Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Troy was just lucky that he happened to be on the Cowboys when Jones decided to build a dynasty. Nothing else to it, guy threw for 20 TDs one year in his entire career. Even with Irvin (HOF), Emmitt (HOF), Allen (HOF), Haley (HOF), Sanders (HOF) and a host of other greats that were around him who haven't made the hall (Novacek, Moose, Woodson, Lett, Newton, Norton Jr.)

Dude you are never getting an invite to THE STAR bad mouthing Troy.

He had several in Indy. Worst rated got hot in the playoffs and was key to his lone SB win there.

5 in the top 10 in PA while he was there, 2 of them made the SB.
Capture.PNG

One judgement of Peyton that has always been accurate is that during the playoffs he wasn't the same level of QB.

Regular Season
186-79
65.3% 270.5 YPG, 2 TDs, 0.9 INT

Playoffs
14-13
63.2% 271.8 YPG, 1.5 TDs, 0.9 INT

Dude you are never getting an invite to THE STAR bad mouthing Troy.

Eh, the first SB I really watched was Dallas vs Pittsburgh (was a Steelers fan at the time...well my dad was and thus I was by default). Watching O'Donnell just hand that game away to a Cowboys team that couldn't do anything against the Steelers defense always put a bad taste in my mouth towards the Cowboys.

What I will say is that Emmitt Smith, that OL, and Irvin were all elite and HOF quality players. That's about it imo though.

The opposite of that is why Belichick isn't the greatest coach... He only has had 1 QB go to a Super Bowl. Don Shula took 4 different QB's to the SB.
If I knew for certain Belichick didn't cheat, I'd probably consider him the GOAT; however, SPYGATE...and, that's just the one we know about.

Eh, the first SB I really watched was Dallas vs Pittsburgh (was a Steelers fan at the time...well my dad was and thus I was by default). Watching O'Donnell just hand that game away to a Cowboys team that couldn't do anything against the Steelers defense always put a bad taste in my mouth towards the Cowboys.

What I will say is that Emmitt Smith, that OL, and Irvin were all elite and HOF quality players. That's about it imo though.
Greg Lloyd was my favorite steeler of all time… loved watching him play.

Reactions: MoCo_Vol
Basically for me I don't argue GOAT anymore, it's completely subjective.

If your personal GOAT is one of these then I can completely understand why you'd mention them. Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, Drew Brees, Brett Favre, Dan Marino, John Elway, Johnny Unitas, or Joe Montana EDIT: and Aaron Rodgers

That's 8 QBs that I feel like objectively should be in the debate. And there are kids that have grown up watching in the 2000s that will be talking about Philip Rivers, Big Ben, and Eli Manning... (also that 2004 QB draft class is hands down the GOAT, no debate to be had there)

Last edited:

If your personal GOAT is one of these then I can completely understand why you'd mention them. Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, Drew Brees, Brett Favre, Dan Marino, John Elway, Johnny Unitas, or Joe Montana

That's 8 QBs that I feel like objectively should be in the debate. And there are kids that have grown up watching in the 20s that will be talking about Philip Rivers, Big Ben, and Eli Manning... (also that 2004 QB draft class is hands down the GOAT, no debate to be had there)

1983 QB class was better

Reactions: The Dog
5 in the top 10 in PA while he was there, 2 of them made the SB.
View attachment 431961

One judgement of Peyton that has always been accurate is that during the playoffs he wasn't the same level of QB.

Regular Season
186-79
65.3% 270.5 YPG, 2 TDs, 0.9 INT

Playoffs
14-13
63.2% 271.8 YPG, 1.5 TDs, 0.9 INT
2007 season stung the most. Top ranked defense coming off a SB win and got beat in the divisional when Manning got outdueled by Billy Volek.

Reactions: MoCo_Vol

If your personal GOAT is one of these then I can completely understand why you'd mention them. Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, Drew Brees, Brett Favre, Dan Marino, John Elway, Johnny Unitas, or Joe Montana

That's 8 QBs that I feel like objectively should be in the debate. And there are kids that have grown up watching in the 2000s that will be talking about Philip Rivers, Big Ben, and Eli Manning... (also that 2004 QB draft class is hands down the GOAT, no debate to be had there)
First off: Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, Drew Brees, Brett Favre...

Also, Aaron Rodgers HAS TO be mentioned in your post, somewhere...especially of you're mentioning Philip Rivers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back