Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
R.f321c109a5e111df9f68f12301545523

If we address LB in the portal, I just don't see all these "holes" in our roster. I'm very optimistic about next year. Your BVS is acting like PMS. Eat some chocolate.
See...that pisses me off...I am not being a downer, I am very optimistic about the future...as long as idiotic blind unrealized crazy expectations don't ruin it in the next couple of years.

We have no good depth...at any position...we have too many guys like Davis that have been barely more than bodies to throw out there when the starter goes down. I realize and applaud the vast improvement some guys made, but you can't bank on it to happen like that next year at enough of a pace to forestall the effects of say 8-10 starters and backups being down.

You don't have to lose games to build a program.

If CJH can do it in two, how about we say he might do it in two? It will not change what happens if we say it. Just don't suggest assassinating the coaching staff if it takes 4+ years to get to the division champion status. But it is OK to not have BVS and have a solid basis for hope.

In Saban's second season at LSU they won the west division and Sugar Bowl with a 10-3 record. In his second season at Bama they won the west division and lost the Sugar Bowl with a 12-2 record.

NC champ coaches such as Spurrier, Fulmer, Meyer, Stoops - all had excellent second seasons. Other successful HC's such as Franklin at Vandy in his second season, third at PSU. Smart at UGA - same deal. Just run through the list of successful coaches. Their teams usually jump up in the second season.

If we leave him alone and give him what he needs, CJH can do likewise. We are Tennessee.

By the way, I somehow won my fantasy playoff game...
I was down my RB1, RB2, and RB3 and I was down my WR1. Additionally, I was down to a terrible flex option. Mark Andrews and Waddle saved my ass. Waddle was a hell of a draft pick because he is now a borderline WR1. On to the ship!

It takes 5-6 years to build a sustainable program in this league IMO. Fanbase is going to have to be patient and not eat our own.
Keeping your coach for 5-6 years is stable / sustainable by definition, so I'm not sure what your point is here. The real question is who doesn't have success in years 1-5 and then starts winning in year 6, and the answer is virtually no one.

It is completely impossible... Completely unreasonable... For a coach to make a bowl game in year 1. Or so we were told under Pruitt, Butch, and Dooley.

Get the right coach and win, wrong coach and lose. I think it's not nearly as complicated as the "gotta give him 5 years" crowd makes it out to be.

I mean year 3 will likely see a bit of growing pains. Hendo and Tillman will both be gone and we'll lose other starters as well.

But next year I think 8-4 is a real possibility and then just hope that whoever the new QB is come year 3 he's able to get it going and we can keep momentum winning 7 or more games.

Tbh anything less than 8 next year will be a disappointment. Was just a handful of plays away from 9 wins this year with a harder schedule. There might be a step back year 3 but I'm not banking on it. I think the '23 class and portal keep that from happening. 8 should be the floor imo.

See...that pisses me off...I am not being a downer, I am very optimistic about the future...as long as idiotic blind unrealized crazy expectations don't ruin it in the next couple of years.

We have no good depth...at any position...we have too many guys like Davis that have been barely more than bodies to throw out there when the starter goes down. I realize and applaud the vast improvement some guys made, but you can't bank on it to happen like that next year at enough of a pace to forestall the effects of say 8-10 starters and backups being down.

Our backup OL look scary. Is Davis the guy that always get hurt on extra points and FG's?

You don't have to lose games to build a program.

If CJH can do it in two, how about we say he might do it in two? It will not change what happens if we say it. Just don't suggest assassinating the coaching staff if it takes 4+ years to get to the division champion status. But it is OK to not have BVS and have a solid basis for hope.

In Saban's second season at LSU they won the west division and Sugar Bowl with a 10-3 record. In his second season at Bama they won the west division and lost the Sugar Bowl with a 12-2 record.

NC champ coaches such as Spurrier, Fulmer, Meyer, Stoops - all had excellent second seasons. Other successful HC's such as Franklin at Vandy in his second season, third at PSU. Smart at UGA - same deal. Just run through the list of successful coaches. Their teams usually jump up in the second season.

If we leave him alone and give him what he needs, CJH can do likewise. We are Tennessee.

Exactly this myth about 5 and 6 year rebuilds need to end. The problem has been hiring bad coaches. Heupel has hired a good staff and let them do their jobs. Be nice to keep them together a few years and let them develop this roster. There is quite a bit of talent to work with. UT can make the same jump as other programs.

By the way, I somehow won my fantasy playoff game...
I was down my RB1, RB2, and RB3 and I was down my WR1. Additionally, I was down to a terrible flex option. Mark Andrews and Waddle saved my ass. Waddle was a hell of a draft pick because he is now a borderline WR1. On to the ship!
I made my final too. Picked up waddle off the waiver wire. Been a great addition!

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back