Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know it was just Bowling Green but who else is excited about the potential on Defense? I love how they flew to the ball, ran side line to side line effectively, and made tackles. This whole team on both sides are new to each other so I think the week 1 to week 2 progression will be huge for all of them. I still think we surprise some folks and Bowling Green was a perfect opportunity for us to get a nice W but get some film to improve on.

Watching our defense and watching Georgia yesterday made me think that could be a sneaky good game in November if we stay healthy. Their defense is filthy but maybe we could grind out a 13-10 type upset. Time will tell.

Pitt is super aggressive on defense. Their front 7 attacks. Will be a big test for our OL, specifically it’s communication and picking up blitzers (something Friend’s lines could never do). I definitely expect more single high safety looks and more put on Milton and our WRs to make plays.

So that huge win UK is getting so much praise over was against a team ranked 126. We produced a similar outcome against 128 and the storyline couldn't be any more different. Kentucky is ready to take over the East and possibly the world based on a 35 pt win against the 126th ranked team whereas our 32 point win over 128 means that sky is falling.

CBS has the Cats at 35 right now and us at 68. Pitt is 41 right behind Memphis.

People overreacting to week 1 as usual. Lol Oklahoma almost lost to Tulane for goodness sake

Pitt is super aggressive on defense. Their front 7 attacks. Will be a big test for our OL, specifically it’s communication and picking up blitzers (something Friend’s lines could never do). I definitely expect more single high safety looks and more put on Milton and our WRs to make plays.

I can see us tearing Pitt up on some HB screens and jump balls to Cedric.

So that huge win UK is getting so much praise over was against a team ranked 126. We produced a similar outcome against 128 and the storyline couldn't be any more different. Kentucky is ready to take over the East and possibly the world based on a 35 pt win against the 126th ranked team whereas our 32 point win over 128 means that sky is falling.

CBS has the Cats at 35 right now and us at 68. Pitt is 41 right behind Memphis.
Hate to say it, but UK dominated their opponent far more, play for play. These are the sort of stats few teams ever put up, regardless of opponent. The last time we did was 2009 vs WKU. That said, even that team only went 7-6 (and a blocked FG from beating Alabama for Saban's 1st title there 😪). Definitely no guarantee, but it's certainly a nice indicator for them to at least be a decent team, cannot lie.

UK
564 vs 87 yards (+477)
8.43 vs 1.38 YPP (7.05)

UT
475 vs 219 yards (+256)
5.40 vs 3.59 YPP (+1.81)

Hate to say it, but UK dominated their opponent far more, play for play. These are the sort of stats few teams ever put up, regardless of opponent. The last time we did was 2009 vs WKU. That said, even that team only went 7-6 (and a blocked FG from beating Alabama for Saban's 1st title there 😪). Definitely no guarantee, but it's certainly a nice indicator for them to at least be a decent team, cannot lie.

UK
564 vs 87 yards (+477)
8.43 vs 1.38 YPP (7.05)

UT
475 vs 219 yards (+256)
5.40 vs 3.59 YPP (+1.81)
what’s our total if Jalin actually
Catches about 3 passes you think? One would have been a long catch and run.

UK
564 vs 87 yards (+477)
8.43 vs 1.38 YPP (7.05)

UT
475 vs 219 yards (+256)
5.40 vs 3.59 YPP (+1.81)

You completely missed the point.

Reactions: Orangeredblooded

This is what’s wrong with the sport.

Only way to fix it is to get gud.

Honestly, I think the new recruiting limit rule will be huge. Saban (and many other coaches) took advantage of the old rules to flip his roster, then, the rule went away and it made it that much harder for unestablished schools to catch the established.

