Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Close win, nothing changed after tonight’s game. Should be a good one.
Not confident after Milton and Hyatts performance tonight. He has to hit those guys running open in the middle too...Heupel even called him out on it post game.

I think the most important abilities in an effective QB are simply vision, accuracy and decisiveness...not arm strength, not mechanics, not speed, quickness or size.

Joe Milton has all those things in spades, but he is badly inaccurate, indecisive and can not see his receivers very well.

We ran because there was a soft box all night. BG expected us to air it all over the place just like we all did, but one hallmark of heupel’s offenses is taking what the defense gives you and making them pay for it. Milton wasn’t perfect but we ran because we were doing it well, not because Milton wasn’t cutting it. In fact, I suspect miltons performance was at least in part due to not being able to get into a rhythm bc the running game was humming. His opening two drives were great bc he was in his stride.

Yes Milton is still in the heisman race also, voters will take this into account

Reactions: StoVol
I’m a newbie. So, take it for what it’s worth. Did not find the game exciting at all. On field, meh. Very little in-stadium hype. No replays on the screen until the 4th quarter. Very little music besides the dj that you couldn’t hear except when he was onscreen. No buy in. I’m hoping that it was just a lame opponent and therefore not a normal game atmosphere.

Over under 2.5 quarters before we see a quarterback change next game?
He protected the ball well. If he does that again, think he'll be given rope. You have to let guys make mistakes, unless a backup is just right on his heels. Don't see that here. Think you give Milton room and get him prepped up for the conference season and let him progress. If it's a total disaster, of course...and it sounds like Hooker could be serviceable.

He protected the ball well. If he does that again, think he'll be given rope. You have to let guys make mistakes, unless a backup is just right on his heels. Don't see that here. Think you give Milton room and get him prepped up for the conference season and let him progress.
Don't you be giving him the JG treatment

I am hoping that Milton becomes more comfortable using the middle of the field.
He seemed scared to throw down the middle..most of the time he looked really indecisive was when he almost pulled the trigger but waited a second too late when guys were flashing open in the holes in the zone, those holes were thereanf they were huge. Maybe that is a result of Harbaughs coaching making him tentative throwing the middle...who knows 🤷‍♂️ maybe he just isn't comfortable with a stacked zone like that 🤷‍♂️

He protected the ball well. If he does that again, think he'll be given rope. You have to let guys make mistakes, unless a backup is just right on his heels. Don't see that here. Think you give Milton room and get him prepped up for the conference season and let him progress. If it's a total disaster, of course...and it sounds like Hooker could be serviceable.
He had a bad fumble.

Reactions: Enki_Amenra
One pleasant surprise for me was that we only had 1 false start penalty. I was expecting at least 3 with it being the first game.

Strange game overall. One dropped ball and a holding penalty keep us away from scoring in the 50’s. I would like to know if the decision to be so run heavy in the second half was because Milton was not having a very good day or because BG was constantly dropping 7-8 guys into pass coverage (probably a combination of the two).

I wasn’t expecting to learn a lot from this game to begin with and nothing changed. My only expectation was for the game to not be in question past the first quarter and even though we were only up by 8 points at the half I still never questioned we would win. One thing people should appreciate is that this is the type of game that we would have won 24-10 under Pruitt and we ended up winning by 32 tonight.

Man tonight was a total disaster at the QB position. Hooker is more than serviceable, he played way better at VT than our guy did tonight.

I’m a newbie. So, take it for what it’s worth. Did not find the game exciting at all. On field, meh. Very little in-stadium hype. No replays on the screen until the 4th quarter. Very little music besides the dj that you couldn’t hear except when he was onscreen. No buy in. I’m hoping that it was just a lame opponent and therefore not a normal game atmosphere.
lol it probably took them till the 4th quarter to figure out how to be fast enough to get replays in with the quick tempo. TV broadcast had problems with it all night, replays running into the next play. They finally thought of running replays on a split screen with live action.

He seemed scared to throw down the middle..most of the time he looked really indecisive was when he almost pulled the trigger but waited a second too late when guys were flashing open in the holes in the zone, those holes were thereanf they were huge. Maybe that is a result of Harbaughs coaching making him tentative throwing the middle...who knows 🤷‍♂️ maybe he just isn't comfortable with a stacked zone like that 🤷‍♂️
Hopefully they will script a few passes to get him going without thinking too much.

One pleasant surprise for me was that we only had 1 false start penalty. I was expecting at least 3 with it being the first game.

Strange game overall. One dropped ball and a holding penalty keep us away from scoring in the 50’s. I would like to know if the decision to be so run heavy in the second half was because Milton was not having a very good day or because BG was constantly dropping 7-8 guys into pass coverage (probably a combination of the two).

I wasn’t expecting to learn a lot from this game to begin with and nothing changed. My only expectation was for the game to not be in question past the first quarter and even though we were only up by 8 points at the half I still never questioned we would win. One thing people should appreciate is that this is the type of game that we would have won 24-10 under Pruitt and we ended up winning by 32 tonight.
I forgot about false starts. They did really well on that and not many penalties except the ones calling back TDs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back