Then I think about Hooker and his fumbling and lack of down the field throws makes me want Milton to start. 🤷🏽‍♂️
I fully believe Milton gives us the best chance to win against teams with a pulse, because he gives the offense the best chance to work to its full potential. It’s all about the potential of the offense, and that’s completely dependent on Joe hitting some of the deep balls. Let’s hope it starts happening this Saturday night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back