Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree, not one of those fake Butchy trash top 10 classes lol.
Jones brought some talent in. That wasn't his main problem. His problem was that he was an imbecile on gameday and couldn't develop players once he got them. The worst thing though is that he was a very poor leader and terrible manager of the players.

I think the Hurd drama revealed exactly who Jones was as a leader and coach. Lots of people blame Hurd but he literally could have gone anywhere. He helped recruit his class. He bled orange. He was everything you could want in a recruit. In just a few years, he couldn't get away from Jones and UT fast enough. He WAS lied to by Jones to keep him from transferring earlier. His "blow up" was the end of a long line of Jones' incompetence.

Jones brought some talent in. That wasn't his main problem. His problem was that he was an imbecile on gameday and couldn't develop players once he got them. The worst thing though is that he was a very poor leader and terrible manager of the players.

I think the Hurd drama revealed exactly who Jones was as a leader and coach. Lots of people blame Hurd but he literally could have gone anywhere. He helped recruit his class. He bled orange. He was everything you could want in a recruit. In just a few years, he couldn't get away from Jones and UT fast enough. He WAS lied to by Jones to keep him from transferring earlier. His "blow up" was the end of a long line of Jones' incompetence.
Thank you! 👏

catapult to top five, finish somewhere in 8-10 range.

We needed tackle bodies, and we went after the best.

if Elarbee makes this happen he has to be in the convo for RoY

If Heupel can have 3 classes ranked around 10 I think we could compete with anyone in the country. He could then utilize a complete roster and at least scheme against some of the elite teams to the point where we could have success. He’s just so hamstrung by a lack of talent it’s ridiculous.

He brought a lot of attitude to the Jones-era Vols as well. Remember the 2014 UGA game when a DB showed blitz and Hurd pointed at him and motioned for him to bring it on?

I’ve seen videos of how terrible Vince Neil is these days. It’s pretty funny, but really sad at the same time
He was really good…….pretty good……for the first 7/8 songs. Last 7/8, not so much

Joe Elliot and Joan Jett can still get it done! Impressive

He brought a lot of attitude to the Jones-era Vols as well. Remember the 2014 UGA game when a DB showed blitz and Hurd pointed at him and motioned for him to bring it on?
I wish some of those guys could have played for Heupel. Can you imagine the match up nightmares this O could create with Hurd, Kamara, Malone, Jennings, Wolf, Callaway, etc?

Could you please mind your own dam business?

:p

tenor.gif
😎

Last edited:

This and the fact that he thought he didn’t need a real S&C coach. The talent wasn't getting developed and staying injured.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back