Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
No...I've not, and I have never read any of the stories and I am glad that I haven't..it would probably ruin the show for me if I did.

I don't understand why they can't do these adaptations like Peter Jackson did LotR..I understand pretty much every change that had to be made, and he threw a bullseye in the main characters and especially Middle Earth....every place looks exactly like it is described in the books, and the characters are who they are in the books.

What is really driving me crazy with the show is all the time wasted on conversations with characters that don't even exist in the books while ignoring that book 1 was an adventure by 9 characters with some great side characters. Constantly something dangerous happening, being hunted and chased by evil.

Instead we get to hear a Warder who isn't even in the books cry about an Aes Sedai who wasn't in the books. That 20 minutes could have been spent on something exciting. I mean, it's all freaking written out for them...they just have to not F it up. And Loial was terribly done. Tar Valon and Dragonmount were underwhelming, no Caemlyn, no Elyas Machera, no world building or character development among the main characters. Do they honestly think this is more interesting than the actual story?

The 80s are easily the worst decade in modern human history. Terrible fashion, largely forgettable music and many failed genres, the rise of the yuppie and wall street greed culture, and the cars were downright HIDEOUS. It's like everyone lost their mind and sense of aesthetics for a decade...maybe a little longer.

I blame the 1980 UGA football team. The world should never forget.
I loved the eighties, but I loved the nineties even more...it has been a slow decent into hell ever since.

I’m seeing more of the 70s, “Dazed and Confused” look. Much cooler than the basic mullet.

What i love about these high school women... I get older and they stay the same age, yes they do.

Echoes is amazing on that movie! I had the privilege of visiting Pompeii with my daughter and of course had to wear my Pink Floyd concert T-shirt. She couldn't believe a band actually played there. I was surprised to see posters where Gilmour had done a concert again at the colosseum.

Very cool story man. Watching them play songs from Meddle and Ummagumma blew my mind when I was in my early teens. I sometimes wish I was old enough to have seen them and other greats in concert in their prime.

Reactions: hooter vol
Someone on P5 level needs to hire West Ky OC. Dude is legit from this year and what he did at Houston Baptist. Wr schemes open for days but have dropped them

The 80s are easily the worst decade in modern human history. Terrible fashion, largely forgettable music and many failed genres, the rise of the yuppie and wall street greed culture, and the cars were downright HIDEOUS. It's like everyone lost their mind and sense of aesthetics for a decade...maybe a little longer.

I blame the 1980 UGA football team. The world should never forget.

Not even close to being right.

What is really driving me crazy with the show is all the time wasted on conversations with characters that don't even exist in the books while ignoring that book 1 was an adventure by 9 characters with some great side characters. Constantly something dangerous happening, being hunted and chased by evil.

Instead we get to hear a Warder who isn't even in the books cry about an Aes Sedai who wasn't in the books. That 20 minutes could have been spent on something exciting. I mean, it's all freaking written out for them...they just have to not F it up. And Loial was terribly done. Tar Valon and Dragonmount were underwhelming, no Caemlyn, no Elyas Machera, no world building or character development among the main characters. Do they honestly think this is more interesting than the actual story?
It's woke LGBwhatever fan fiction.

Very cool story man. Watching them play songs from Meddle and Ummagumma blew my mind when I was in my early teens. I sometimes wish I was old enough to have seen them and other greats in concert in their prime.
My biggest regret (I can or could do nothing about) was never getting to see them live. ‘94 in Nashville would have been my only chance…

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back