Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
We don't know what they're doing. I don't think we've heard from the NCAA. We've read bloviating articles that are giving the perspective (wishes) of one side.

Bloviate: to speak pompously.

Bloviating really sounds like it should be a jacked up VN RF term used by the Battalions of the Morans (as opposed to the Legion of the Miserable), but alas it is a real word. 🤔

If that were the case, Bama wouldn't be buying legislators dinner.

Now that NIL can be paid above board, Bama is apparently not rich enough to be dealt in at the table, so they're lobbying for stake limits at the table. UT is rich enough for the new game. Sounds like Bama isn't.

Sounds glorious! 🤠

My little girl can always say she was born a Vol. 3 days old and she's already orange!

Jokes aside she'll be fine. Just slightly jaundice but getting better. Hasn't had to have treatment yet.

VFL trick for having an Orange baby.
My son turned Orange when we got to the baby food stage. He loved the carrots and sweet potatoes. Feed them enough and voilà Orange Baby! 🤠

My wife the Pediatrician did it on purpose…she’s an Aggie ( but turning a baby maroon would be gross) 😳

View attachment 453252

Now if you drop a dot for each school and where they are located, it's pretty easy to see who is going to become a "have not" because their state isn't as rich.

Georgia
Kentucky
South Carolina
Louisiana (may luck out though as they don't have any other big in-state schools to compete with)
Alabama
Mississippi

The schools in states that 1. aren't as poor and 2. willing to push sports that will become better because of this
Texas
Florida
Tennessee

What's interesting to me is a few unexpected states that are rich but also have the potential to really create something if they pushed it

Washington
Colorado
Virginia
Illinois

Obviously though some states are outliners...Alaska and Hawaii for example, they are "rich" by this chart, but mostly because of how low the population is and how wealthy you have to be to live there.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but I think that the only states without state income tax are Tennessee, Texas, and Florida. Interesting 🤔

Correct me if I’m wrong, but I think that the only states without state income tax are Tennessee, Texas, and Florida. Interesting 🤔
“Alaska, Florida, Nevada, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Washington, and Wyoming do not levy state income taxes, while New Hampshire doesn't tax earned wages.” NH taxes investment income.

9 States With No Income Tax

I think we are about to have the deadly combo of an exciting brand of football, an elite fanbase, and a smart AD with a killer instinct.

Feels like we are finally playing to win, and doing it smarter than our rivals for a change.

The saddest part of this is that it really doesn’t take much to be smarter than our rivals. I mean seriously…look at them. 🤠

VFL trick for having an Orange baby.
My son turned Orange when we got to the baby food stage. He loved the carrots and sweet potatoes. Feed them enough and voilà Orange Baby! 🤠

My wife the Pediatrician did it on purpose…she’s an Aggie ( but turning a baby maroon would be gross) 😳
I'm very disappointed you have yet to convert your wife to a Vol fan. You need to work on that.

I think we are about to have the deadly combo of an exciting brand of football, an elite fanbase, and a smart AD with a killer instinct.

Feels like we are finally playing to win, and doing it smarter than our rivals for a change.

Agree…..seems like is the prescription to lock on to top notch coaches and retain them for long periods. Once “the dust settles” we will be viewed as a ”destintion” rather than a “stepping stone”.

Alas, we return to our rightful place in the top tier of the SEC. They (bama/uga) see it coming and are threatened.

The future is bright!!

GBO !!

We havent lost a series until now...havent lost a series...think on that. What an accomplishment. This team needs to face adversity. Get better and win something meaningful.
Still haven't lost a series yet. Fingers crossed.

People are gonna brag, "we're the only team to beat #1 UT twice and only team to win a series." I just don't want UK to have those bragging rights. . . really, I don't want anyone to have those bragging rights, but especially not U of Kroger.

Did we lose last night's baseball game? I wasn't able to watch or listen. When I looked online for a score it says the game was suspended in the 8th. Does that go as a loss, or will we finish that game? I saw KY was leading .
Will finish today at 2. Then play game 3 40 minutes later.

Reactions: Orange.
Well, my wife is positive for Covid. I am getting tested now. I have a few symptoms. Not that concerned. But, it sucks avoiding it as long as I did only to get it now. Hope the BaseVols bounce back today
It’s typically no where near as severe as when it first started…..

Also, update on my uncle: he’s being handed over to hospice. Chemo didn’t work, only made it worse. He’s been given a life expectancy of ~3 months. View attachment 453490
My family’s HS alma mater will be doing a 20 minute piece on him pregame for their series today on the school’s radio station. If anyone is interested, I can link it when the time comes. I think they air via the web.
So very sorry. Prayers, peace and comfort.

Moral dilemma

I’m casually friendly with a woman at the gym. I notice her 15 year old son has been training with an older guy who I suspect uses steroids. Now, the son has an acne breakout on his back, consistent with steroid use.

Is it steroids?
Is it teenage acne?
Does she know if he’s on steroids?
If it’s acne only, is it insensitive to point it out?

ughh

Last edited:
Moral dilemma

I’m casually friendly with a woman at the gym. I notice her 15 year old son has been teasing with an older guy who I suspect uses steroids. Now, the son has an acne breakout on his back, consistent with steroid use.

Is it steroids?
Is it teenage acne?
Does she know if he’s on steroids?
If it’s acne only, is it insensitive to point it out?

ughh

Since you don't know, leave it alone.

Nah. Greg Maddux threw a 76 pitch compete game with 83% of those pitches being strikes. Only went to a two ball count twice.

When I coached I always told my pitchers that there had never been a perfect game thrown and they always brought up this pitcher or that one and I would remind them that a true perfect game the pitcher only throws 27 pitches, one pitch, one out.....perfect. No runs, no hits and the pitcher ain't tired !!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: VolsDoc81TX
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back