Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slow Monday.. so here is some FSU turmoil for your entertainment.. they're going to be fun to watch as the year goes

Anyone not named Freeze or Kiffin need not apply if I was the AD there. FSU has always been about swagger. Those two are perfect fits for what FSU is and needs on field. The issue is the Coed temptations but I’d take my chances. Kiffin would destroy that conference there

They have stated that our receivers are too easily knocked off their route…..I don’t know if it’s the receivers, coaching or a combo of both…. It’s a new system for everyone so hopefully they start being more cohesive soon.
best thing to do is throw away from the defender in a lot of cases and it came to be known as "the back-shoulder pass". DB's are creatures of habit and are going to try to get in phase either inside the receiver,(toward the hash marks), or behind him,( between receiver and sideline). Simply try and throw the ball opposite of where the defender is. This is something that Kendal Briles, Jeff Lebbe, and a few other top-of-the-line OC's are instilling into their team's passing game.

best thing to do is throw away from the defender in a lot of cases and it came to be known as "the back-shoulder pass". DB's are creatures of habit and are going to try to get in phase either inside the receiver,(toward the hash marks), or behind him,( between receiver and sideline). Simply try and throw the ball opposite of where the defender is. This is something that Kendal Briles, Jeff Lebbe, and a few other top-of-the-line OC's are instilling into their team's passing game.
We run a very similar system to briles and lebbe…. We need to develop trust in our wide receivers and QBs.

Ellerbe might not be the worst coach but Kodi Burns might be. According to Swain and the VQ guys a large reason why we can’t hit on the deep balls is because the receivers run terrible routes and/or lack the fundamentals of basic route running. Specifically said that Payton and Merrill (iirc) turn their heads too early to find the ball which inherently slows you down when running - hence an apparent overthrow.

Said One of Miltons passes that was behind Hyatt and as such not caught was because Hyatt ran a terrible route.

TIFWIW
What a load of bull💩...these guys are getting wide open all over the field, and the QBs suck and can't get the ball to within twenty feet of them.

Gotta disagree strongly with "Friend wasn't a bad coach". I think he was a horrible coach.
Not saying he was or he wasn't. But we really have so little to accurately determine that. It's a little bit like the announcers during the Texas vs Arkansas game talking about the success of Sark's offense at Alabama and how poorly his offense was in the Texas vs Arkansas game. It's not apples to apples but it is more the idea that there is so much that goes into it how it looks like they are able to do their job.

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
Did people just expect this brand new offense with a bunch of players that weren't recruited for it to click immediately? Or to have a totally brand new staff have it all figured out instantly? I get being disappointed with leaving points on the field for sure but I also think that the team we are watching now will look significantly better on offense in the 2nd half of the year than they have so far. Or things will at least run more smoothly anyway. 3 of our last 4 games are against beatable teams so just take an early one against either Missouri or South Carolina and let's go bowling.

There are reasons to be negative but there are also reasons to be optimistic imo.
I was just answering the question

Apparently the WR’s are hitting the big plays in practice. What’s the difference between there and games??

Are they running vastly different routes in practice than in games? Or (the more likely scenario IMO) is the QB is over throwing them?
Heupel himself said it was Joe missing wide open recievers..so..

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back