Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
They would rather be Yale or Harvard instead of having decent sport teams. If they aren't careful, once Barnes leaves, basketball may go back to the dump. If Vitello leaves, then you can kiss baseball goodbye as well. Like you said, they need to get their **** together. I hate to say it, but no one cares about school lmao.

Eventually they will lose every fan, and won't make money at all, so at the same time, I don't care what they do because if they fail again, we can all just laugh at them.
Danny White has been here 8-9 months…. Give him time and support him…. He kept Vitello….. is raising money to fix the baseball stadium….. had a block party for the fans…. Reinvigorated students and brought them back into the stadium…. He will get the job done….. we finally have someone running our AD the right way.

It was driving me crazy.. He was hurt so bad. Tough guy-- I like the guys who are left. They are loyal, hard working and gutsy. Just need more of them.
He knew the calls at the line would move a lot slower with him out and they did. You could tell he was frustrated after the delay of game on the fourth down right after he came out of the game.

I just dont understand it, he spreads the D out in the passing game, but then wants to run outside, there's a numbers advantage in the box, and you have a personell advantage, since teams are going to use an extra DB when we spread out wide. Also safties are going to have a bit wider split, which gives the RB a bigger advantage

Spot on. Add in our O-line is more adept at that style of blocking. We've got a bunch of mauling hogs on that line. They are not pulling, mobile shielders. That's where the advantage is. Make the opponents sell out to stopping it between the tackles and then you have open passing lanes for slants, posts, go routes, TE hitches, etc. along with the bubbles and some jet sweep type action that works. When they move back out to stop that, go back inside with the run game.

Reactions: mr.checkerboards
Baseball and Basketball seem to doing OK with recruits. Give these guys some time.

For now. He is saying the administration doesn’t care. Once Barnes retires, they better have a just as good replacement lined up, same goes for baseball if Vitello leaves.

Do you trust this administration to fix those things, once they happen? I don’t. We will have Serrano and Tyndall again type coaches again.

We have transitioned into caring more about academics then we do sports.

Exactly. I hate to tell them but they aren't going to fill these new fancy seats unless the product on the field is worth a damn

They are going to lose long-time donors who have remained loyal to UT through good times and bad-- a lot of bad. Hoping to churn the donor base in their favor is one thing-- pushing all their chips in on it is a big risk.

Danny White has been here 8-9 months…. Give him time and support him…. He kept Vitello….. is raising money to fix the baseball stadium….. had a block party for the fans…. Reinvigorated students and brought them back into the stadium…. He will get the job done….. we finally have someone running our AD the right way.

Talking about in the future.

Right now, means nothing to me. Sorry to say but it is what it is. Come back in a few years and ask me how I feel.

9 months of work doesn’t make up for the last 15 years. Again, it sucks to say that because it isn’t his fault, but he took the job and yes so far he has done a great job, but I’m not gonna sing his praises this soon.

Yeah we need to calm down and allow this program to grow…. We are starting from the bottom right now.
Though I agree with you, you also have an administration that has tied its head coaches hands behind its back. They have killed any chance to recruit well with pending sanctions and we can't cheat like the rest of the SEC because we want to be a beacon of light in the NCAA. I don't blame Danny White for that, but it doesn't change the fact we cant do what we need to in recruiting to get better. I like CJH , I think he can work out well here, but I don't know if we can ever get the horses we really need to compete anymore. All because we laid everything out there for the NCAA just so we wouldn't have to pay Pruitt's buyout. And as we have seen in the past, the NCAA will not give you any pass for cooperating in any way. It was a dumb strategy and we will pay for it for many years.

They are going to lose long-time donors who have remained loyal to UT through good times and bad-- a lot of bad. Hoping to churn the donor base in their favor is one thing-- pushing all their chips in on it is a big risk.
This, they're going to push those guys out, and there isn't new blood to bring in.

Lol Big 10 team should beat all of those programs. Show me every player that has signed for this upcoming class.

You’re just looking for a reason. Might as well sit back and relax. He’s here. Not going anywhere.

If you would have been arguing for Dave Doeren this morning I might have sided with you for a second.
I was so annoyed during that game. The announcers kept saying DJ Uiungulelei and I don’t believe he has a N anywhere in his last name.

We are already 1/3 of the way through the season. The entire summary of the year so far can be summed up with 4 points.

1) RAZOR THIN DEPTH
2) PENALTIES, PENALTIES, PENALTIES
3) TONS OF MISSED OPPORTUNITY
4) KEY PLAYER INJURIES

Despite that, I see clear potential, *IF* we can bring in the talent (this is the part that concerns me the most). The scheme is pretty solid.

Beating FL, GA, Bama, and Ole Miss is not happening this year, but that's OK. As @LA Vol has said, this season Heupel will be judged vs Missouri, Kentucky, South Carolina, and Pitt.

When he got pushed into Hooker the play after he got hurt I was screaming for him to get taken out... A few plays later Callaway missed a first down catch
Callaway was looking up field before the ball got to him iirc. He knew he had a lot of green to run!
Really felt that would put us right back in. Went to shyte aftwe that.

Any updates on injuries to Hooker and Mays?

Reactions: OrangenSC
Barnes, no matter my thoughts on him, had a reputation
Vitello has results
Heupel has ??????
71 scholarship players, rebuild of epic proportions , unreal expectations, and his offense works. Players we have are not executing. Penalties, overthrows, and drops. Give us half of each of those back we are 3-1 and just lost a close one to Florida in their house.

Idk why some of you guys are still fans. How is it enjoyable to just sit here and be negative about everything? Is that how you go through life or do you just enjoy to b!tch and moan about everything UT football? Good/bad/indifferent it’s entertainment at the end of the day, if it’s not entertaining to you anymore, should probably move on to something else for a bit.

My thoughts as well the entire time. I think his contact is a GA and obviously says what he is seeing in practice. But he seems enamored with Milton and talked down the others. When I’ve heard differing views on Hooker and Bailey. None are ready. But they are not as bad as he likes to lead on. And it wasn’t right putting so much time into Milton when he clearly is not a good QB. They need to give all the reps with the 1s to Hooker and Bailey from here on out.

Agree, 100%. I have no desire to watch JG show pony version 2.0 on the field. He's fools gold. Both Hooker and HB need the O dumbed down to fit them at this point and that is OK. We understand it will take a few years to build a roster with who fits the scheme.

Reactions: Smyrna ATL Vol
Yup… it’s a problem. My VFL neighbor turns down tickets. He said he would rather see his kids play sports. Only time he takes them is when his kids can go with him.
Fine. I’d rather have only 10k fans in the seats who want to be there and show it, than 100k who mostly only make noise when they’re whining and complaining.

Of course, I don’t have to pay the bills. And watching your kids play instead is a totally different situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back