Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
But, but Barnes...

They are not even near their peak performance yet. KC's and Z's continuing development will be key to finishing well. He has them running two completely different offensive sets now. Barnes has been letting them struggle at times to work things out for themselves, which gets them to pay closer attention to him.

Vescovi is special and has elevated his D. He gets it. JJJ does the unsung stuff that Barnes wants while hitting a key shot now and then. He gets it. The three bigs compete hard in a rotation based on the opponent along with another big in development. Fulky getting COVID may have been a blessing to the others' development. Hopefully he continues to build his stamina back. Powell is finding his role and starting to see much better D and ball handling with him.

Instead of dissing, we should all be singing their praises for going to work on improving and literally fighting if necessary. Every team has a bad game like the UK game was. UK peaked that day. Bama has fallen off a cliff. It happens. It's how you respond when it matters most - in the month of March. Everything else is just a build up and development process for March.
Credit his GF.

R.c04e8fe1c2bdb991cb034556804ef785

But, but Barnes...

They are not even near their peak performance yet. KC's and Z's continuing development will be key to finishing well. He has them running two completely different offensive sets now. Barnes has been letting them struggle at times to work things out for themselves, which gets them to pay closer attention to him.

Vescovi is special and has elevated his D. He gets it. JJJ does the unsung stuff that Barnes wants while hitting a key shot now and then. He gets it. The three bigs compete hard in a rotation based on the opponent along with another big in development. Fulky getting COVID may have been a blessing to the others' development. Hopefully he continues to build his stamina back. Powell is finding his role and starting to see much better D and ball handling with him.

Instead of dissing, we should all be singing their praises for going to work on improving and literally fighting if necessary. Every team has a bad game like the UK game was. UK peaked that day. Bama has fallen off a cliff. It happens. It's how you respond when it matters most - in the month of March. Everything else is just a build up and development process for March.

People were/are absolutely out of their minds wanting/considering Barnes out. I think we're all aware of his limitations and his teams can be frustrating at times. I don't think a lot of rational fans were saying things about firing him but man it's likely things are way worse when Rev Barnes leaves.

On the pod the guys said we’ll be anywhere from 80-85 scholarship players for the fall, 85 if we can get the right guys in.
If TN can go back to 85 scholarships in he Fall, that means they self imposed around 10 or 12 scholarships for the 2021 season which runs through the end of Spring semester. Very smart by the coaches if true.

The basketVOLs are solid, they dropped a couple games they should have won, but also won a couple I didn't expect they'd win.

Santi is playing his best ball, nothing really to groan about with his play, especially in the SEC. Maybe a bit smarter on the defensive end so he doesn't get into foul trouble so early.

I'd like to see the bigs rebound better, regardless of which of the 4 is on the court it's frustrating that our 5'9" guard is out rebounding them and often playing less minutes. The difference is pretty clear the guards attack rebounds and the bigs (except maybe BHH) always seem to wait on the ball rather than attack it.

My biggest complaint is the carelessness with the ball. KC making lazy passes or JJJ and Olivier just straight up not being able to catch it at times. If/when JJJ returns to shooting 30%+ from deep like he did his previous two years here he'll be having a bigger impact on our success moving forward.

It was a tough game, and despite their record Florida isn't a push-over...not sure any SEC team really is. They all got talent on their roster, even Georgia. Florida was hot in the first half from deep, but folded when we clamped down on defense in the 2nd half. Hopefully by the time March rolls around we're consistently playing good offense/defense for a full 40 minutes.

If TN can go back to 85 scholarships in he Fall, that means they self imposed around 10 or 12 scholarships for the 2021 season which runs through the end of Spring semester. Very smart by the coaches if true.
AND we went 8-5 at least (maybe 9-4) with massive scholly reductions! We on the up and up! Let’s go!!

Looks like the Broncos are going to make a run at Rodgers now.

It won’t happen, but I wish the Titans would make a run at Russell Wilson.
please no. Broncos would be forsaking all reason and logic for a one year wonder. Not worth it for a dramatic headcase.

Go for Wilson.

The basketVOLs are solid, they dropped a couple games they should have won, but also won a couple I didn't expect they'd win.

Santi is playing his best ball, nothing really to groan about with his play, especially in the SEC. Maybe a bit smarter on the defensive end so he doesn't get into foul trouble so early.

I'd like to see the bigs rebound better, regardless of which of the 4 is on the court it's frustrating that our 5'9" guard is out rebounding them and often playing less minutes. The difference is pretty clear the guards attack rebounds and the bigs (except maybe BHH) always seem to wait on the ball rather than attack it.

My biggest complaint is the carelessness with the ball. KC making lazy passes or JJJ and Olivier just straight up not being able to catch it at times. If/when JJJ returns to shooting 30%+ from deep like he did his previous two years here he'll be having a bigger impact on our success moving forward.

It was a tough game, and despite their record Florida isn't a push-over...not sure any SEC team really is. They all got talent on their roster, even Georgia. Florida was hot in the first half from deep, but folded when we clamped down on defense in the 2nd half. Hopefully by the time March rolls around we're consistently playing good offense/defense for a full 40 minutes.

Loved the win last night and our comeback in the second half, but I have to disagree on being "solid"... There's a lot of talent, but we should be playing at a much higher level of consistency at this point in the season... you still never know which team will show up and whether they will show out or lay an egg... Certain players will show up and ball one game, then completely disappear the next... Santi is one of the only ones on the team hitting his stride and playing consistently... We are still very hot and cold with shooting game to game, half to half. If this team can somehow figure out how to shoot consistently, matched with our good defense, we could still surprise some folks come tourney time... I look at our remaining schedule and how we've played and it's a crap shoot on wins and losses...
We are not playing well on the road, so this weekend will be a big indicator as to which direction this team is headed into the remainder of the season... Still a lot of really good teams left to play with the same or better records...

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back