Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anyone explain the Memphis punt return play against MSU to me? How was that not a dead ball, and how's is that not reviewable especially when the back judge marked where it was dead?
The SEC put out a statement that said it should have been reviewed and stopped when the official waved his arms.

The MSU players never possessed the ball so it actually was live but the ref blew the play dead and it should not have been a TD.

Saturday thoughts
Auburn and Florida impressed in losses.
Alabama played a B-game and still won in the swamp.
Georgia looked pretty good, but not elite imo.
Clemson... Look out, there's a couple ACC teams that can beat this Clemson team this year.
FSU... The only program making me feel better.
Miami.. Not great.
When TF did Iowa become a top 5 team?

Florida is gonna crush us next week. Sorry. Figured I'd get that out of the way now.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend folks.

I agree with all your thoughts. But I think UGA Defense is elite. Offense is serviceable

Florida will whoop us - 17+

I’m undecided about who I rather have start between Milton and Hooker. I see the upside of Milton, but that 50% completion and all the overthrows has me thinking Hooker should start. Then I think about Hooker and his fumbling and lack of down the field throws makes me want Milton to start. 🤷🏽‍♂️
I don't even care anymore...they all suck...I just want the one that is going to suck the least to be the starter on any given day..😒

I agree with all your thoughts. But I think UGA Defense is elite. Offense is serviceable

Florida will whoop us - 17+
I think they win by at least 21...it could get really ugly when the D gets worn out from that dude running all over like a chicken with his head cut off.

If I am Florida, I load the box and play zone behind it - make Tennessee throw it.

On offense they will run run and run some more - the d line might play well for a quarter but that’s it. Our front 7 isn’t good enough or deep enough to hang.

Reactions: Vols4us
After today's games my prediction for the rest of the year....

FL - Loss, confidence level 80%
MO - Loss, confidence level 60%
SC - Win, confidence level 70%
MS - Loss, confidence level 70%
AL - Loss, confidence level 99%
KY - Loss, confidence level 60%
GA - Loss, confidence level 90%
SA - Win, confidence level 90%
VA - win, confidence level 90%

That puts us at 5-7. Missing a bowl. That's why I believed that the Pitt game was so big to get bowl eligible. The Pitt loss was a bad one, today proved that. It's going to be a long season.

The SEC put out a statement that said it should have been reviewed and stopped when the official waved his arms.

The MSU players never possessed the ball so it actually was live but the ref blew the play dead and it should not have been a TD.
Also said Memphis state had two number 4s on the field at the same time. Should have been a penalty.

Last edited:
After today's games my prediction for the rest of the year....

FL - Loss, confidence level 80%
MO - Loss, confidence level 60%
SC - Win, confidence level 70%
MS - Loss, confidence level 70%
AL - Loss, confidence level 99%
KY - Loss, confidence level 60%
GA - Loss, confidence level 90%
SA - Win, confidence level 90%
VA - win, confidence level 90%

That puts us at 5-7. Missing a bowl. That's why I believed that the Pitt game was so big to get bowl eligible. The Pitt loss was a bad one, today proved that. It's going to be a long season.
Starting the season I thought we were a 6 win team with 5 being the bottom. After seeing just how little talent we have I now believe 4 is the bottom. There's still a longshot at 6 but I really don't see it, I agree this is probably a 5 win team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back