Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Curious - based on what? We could certainly win, but not seeing a blowout by either team by any means either. Think both defenses could do well. These early season offenses (p5 vs p5) are a**. Cept UCLA. Chip's boys looked good.
If Milton plays up to his ability...we will destroy them, but you know how I feel about the odds of that happening..but it could.

I’ve never understood that notion that the defense/offense will be exhausted, look these dudes are athletes, say we do go fast pace and we go 3 and out, you’ve given your guys almost 3 minutes of rest plus media timeouts…. They can recover in that amount of time.

Also, the only way to completely rest a defense/offense would be if you had “long drawn out drives” honestly our team is more suited for all of this because that’s how they have practiced, other teams are the ones who would suffer like BGs players who kept getting cramps because they aren’t used to this tempo.

You didn’t see a single one of our guys go down to muscle fatigue or fatigue in general.

I like Leach. He would have given me a great reason to like Tennessee (when they aren’t playing UF), but it didn’t happen.

But even I can admit it’s inevitable that he’s ran out at Miss State. It just ain’t working there.
He's 1 game into Y2. By his history, typically takes him 3 years to get things going. Not sure if he'll excel there, but he could be consistent, similar to Mullen.

I just called him to confirm this story because I didn’t want to misrepresent him or get it wrong..

But he said someone in his squadron saw a kid crying alone off the street, so he asked them to hold up, so he could help him out or ask what’s wrong.. he was told no by the squad leader and got bent out of shape about how cruel that was.

A few hours later, they got word down the pipeline that a suicide bombing happened near where the kid was. Turns out, the kid was strapped to explode and was either crying to bait soldiers to his aid.. or crying because he knew he was about to die.

Either way, that’s the most harrowing story a former military man has told me personally.

Edit: for those wanting a specific location.. he couldn’t give one since it was a decade ago now. But it was in Kandahar.
My former boss was a Major in the Army and was one of the first waves into Mogidischu back in ‘93 (Blackhawk Down). He said the Somlians would take somolian babies and throw them into convoys (killing them) knowing that Americans were compassionate so they’d stop and then they’d open fire on the the convoy. Therefore he’d have to instruct his men not to stop under any circumstance which they didn’t understand. He also said he had to calm his guys with the 50 cals not to open up when they saw barbaric acts like that (according to him all t time) because Christiane Amanpoure was taking any opportunity to get on CNN and misrepresent any situation that came up. Some of the craziest stories I ever heard.

My former boss was a Major in the Army and was one of the first waves into Mogidischu back in ‘93 (Blackhawk Down). He said the Somlians would take somolian babies and throw them into convoys (killing them) knowing that Americans were compassionate so they’d stop and then they’d open fire on the the convoy. Therefore he’d have to instruct his men not to stop under any circumstance which they didn’t understand. He also said he had to calm his guys with the 50 cals not to open up when they saw barbaric acts like that (according to him all t time) because Christiane Amanpoure was taking any opportunity to get on CNN and misrepresent any situation that came up. Some of the craziest stories I ever heard.
I think it took Americans, and the western world as a whole, way too long to realize that guerrilla fighters don’t play by the same rules we do. You can date that all the way back to mustard gas in WWI, the appeasement of WWII.. hell, even the way we fought in the American revolution was “savagery” compared to the British.

And now we spend more time on diversity training than actual military training. We’re boned.

This is the bottom of CBS Sports’s team rankings of FBS teams. Looks like Pitt didn’t learn much about itself either this first game:View attachment 392276

So that huge win UK is getting so much praise over was against a team ranked 126. We produced a similar outcome against 128 and the storyline couldn't be any more different. Kentucky is ready to take over the East and possibly the world based on a 35 pt win against the 126th ranked team whereas our 32 point win over 128 means that sky is falling.

CBS has the Cats at 35 right now and us at 68. Pitt is 41 right behind Memphis.

So that huge win UK is getting so much praise over was against a team ranked 126. We produced a similar outcome against 128 and the storyline couldn't be any more different. Kentucky is ready to take over the East and possibly the world based on a 35 pt win against the 126th ranked team whereas our 32 point win over 128 means that sky is falling.

And the Pitt QB is Joe Montana...while he played against guys who couldn't walk and chew gum at the same time

Reactions: Glitch
So, I am 100% sure that the person I spoke to today and tonight at Fieldhouse Social is on this thread. Pretty much confirmed it. Spoke about it.
U r a scumbag. Ate and drank and then left without paying his tab. Waiter asked us if he was our friend since we spoke all day.

In a time when people are not showing up to work. In a time when wait staff is working 10 hour days to make up for the losers sitting on their couches. U r the a hole that thinks he can drink and eat all day and walk out.

U give Tennessee a bad name.

Jerk
1630879825116.gif

How good did our strength look Thursday? I was impressed.

I can remember games vs scrubs in recent years where we couldn't simply punch it in the endzone at will, our DL couldn't push, our OL couldn't push, our LBs would fall back vs RBs and our RBs would get stood up vs LBs. We were the ones gaining all those little advantages all night. Was very pleased with all that.
Agree totally. I’ll never forget that Utah State game. We won handily so there wasn’t too much to complain about, but got absolutely zero push on the offensive line.

I remember “smart” football people saying that was a red flag, and it turned out to be true.

Just makes it all the sweeter when we WDA

Agree totally. I’ll never forget that Utah State game. We won handily so there wasn’t too much to complain about, but got absolutely zero push on the offensive line.

I remember “smart” football people saying that was a red flag, and it turned out to be true.
App State a few years back was perfect example. They whipped us on both lines.

We’ve got plenty of games coming up to make our mark.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back