Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can I choose my character? Ivan Vanko please
Boris Badenov.

I absolutely love Uros and think he's a great kid and awesome teammate, but he is just .... NOT good at all. looks like Tarzan and plays like jane... If we only had a big man that was aggressive and had some agility, we'd probably have another 3 wins minimum at this point...

I'm so over Barnes sitting on his damn grandpa ass the entire game, and then when something happens he finally gets up and has that same confused look... F'n coach the entire game man, get up and walk the floor, chew on the refs, that's what you get paid to do, not just coach in practice!

ZZ is spectacular and nothing bothers the kid because he's been through so much to this point... can't wait to see how he continues to develop!

Chandler definitely needs to come back next season--- folks may grade him high going into the NBA, but if he can't bring it in college consistently every game against SEC opponents, he will flame out and sit on the bench in the NBA... ZZ virtually a nobody with 18 and less minutes, Chandler #1-2 point guard in the country 11... he's had some good games, but then will have some bad/quiet games... at this point in the season he should be averaging 16-20 a game with the minutes he plays... hoping he improves and is peaking for the tourney...

I absolutely love Uros and think he's a great kid and awesome teammate, but he is just .... NOT good at all. looks like Tarzan and plays like jane... If we only had a big man that was aggressive and had some agility, we'd probably have another 3 wins minimum at this point...

I'm so over Barnes sitting on his damn grandpa ass the entire game, and then when something happens he finally gets up and has that same confused look... F'n coach the entire game man, get up and walk the floor, chew on the refs, that's what you get paid to do, not just coach in practice!

ZZ is spectacular and nothing bothers the kid because he's been through so much to this point... can't wait to see how he continues to develop!

Chandler definitely needs to come back next season--- folks may grade him high going into the NBA, but if he can't bring it in college consistently every game against SEC opponents, he will flame out and sit on the bench in the NBA... ZZ virtually a nobody with 18 and less minutes, Chandler #1-2 point guard in the country 11... he's had some good games, but then will have some bad/quiet games... at this point in the season he should be averaging 16-20 a game with the minutes he plays... hoping he improves and is peaking for the tourney...
The best thing about ZZ is that he's gonna play for 4 years at UT and I'm sure the team will be built to run through him. I really hope he gets his shot at the next level because I think he could contribute if he gets the chance.

KC definitely shouldn’t be taking advice from some random dude on a message nor should Rick

How pissed are you after losses? The decision to turn pro should be based on where you will be drafted…. The NBA has better training available to improve your game…. I wish we would give him a huge NIL deal that would entice him to stay here for a few years.

Uros has helped us in plenty of games. He helps with defense a lot. He's not really hindering us.

The whole team is really gelling now not a lot you can reasonably complain about.

InVols criticism of her offense, or lack of it, is still valid, and all that digging didn't really address it. It really is just one on one street ball. Culture has nothing to do with the fact they run no offensive sets or that they turn the ball over at an abominable rate.

Appreciate your effort, and I support Kellie, but I do hope that they learn to do the things he proposes.
Like I said, more than a few times, I hope the offense can improve, as well...i do not like, nor enjoy, watching street ball on the hardwood neither. However, what my post addressed is that, it seems, one can get past the "opening or second round" (something that has be repeated ad nauseam) with offenses that seem to be not much better. That's what my digging aimed to address...SC sitting at #1 in the nation, a ranking that NO ONE will question or criticize, a huge favorite to win the whole she banga bang, and they avg only SIX TENTHS OF A POINT more than the Lady Vols do...and, at the end of the day, that's ALL that matters whenever it comes to offense, whether your running the triangle, the shuffle, the zone, the motion, the Princeton, the pick and roll, or the street...ALL that matters is how many points go on that board.

Also, culture has EVERYTHING to do with EVERYTHING, from scoring to D, to discipline within an O and D, to turnovers, to everyting. You spoke of turnovers...while, yes, absolutely, as I said, our ladies have to stop turning it over as much as they do, that is culture; however, the culture doesn't seem too far and away at SC, considering they avg only 2 less turnovers a game than the Lady Vols.

I didn't answer InVOL about playing the game, knowing the game; but, yes, I played and was coached and i know the game just as well as he does (not saying i know it more or know it less...saying I know it just as much), while also practicing day and night during basketball season, watching Larry Bird and Magic Johnson run offenses, so I understand, and completely agree with him about hoping the O gets better (street ball, one on one, shoot and shoot again, no set O, is one of the reasons i NEVER saw Bruce Pearl winning a championship here...seemed he ran iso as much as anything). But, this thinking of Kellie being pretty much on her way to failure already is absurd, whenever there doesn't seem to much of a difference, offensive numbers wise (again, 6 tenths of a point difference), between her and one of the best coaches in the game, and the #1 team in the country.

Pat's D came first, second, and third...then the O came. Again, here's hoping Kellie understands that better than Holly did. Yes, I don't want to take away InVOL's criticisms, because they are absolutely valid; but, to already talking about her failing (constantly!!!) because he don't see her changing, that's just as crazy as the comparison with the football program. He would have said the exact same things about Summitt. How long before she went to Chicago to learn the triangle, and away from the standard dump the ball inside for the high percentage shot, play defense??? At least almost 20 years. And, as I said, defense, even in the end, was still first second third, and probably fourth to her.

Again, the wheels may fall off again tomorrow, and we may run on rims to the tourney; however...do you think Staley "is what she is, I'm afraid" in Columbia? She was 18-15 her third year there, and got bounced in the 2nd round of the NIT. I know the Lady Vols is the standard for ladies b-ball, but Summitt hasn't been on the sidelines in 10 years.

Maaaannnn...this is a good thing, actually; covid has me long winded instead of the opposite. 😁

Seriously, I don't have the time to read all that although I appreciate your thoughtful response.

I'm not sure how much knowledge of the game you have. I played ball up until I tore my Achilles at 48. I know a little about the game. If you can identify whatever offense they run, I'll gladly concede. I've said time and time again that I like Kellie, I've said I want her to succeed. I've given her credit for the defense that she's coached them to play. The similarities between Holly and Kellie are undeniable. Holly also coached a decent defensive team. Neither coach a lick of offense, hence the "Pretty Holly". The Lady vols schedule is back loaded. We'll see how well they do from here on out.

As far as keeping your mouth shut, during their wins, I've taken ribbing from a few posters and kept my mouth shut. Now I'm supposed to keep my mouth shut when they hit the wall that I predicted? Sorry, it doesn't work that way. Feel free to call me out when they win a game they shouldn't cause when they lose, expect me to do the same.

As to my expectations, I fully expect similar results as we got with Holly. I figure she'll make the tournament most of the time but lose in the first 3 rounds. I'll be totally shocked at a sniff of a final four. That may be good for some but if that's our ceiling, then I'll slowly forget about them. It's not the standard set by Pat. It wouldn't be acceptable to Pat. To those that find that acceptable then good on them.

Finally, just because we have a different opinion, doesn't mean either is bad. I enjoy your post as well.
InVOL, it's not that I disagree with what you're saying about the O...I totally agree, actually; it just seems, and I don't think you want it, but you come across like you are waiting with baited breath for her to fail. I believe in change and coaches changing. No, Holly didn't...I'm banking on Kellie doing so. I want her to, because she's one of my all time favorites (this coming from someone, though, that wanted Fulmer to go after Staley or Walz, because that's the type of program the Lady Vols are, to go after that caliber; but, I knew it wasn't going to happen, and was happy that it was Kellie). It took Summitt nearly 20 years to break from the inside, high percentage shot to the Chicago trip.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back