I hate the idea of a bigger playoff. I hate people passing the blame onto others. Tennessee hasn’t sucked bc of Alabama, UGA, OU and OSt. We haven’t sucked because a playoff system. We know why we’ve sucked. Utter incompetence at all levels of the program. Boosters who don’t care. Presidents and Chancellors who don’t value the impact football can have on the university. ADs that lack the charisma and competence to bring it all together, enabling them to go after and make the right hire. We have sucked because of our own incompetence. Same with Nebraska. Same with USC and Texas and Miami and FSU. It’s nobody’s fault but our own.

I’ve never understood that notion that the defense/offense will be exhausted, look these dudes are athletes, say we do go fast pace and we go 3 and out, you’ve given your guys almost 3 minutes of rest plus media timeouts…. They can recover in that amount of time.

Also, the only way to completely rest a defense/offense would be if you had “long drawn out drives” honestly our team is more suited for all of this because that’s how they have practiced, other teams are the ones who would suffer like BGs players who kept getting cramps because they aren’t used to this tempo.

You didn’t see a single one of our guys go down to muscle fatigue or fatigue in general.
To your and Devo's points, these are all athletes on both sides of the ball, but not all trained/conditioned the same way. Plus, we (should) know where we're going to line for those 8 seconds. The other team doesn't. I hear announcers say all the time that playing in the rain favors the offense because they know where they're going and the defense has to react. I think that factors into CJH's philosophy as well.

And yes, Georgia's defense looked really good last night, especially since they scored the ONLY touchdown of the game. But I wonder how they will do lining up in those 8 seconds. Better than BG did, no doubt, but I bet not as well as they did last night against Clemson. Their offense is going to have to do a lot better if they're going to win anything.

Reactions: cHiZzLeVOL
I don’t like how we match up against Pitt.

They have a seasoned QB and good O line.

Their defense is very good. Front 7 and back end are going to be a nightmare for us if we can’t find a rhythm.

It will come down to us making first downs and making positive plays on first and second down.
6-5 team last year in weak af conference. Not scared of them at all. Just gotta play ball.

Kind of amazing that we lost a player like Eric Gray and didn't feel it. The grade shows that it was likely not a fluke performance.

I am all in on Tyion.

Running backs is the one position where you either have “IT” or you don’t.

coaching helps you see down & distance situations but it can’t teach you vision, juke, cut, & GO!

Only way to fix it is to get gud.

Honestly, I think the new recruiting limit rule will be huge. Saban (and many other coaches) took advantage of the old rules to flip his roster, then, the rule went away and it made it that much harder for unestablished schools to catch the established.

I hate the idea of a bigger playoff. I hate people passing the blame onto others. Tennessee hasn’t sucked bc of Alabama, UGA, OU and OSt. We haven’t sucked because a playoff system. We know why we’ve sucked. Utter incompetence at all levels of the program. Boosters who don’t care. Presidents and Chancellors who don’t value the impact football can have on the university. ADs that lack the charisma and competence to bring it all together, enabling them to go after and make the right hire. We have sucked because of our own incompetence. Same with Nebraska. Same with USC and Texas and Miami and FSU. It’s nobody’s fault but our own.

Nick Saban And Alabama Have Dominated The SEC. But Who Have The Tide Rolled The Most?

I’m taking my family to the Tennessee Tech game in a couple of weeks. My little girl is six and my little boy is three. It will be their first Tennessee game. I’m super pumped about it. I really want them to love the University of Tennessee as much as I do.
Then keep taking them to cup cake games for a while.

I don’t like how we match up against Pitt.

They have a seasoned QB and good O line.

Their defense is very good. Front 7 and back end are going to be a nightmare for us if we can’t find a rhythm.

It will come down to us making first downs and making positive plays on first and second down.
Yes yes...Pitt is the 72 🐬 🙄

No. What he did to Mat was criminal. And he brought his obnoxious, "explain every single detail like everyone reading is a toddler" style. And my goodness, I'd hate to have a conversation with him based on the dialog he writes, so so awkward. I was super disappointed in his conclusion of the series.
I couldn't disagree more. I love Sanderson. It is clear we are not going to agree, so I will just chalk this one up to different strokes for different folks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back