Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am surprised at how much hate Hooker is still getting...

70.2% 392 yards, 5 TDs 1 INT and 113 rushing yards with another TD

Kinda hoping he just keeps getting better the more time he spends in this system getting reps.
15 of his 17 completions were within 5 yards of the LOS. That’s why. He can’t pass. Also 4 fumbles and an interception

15 of his 17 completions were within 5 yards of the LOS. That’s why. He can’t pass.

See...this is what I don't like, he nailed Payton on a perfect throw in the endzone. But because that swiss cheese OL isn't giving any of our QBs time Hooker can't pass. Why Bailey goes 3 for 7 and still gets praised as the best thrower.

All of Bailey's numbers last season you could also argue were all within 5 yards of the LOS, why is he getting a pass for it and Hooker isn't?

15 of his 17 completions were within 5 yards of the LOS. That’s why. He can’t pass. Also 4 fumbles and an interception

See, that's fine and dandy, but I could sit here say the same thing about Milton's overthrows by 20 yards.

Again it's a no win situation when it comes to arguing about this. Idc whoever gives us the best chance to score, needs to play and so far that's been Hooker. If he sucks against Florida, I'm all for Milton starting and vice versa.

It's a no win situation.

We have the Hooker fans and then the Milton fans.

Some hate overthrows, and some hate the fumbles.

Some want more potential, the others want the guy that's scoring now.

No doubt, the fumbles I've seen is just not having many live reps with the RBs or in live action. Think they'll clean-up the more time he spends playing.

I am surprised at how much hate Hooker is still getting...

70.2% 392 yards, 5 TDs 1 INT and 113 rushing yards with another TD

Kinda hoping he just keeps getting better the more time he spends in this system getting reps.

I just think Heup needs to modify the scheme more for him if he is the choice. If not, he needs to use Milton until he either gets it or makes it obvious he cannot. Hooker gives the best chance to win at least 6 games so far without Milton improving a lot tho. Will see how it plays out but it is clear the optimal solution is not yet playing. Whether that becomes one of the three is TBD.

Reactions: UTJoe and MoCo_Vol
See...this is what I don't like, he nailed Payton on a perfect throw in the endzone. But because that swiss cheese OL isn't giving any of our QBs time Hooker can't pass. Why Bailey goes 3 for 7 and still gets praised as the best thrower.

All of Bailey's numbers last season you could also argue were all within 5 yards of the LOS, why is he getting a pass for it and Hooker isn't?
Who is praising Bailey?

Hooker cannot pass the football. He hit Payton on a nice throw he was late on. Other than that he did not show any improvement throwing the ball down the field. He can’t pass.

Hooker Passing Chart
20+ Left: 1/4, 29 yards, TD to Payton, DPI

Middle: 0/2

Right: 0/1 (DPI called)

11-20 yards:

Left: N/A

Middle: N/A

Right: 1/1, 11 yards

0-10 yards:
left: 8/8, 116 yards, TD to Velus

Middle: 1/2, 7 yards

Right: 2/3, 11 yards, TD to Warren

Behind LOS:

Left: 4/4, 26 yards

N/A

Right: 1/2, 3 yards

And this was against Tennessee Tech. And he still couldn’t do it. They were afraid to let him throw it against Pitt. He’ll have 3 picks and a fumble in the swamp is my bet if he starts

Last edited:
I think Milton starts this week but will have a short leash if we can't generate points or if his deep ball accuracy is still way off.

I envision us taking a lot of shots against Florida ..

Reactions: Pacer92
See, that's fine and dandy, but I could sit here say the same thing about Milton's overthrows by 20 yards.

Again it's a no win situation when it comes to arguing about this. Idc whoever gives us the best chance to score, needs to play and so far that's been Hooker. If he sucks against Florida, I'm all for Milton starting and vice versa.
Milton is overthrowing the ball. He needs to fix it. Can he? Idk. But here’s what I do know: if Milton plays the defense has to respect the pass because we’re going to throw the ball. He’s also been very good on intermediate routes.

If Hooker plays, they sell out to stop the run and Hooker is toast.

So if we think we can win just running the ball and throwing screens, go Hooker. If we want to throw the ball down the field, it’s only Milton

This is the week we should look for a moral victory, because on the field it is going to be brutal.

The silly thing is people will still be pissed and calling for jobs when we lose. Anybody expecting a win this week probably shouldn't even watch.

Heupel had a semester to find a QB. He brought in 2 transfers to try to make it work and we are what we are. I do think we will eventually see better QB play bc history with Heupel says so. Positives are guys are open and the offense is creating what it is supposed to. Defense so far is better than what we expected. Enjoy the climb.

It is a no win situation for sure.

No matter what half of us want the other guy no matter who is in there.

All of the QBs have positives and minuses - not one of them is a perfect QB otherwise we would have some alignment. Too many flaws.

I feel so bad for people who follow nutritional and training quackery

This lady at the gym literally has her waist wrapped in Saran Wrap, no doubt thinking the sweat will result in tangible results rather than just a transient loss of sweat that will immediately be recovered with hydration
Maybe she’s cutting weight for weigh in! Recommend her a good laxative as well to see immediate results!! 😂😂

We just need one big upset...just one. I don't care who it is. We need something to show a spark of hope and there is light at the end of this tunnel.
I think we will get it - one game we will hit on all the long throws and hold on for a win.

Just not sure what game it will be and if it will really be a "big" upset.

Reactions: orangejuice
Heupel had a semester to find a QB. He brought in 2 transfers to try to make it work and we are what we are. I do think we will eventually see better QB play bc history with Heupel says so. Positives are guys are open and the offense is creating what it is supposed to. Defense so far is better than what we expected. Enjoy the climb.

Hooker was brought in by the previous staff.

Milton is overthrowing the ball. He needs to fix it. Can he? Idk. But here’s what I do know: if Milton plays the defense has to respect the pass because we’re going to throw the ball. He’s also been very good on intermediate routes.

If Hooker plays, they sell out to stop the run and Hooker is toast.

So if we think we can win just running the ball and throwing screens, go Hooker. If we want to throw the ball down the field, it’s only Milton

Of course, if they sell out on the run and the OL can pass protect Hooker & the WRs may torch the hell out of them too.

At this point to me it seems like OL pass protection is the biggest factor in who the staff wants to play at QB.

I think Milton starts this week but will have a short leash if we can't generate points or if his deep ball accuracy is still way off.

I envision us taking a lot of shots against Florida ..
I would agree with this as well - i worry about the o line holding up for those long shots.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back