Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
No UT players were ever forced to leave because of the investigation...
The school did announce, “Tennessee feels strongly that the players involved in the alleged violations have transferred elsewhere..”

They may not have been forced to leave, but it is interesting that all involved were no longer at the school when the investigation concluded.

Screen Shot 2022-05-02 at 12.53.40 AM.png
Evan Russell:

ouch-my-damn-hand.gif

We call that "Find the X"

You nailed it. You do it long enough and get familiar enough with the area, you know where things like to be. True for generation after generation of ducks, deer, turkeys, even fish.
View attachment 452056
That's one in the middle is a weird looking duck

The novel The Crying of Lot 49 by Pynchon deals with aspects of this. Been awhile since I read it. Don't remember the details.

I hadn’t heard of this novel before. Haven’t read much American lit post 1950 or so.

I’ll pick this one up, but I just read the plot summary, and I think it has a little bit about everything except Russian communities along the west coast. Should be a wild read though.

Reactions: Jackcrevol
Apart from famously creating Reelfoot Lake, when it went off last time, it also caused violent geysers of sand to erupt across West TN, Eastern Arkansas, and the Missouri Bootheel. It left the scars of these geysers across the region where vertical columns of sand come all the way to the surface and left a "fallout zone" of the sand across the surface in areas. It's really cool to see them up close if you know what you're looking for. The whole region is on top of miles of sand, with silty topsoils overlaying them from river deposits and windblown silt from the plains due to massive sandstorms during the glacial period. But there's some spots where there will be a circle of sand with very little topsoil on the surface and a streak of sandier soil in one direction away from that spot. That's the geyser and the fallout.

I'm prepared for nerd-bashing.
I was born and lived my first 15 years in the Bootheel and recall waking up and the house shaking on several occasions.
Been waiting on the big one for a long time.

I was told the New Madrid quake made the Mississippi River run backwards for a bit. Massive power..

I was born and lived my first 15 years in the Bootheel and recall waking up and the house shaking on several occasions.

I was told the New Madrid quake made the Mississippi River run backwards for a bit. Massive power..
There are records of it causing church bells to ring as far away as Boston

Did it not reverse direction and create Reelfoot lake?

Reactions: VolsDoc81TX

It did. One of the reasons some of the Bootheel land is so good for agriculture. Some of that great land is located in the previous riverbed. The other major reason is the sandy loam soil that was created in the "explosion" as already posted. If you know where Bragg City, MO is - the western edge of the river was there according to most all folks who live there.

People who have not experienced an earthquake have no idea. My first one was when I was in college in NE Ark, which was right on the fault line. Just a 4.5 - but was centered around Manila, AR. Was living in a rented trailer in a park near campus. The thud and shake hit and my first thought was where do I go? Well, not outside between the trailers, that was for sure because they weren't anchored. lol. So I just sat there and watched the dishes and cups fall out of the cabinets. I remember my legs felt like jelly - the blood rushed out of them such that I could barely stand. Scared shizless. Since then I went through a bigger one in Cali while on business and knew more what to expect.

When, not if, the next New Madrid massive earthquake hits, it will changed things dramatically. That fault line is a monster.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back