Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t know if I agree with slowing it down bc going fast is what gives us some of our advantages…. From where I was sitting…. It looked like Hooker threw it late on that pass but I could be wrong…. They maybe should have called something different but we have to be able show something different as well bc Pitt had seen those same plays over and over and were starting to adjust for it.
No, they started to adjust to Hooker not being able to throw down field. They specifically started playing zone against Hooker because of his legs and inability to hit deep throws.

2013 - OU offense averaged 199.1 passing yards a game and 223.9 rushing yards a game
2014 - OU offense averaged 203.5 passing yards a game and 261.2 rushing yards a game

OU was top 20 in rushing yards a game both seasons, and outside top 80 in passing yards a game. So he's capable and has done it before, that was when Bell/Knight were the QBs there.
He did it 3 years at UCF his rushing per game was over 200 yds and his passing was over 300 yds I have a post about it actual numbers.

No, they started to adjust to Hooker not being able to throw down field. They specifically started playing zone against Hooker because of his legs and inability to hit deep throws.
Lol. The fact that this fairy tail of Hooker not being able to throw the ball deep sprung up in less than two days is hilarious to me.

Reactions: Bruce Wayne
How had do we think Bama beats Florida this week? I’m saying 21+ this Florida team isn’t that great. Yes they’re better than us that’s not what I’m getting at. I just think if Bama beats the crap out them Mullen will be his normal stupid goofy self at press conferences and it will wear thin on UF fans. Want them to go into a downward spiral. Bama will eat both their QBs and will make Richardson throw. Emory Jones is just not good. Plus their D won’t hold Bama. I think it gets ugly for them.

My guess is UF fans start getting annoyed with Mullen if he gets drummed. I would bet he’s not their coach before Richardson graduates whether he moves on his own or is canned. He is a good coach no doubt but think fans will turn on him and his quirkiness at the first sign of turmoil.

Lol. The fact that this fairy tail of Hooker not being able to throw the ball deep sprung up in less than two days is hilarious to me.

Also, for your purposes during the entire time that Hooker was in we only ran 10 Deep plays.

Of those 10 deep plays Hooker threw the ball 5 times.

Of those 5 deep attempts he only connected on 2.

Of those 2 connections they were both to the TE up the middle of the field.

Of the 3 remaining throws he overthrew 2 WRs (struggled to even get it to them) and threw an interception (to the middle of the field - his only deep throws completed location)

Ok this is my last post about this game and I’ll move on, I know it’s probably been talked about enough already but I’m just now rewatching the game. Just look at what happens if hooker makes the right read on this play, it’s probably a touchdown.. Can’t blame Huep for a wrong read, the play call worked.

Moving on now, that was a stressful rewatch 😂
Power I and a full back off right tackle would have resulted in either as well.

Yep. I think they've always wanted Milton's skillset. But he's not where he needs to be... yet. Maybe he gets there; maybe he doesn't. Hooker and HB have different skillsets but they're not where they need to be, either. None of them are the complete package right now. Milton has the big (but inaccurate) arm, Hooker can scramble behind an iffy Oline and HB has a better rhythm with the WRs because they've worked together for a while and trained together in the offseason.

Decisions were made a while back, and the season hasn't set up in a way that favors HB leapfrogging the more experienced guys. But things haven't gone as hoped, so somebody needs to step up and take the job. Whichever QB(s) they can build around to win now is the guy(s) I want to see.

I’m gonna jump in and say, I totally agree with this. But for me, if you have a guy that has worked all off season with the WRs and they click, you would think he would at least get a shot to see what he does in live action (not controlled spring game).

You can kinda see when Milton over throws open receivers there is a frustration there with the WR. I say, work HB in with the 1s this week and let him get the first quarter Sat and go from there.

I’m gonna jump in and say, I totally agree with this. But for me, if you have a guy that has worked all off season with the WRs and they click, you would think he would at least get a shot to see what he does in live action (not controlled spring game).

You can kinda see when Milton over throws open receivers there is a frustration there with the WR. I say, work HB in with the 1s this week and let him get the first quarter Sat and go from there.

i love you

Wish I were strong enough to log out of VN and VQ for the next couple years. It’s truly a toxic environment right now. If a coach loses a game it’s time to fire him. If a freshman doesn’t make 10 tackles or catch 3 TD’s in week 1, they’re a bust.

The reality of this program and the expectations of some fans day 1 is so ridiculous it’s not even worth the energy to read and reply.

and-ditto-the-office.gif

When I first got on here, I had the arrogant idea that I could offer some perspective. Not possible. Gradually getting on here less and less. Retiring from coaching football and wrestling and teaching math in HS this year after 37 years. Will go back to just enjoying watching College minus the drama as well.

Just use it to vent and bring what you want, bud. There are a lot of us that appreciate you.

+1

How had do we think Bama beats Florida this week? I’m saying 21+ this Florida team isn’t that great. Yes they’re better than us that’s not what I’m getting at. I just think if Bama beats the crap out them Mullen will be his normal stupid goofy self at press conferences and it will wear thin on UF fans. Want them to go into a downward spiral. Bama will eat both their QBs and will make Richardson throw. Emory Jones is just not good. Plus their D won’t hold Bama. I think it gets ugly for them.

If Emory Jones cannot be improved much with Mullen, what makes people believe that Milton will be with Heup? Because nearly everybody realizes Jones ain't it. I'm curious to see the logic. UF, a more successful program that ours recently, took Jones over Milton. Mullen is the master at that position, especially with projects. Did he just pick the wrong guy or is it true there is a limit to how much any player can be developed and he saw Jones' upside as better than Milton's? Asking for a friend.

Reactions: KPT_VFL
Really? I haven't been able to keep up with Florida like I used to. I don't think Bama is unbeatable tho.
Yes. Florida’s pass game is awful. Both QBs can run. Richardson can run really well. Jones has 4 int already. Richardson has 6-11 with 2 TDs. Not bad but they’ve not really tried to open the pass game with him. Bama will force them to pass and neither can outgun Bryce Young.

If Emory Jones cannot be improved much with Mullen, what makes people believe that Milton will be with Heup? Because nearly everybody realizes Jones ain't it. I'm curious to see the logic. UF, a more successful program that ours recently, took Jones over Milton. Mullen is the master at that position, especially with projects. Did he just pick the wrong guy or is it true there is a limit to how much any player can be developed and he saw Jones' upside as better than Milton's? Asking for a friend.
I think you can coach and teach all you want but if it never clicks it’s not always the coaches fault.

Reactions: Vols4us
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back