Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been calling Pope from the jump,just assumed he might be a fall back option if all else failed.Its not that he isnt any good dudes been here so he knows his way around,i think it's more recruiting ties and things of that nature.Gonzales would have been my outside hire if u swung for someone,but Johnson or Dixon wouldn't be bad fall backs.

Reactions: VolNash17
Been calling Pope from the jump,just assumed he might be a fall back option if all else failed.Its not that he isnt any good dudes been here so he knows his way around,i think it's more recruiting ties and things of that nature.Gonzales would have been my outside hire if u swung for someone,but Johnson or Dixon wouldn't be bad fall backs.
He’s been heavily involved in every WR recruitment and is name dropped by athletes in other positions. If Heupel goes with him it won’t be a fall back.

Current Lunardi projections:

For the record I hate this draw. Who I don't want to play right now is St. Mary's or Duke. View attachment 436576

Would be a fun one...especially if it's Memphis. Nothing would be more enjoyable to me than them making the dance and us curb stomping them. Not a fan of Duke, but not too scared of them either. ACC this season is really down so I don't think their record is as impressive as it typically would look. (They're the only team in the AP top 25 right now from ACC)

Reactions: SoilVol
Would be a fun one...especially if it's Memphis. Nothing would be more enjoyable to me than them making the dance and us curb stomping them. Not a fan of Duke, but not too scared of them either. ACC this season is really down so I don't think their record is as impressive as it typically would look. (They're the only team in the AP top 25 right now from ACC)
Yeah, the ACC has been awful this season. They did beat the Zags though and Paolo Banchero is incredible imo. St. Mary's has to be feeling really good about themselves after beating the Zags and I bet they'll carry that momentum into the tournament. Interested to see how they handle the rematch in the WCC title game that I assume will happen.

After talking to people this morning, we believe Tennessee spoke with in-house candidate Kelsey Pope yesterday. At this time we still believe the two candidates with the most juice are FSU assistant David Johnson and Georgia Tech assistant Kerry Dixon. Both have experience in the SEC.

AP
Not sure I like that Dixon hire...

While at Florida they had a pretty terrible passing game.

2015: 206.9 yards per game
2016: 215.8 yards per game
2017: 179.5 yards per game (4-7 this year)

2017 they didn't have a single WR go over 500 yards or 45 receptions
2016 only Antonio Callaway went over 500 yards and 45 receptions
2015 two WRs that went over 500 yards (Callaway & Demarcus Robinson) and only Robinson caught over 45 balls. His production nearly halved from the previous year in 2014 under Muschamp.

And obviously Georgia Tech isn't known for it's passing attack. I'd rather Pope to Dixon if I'm honest, at least then you got a guy that's been here and knows the staff/players/system pretty well already.

Reactions: VolByLaw
Yeah, the ACC has been awful this season. They did beat the Zags though and Paolo Banchero is incredible imo. St. Mary's has to be feeling really good about themselves after beating the Zags and I bet they'll carry that momentum into the tournament. Interested to see how they handle the rematch in the WCC title game that I assume will happen.

Personally think we got a legit shot at a 2 seed. If we can win out and make the SECT championship game it's all but locked up imo.

We've beaten 3 of the top 7 in the AP already. A deep SECT run and we could beat 2 or 3 more Q1 teams.

I’ll never get locker room brazen nudity.

This guy is flying in his birthday suit, putting on a bit of aftershave or whatever in front of the mirror

Fella… if your man fruit is exposed in front of other dudes, priority number one should be wrapping it up. The rest can wait
I can't remember his name but there was a player, in football I think, who would walk around the locker room with a full on hard on and mess with the players to get them motivated. It was said he was so big that he hung a towel on it and he intimidated the sh^t out of the players. I don't think that would work for many players :cool::cool:

Not sure I like that Dixon hire...

While at Florida they had a pretty terrible passing game.

2015: 206.9 yards per game
2016: 215.8 yards per game
2017: 179.5 yards per game (4-7 this year)

2017 they didn't have a single WR go over 500 yards or 45 receptions
2016 only Antonio Callaway went over 500 yards and 45 receptions
2015 two WRs that went over 500 yards (Callaway & Demarcus Robinson) and only Robinson caught over 45 balls. His production nearly halved from the previous year in 2014 under Muschamp.

And obviously Georgia Tech isn't known for it's passing attack. I'd rather Pope to Dixon if I'm honest, at least then you got a guy that's been here and knows the staff/players/system pretty well already.
Not sure how you can blame a WR coach for an offensive coordinator’s job description…

Reactions: StoneColdStunner
Not sure how you can blame a WR coach for an offensive coordinator’s job description…

I didn't blame him for anything. I legit just shared the numbers for his 3 years at Florida, even said Georgia Tech doesn't pass much so no point bringing those numbers up.

I didn't blame him for anything. I legit just shared the numbers for his 3 years at Florida, even said Georgia Tech doesn't pass much so no point bringing those numbers up.

Treon Harris
Will Grier
Austin Applbey
Luke del Rio
Malik Zaire
Felipe Franks

Players Dixon didn’t coach but probably had more to do with the passing numbers at Florida during Dixon’s time there.

It’s not a “second season” but additional episodes..it’s been confirmed
I think Sheridan vaguely implied it was 1932 that will be the “additional episodes”, I think 1883 is over. I have yet to watch the final episode too. Watching that tonight. He’s vague, but his M.O. has been to leave loose ends and let your imagination fill in the ending. I think that’s why he has a million shows, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back