Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
I said it half joking - those really were awful no calls though. When everybody in the stadium can see it then it’s inexcusable.
The intentional grounding, agreed. The holding...eh...no worse than just about every other play, IMO.

SEC 0-3 thus far.

Auburn and Florida finishes the season 6-7. Terrible.
i-dont-quite-see-the-problem-here-dont-understand.gif

See...that pisses me off...I am not being a downer, I am very optimistic about the future...as long as idiotic blind unrealized crazy expectations don't ruin it in the next couple of years.

We have no good depth...at any position...we have too many guys like Davis that have been barely more than bodies to throw out there when the starter goes down. I realize and applaud the vast improvement some guys made, but you can't bank on it to happen like that next year at enough of a pace to forestall the effects of say 8-10 starters and backups being down.
9-3

You don't have to lose games to build a program.

If CJH can do it in two, how about we say he might do it in two? It will not change what happens if we say it. Just don't suggest assassinating the coaching staff if it takes 4+ years to get to the division champion status. But it is OK to not have BVS and have a solid basis for hope.

In Saban's second season at LSU they won the west division and Sugar Bowl with a 10-3 record. In his second season at Bama they won the west division and lost the Sugar Bowl with a 12-2 record.

NC champ coaches such as Spurrier, Fulmer, Meyer, Stoops - all had excellent second seasons. Other successful HC's such as Franklin at Vandy in his second season, third at PSU. Smart at UGA - same deal. Just run through the list of successful coaches. Their teams usually jump up in the second season.

If we leave him alone and give him what he needs, CJH can do likewise. We are Tennessee.
Being optimistic is not allowed. Don't you know we're going to suck next year??

BVS is strong in some.

Pittman got Arky to 8-4 in Y2. Kiffin has Ole Miss in an NY6 in Y2.

To be fair, Kiffin’s permanent cross-division rival got smoked by ETSU, and his “big” non-conf opponent went 6-6 in the ACC and got blasted by UK to the tune of 52-21.

But I do think 8-9 regular season wins is very attainable next year for the good guys. Still, patience is in order regardless.

Reactions: GoBigOrange86
You don't have to lose games to build a program.

If CJH can do it in two, how about we say he might do it in two? It will not change what happens if we say it. Just don't suggest assassinating the coaching staff if it takes 4+ years to get to the division champion status. But it is OK to not have BVS and have a solid basis for hope.

In Saban's second season at LSU they won the west division and Sugar Bowl with a 10-3 record. In his second season at Bama they won the west division and lost the Sugar Bowl with a 12-2 record.

NC champ coaches such as Spurrier, Fulmer, Meyer, Stoops - all had excellent second seasons. Other successful HC's such as Franklin at Vandy in his second season, third at PSU. Smart at UGA - same deal. Just run through the list of successful coaches. Their teams usually jump up in the second season.

If we leave him alone and give him what he needs, CJH can do likewise. We are Tennessee.
Sooo...what you are saying here is if Heupel doesn't have a huge jump next year, then he is not good enough...not as good as those guys you named.

Sooo...what you are saying here is if Heupel doesn't have a huge jump next year, then he is not good enough...not as good as those guys you named.
No, he's saying it's okay to believe good things will happen and not surrender to BVS. BVS, like syphilis, can rot your brain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back