Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still looking at a 7 or 8 win team next year IMO. Still won’t have the talent and depth to run with the big dogs in this league.
10-2 or 9-3. Bama and Georgia are probable losses. Every other game is winnable. I think 10-2 is possible, but 9-3 is more likely.

10-2 or 9-3. Bama and Georgia are probable losses. Every other game is winnable. I think 10-2 is possible, but 9-3 is more likely.
We haven't won 10 games since 2007. I won't believe it until it happens. I'm sorry but I cannot beat my BVS. 9-3 would be nice though.

Reactions: JacketVol
I agree with Ben...what kills me is that most of us have went blind with the optimism justifiably and understandably endeared by the good job the staff did this season, and have forgotten or minimized all those holes in the roster.

Getting to 9+ wins is going to be a chore (not impossible with this staff, but still a hard chore) for at least 2-3 years, and the same thing I said pre-season this year still holds true..every injury to starters and primary backups makes getting to that level even harder.

I will not say they can't do it quicker, but I understand the realities of the situation. I think the absolute worst thing that can happen for our future would be for unrealized expectations to become corrosive enough to destroy the hard won momentum that has built up.

We have a great possibility to return to our rightful place with Josh Heupel, but for us to get there we have to have patience enough to bear with them when they hit the inevitable(imo)bumps that are coming up.
R.f321c109a5e111df9f68f12301545523

If we address LB in the portal, I just don't see all these "holes" in our roster. I'm very optimistic about next year. Your BVS is acting like PMS. Eat some chocolate.

I agree with Ben...what kills me is that most of us have went blind with the optimism justifiably and understandably endeared by the good job the staff did this season, and have forgotten or minimized all those holes in the roster.

Getting to 9+ wins is going to be a chore (not impossible with this staff, but still a hard chore) for at least 2-3 years, and the same thing I said pre-season this year still holds true..every injury to starters and primary backups makes getting to that level even harder.

I will not say they can't do it quicker, but I understand the realities of the situation. I think the absolute worst thing that can happen for our future would be for unrealized expectations to become corrosive enough to destroy the hard won momentum that has built up.

We have a great possibility to return to our rightful place with Josh Heupel, but for us to get there we have to have patience enough to bear with them when they hit the inevitable(imo)bumps that are coming up.

You passed the test of the last 15 years!

When your program is losing 7+ games a year most years, you can't put the expectations of Alabama on new coaches. You just can't. Otherwise, you'll be losing 7+ games a year into perpetuity as coaches cycle through, etc. etc.

It's not BVS - it's plain reality

I submit the last 15 years as evidence to support my point of view.

I'm starting to believe Cade is really leaning towards coming back. If that happens, and with the addition of Mincey, our OL will be fine. I could see us adding another WR from the portal, but even if we don't, I think we'll be fine at WR. I don't think our offense has holes like some want to claim. On the defense, I think our line will be fine. We need at least one portal LB. A Safety would be nice as well. Other than that, I think our defense will be okay. We're not as bad off as some want to make out.

Bama and Georgia are chalked up as a loss every year until we get close to their level of talent. Their rosters are elite and their coaches are elite. Not going to just out scheme them. I’d like to say we beat Florida but I’m not going to until we prove we can do it. Anytime a program beats you 17 out of 18 years or whatever it is you can’t assume that’s going to be a win. We’re better than Missouri, South Carolina and Vanderbilt. We’re probably on par with Kentucky. 9 wins is a stretch IMO.

Last edited:
Bama and Georgia are chalked up as a loss every year until we get close to their level of talent. Their rosters are elite and their coaches are elite. Not going to just out scheme them. I’d like to say we beat Florida but I’m not going to until prove we can do it. Anytime a program beats you 17 out of 18 years or whatever it is you can’t assume that’s going to be a win. We’re better than Missouri, South Carolina and Vanderbilt. We’re probably on par with Kentucky. 9 wins is a stretch IMO.
Your opinion is wrong. 9-3.

It takes 5-6 years to build a sustainable program in this league IMO. Fanbase is going to have to be patient and not eat our own.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back