Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok this is my last post about this game and I’ll move on, I know it’s probably been talked about enough already but I’m just now rewatching the game. Just look at what happens if hooker makes the right read on this play, it’s probably a touchdown.. Can’t blame Huep for a wrong read, the play call worked.

Moving on now, that was a stressful rewatch 😂

Attachments

• 647D06DD-7FDC-4F5D-8036-BB78E738D96A.png
    647D06DD-7FDC-4F5D-8036-BB78E738D96A.png
    3.9 MB · Views: 107
OK. I'll leave you handicappers to your work. Cheers.

Edit: Just don't have it in me to spend too much time on 3-7.
What does that even mean? All I'm saying is I hope Heupel can show some of the same development in players over the next year or two. We're going to need to it if we want to rebuild this program.

Reactions: Vols4us
Ok this is my last post about this game and I’ll move on, I know it’s probably been talked about enough already but I’m just now rewatching the game. Just look at what happens if hooker makes the right read on this play, it’s probably a touchdown.. Can’t blame Huep for a wrong read, the play call worked.

Yeah, saw that too. Course Hooker had just rushed and gotten the first down (bad spot of course) so he probably thought Pitt would be looking for him to keep again.

Reactions: FairburnVol
Well darn it I broke my own rule on only two post lol. My apologies

Nfl coaches aren’t in charge of kids 24/7/365. College coaches are much more involved in the discipline issues involving their entire program where NFL head coaches are coaching adults. Much much much less responsibility when it comes to roster discipline when it comes to coaching in the NFL.

Breaking my rule about not responding to you. My apologies.

If NFL coaches have less responsibility and have to be less involved in the discipline issues of their programs, wouldn't that leave them more time to focus on their health and physique? Your entire premise is asinine.

Apologies to all. I will not respond to him anymore.

I think I've read it wasn't a read option but just a straight dive

Reactions: FairburnVol
Breaking my rule about not responding to you. My apologies.

If NFL coaches have less responsibility and have to be less involved in the discipline issues of their programs, wouldn't that leave them more time to focus on their health and physique? Your entire premise is asinine.

Apologies to all. I will not respond to him anymore.

I mean, arguably our best coach of the modern era was nicknamed "fat-Phil" so....I don't know.

Dooley, Butch, Pruitt were all in good shape and we know how that turned out.

Reactions: Vols4us
Yo is the word fat like blocked out or something...

That's crazy you can't put fat before Phil lol I love this forum :)

Mods, merge to the correct thread, please!

My wife and I are finally serious about looking for or building a home. However, people have told us to watch for the housing market to take a hit…

What are the ramifications if the housing market crashes for people like my family?

If someone tells you they know what’s happening I am calling BS. If they knew the exact timing and ramifications of the migration that is occurring, covid concerns, and massive stimulus govt spending is creating they would be making millions on Wall Street. Or be playing the game themselves at a high level and be worth stupid money. JMO

Fat coaches can’t win May be the all time dumbest VN take in history. And that is really really saying something
This man proved everyone wrong.
DUGGS.jpg

Folks need to watch a replay of the game. Even with limited field of vision from the camera shots you can see that in the entire first quarter, there were open receivers on nearly every pass play. More than half had secondary receivers open.
Really like the O scheme. We are creating chances. It’s been a long time since we’ve seen our receivers and TE’s constantly getting open up the seams. Feels like the big plays we’ve had in recent years are always contested balls and individuals making play after play in-spite of the situations they are being put in

Which is another reason I have contention with JH.... We had 100 injuries and he still wanted to go 100 MPH in the second half instead of slowing it down and trying to shorten the game. Add to that wasting the 2 TO's in the second half. One after a penalty where they had extra time and one after a 2nd down stop. Second.. obviously of the play worked we'd all probably be celebrating right now, but I don't understand the call on Hookers pick that sealed the game. Hooker had been running all over them, his game is to move and those little pop passes. If I remember correctly that was only his third drop back pass. I dont think the coaches put Hooker in the best spot to succeed there. Sure Hooker deserves some blame, but he doesn't throw that pick with a different call
So Hooker the “QB” makes the wrong read and it’s the coaches fault for him not going to a different receiver or running with his feet… lol wtf how about don’t just lock in on one receiver and notice the safety who had been sitting there waiting for the throw for a decade?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back